Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Jeep Gladiator
I bought these blue letter decals for our Bronco Sport Badlands. I wanted to cover the letters "BRONCO" in the front on the grill and the letters in the back "BRONCO SPORT" on the back lift gate. I sent a message to the seller on Etsy and asked him if it was best to just install them over the letters dry after I had cleaned the letters on the BS with an alcohol pad or use a wet solution of water/soap in a spray bottle. He told me not to use the wet solution and put them on dry. I just got done and it was a royal PITA to install the letters as they would cling to the plastic letters when I was trying to get them ready to apply. Static electricity I would guess. Then at 68, I am not as steady as I used to be. The letters are not perfectly straight, but not too bad looking. However, I am thinking about a different color as my wife thinks they look to bright on our Area 51 color.
Question to all you experts, what is the best way to apply them and should I of used the wet solution to make things easier? What did you do and can you post pictures too please if you have applied decals on the Bronco letters on your BS?
Thanks very much!!!
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3024
Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3028
Sponsored

Jmuns

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BL
I did it dry as well. It's a tedious process to get them on good, but it was fairly quick after a couple letters. I have since removed the front decals as I wanted to see the Bronco lettering on the grill. Now looking at the pics I may order some new decals and black it out again.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3785

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3789

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did it dry as well. It's a tedious process to get them on good, but it was fairly quick after a couple letters. I have since removed the front decals as I wanted to see the Bronco lettering on the grill. Now looking at the pics I may order some new decals and black it out again.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3785

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals IMG_3789
Thanks for the reply and pictures, Justin! I looked at another YouTube video from 4X4Graphics.com and it shows them installing them with the wet method. I think the next group of letters I purchase will be from them. I sure like your dark letters and how well they are aligned. You did a great job!!! I am thinking that with the wet method, I could get them really straight and aligned perfectly. The "C" in sport was my biggest bear to get right. When you have a minute, you could always help your new bestest buddy "Phil" (me) install the next set since Florida is pretty close to Tennessee :crackup:
Seriously, I can get it done again, especially with the wet method of moving them around to align them perfectly! My daughter is pretty crafty and if I need help, she can help me as I help her hubby do the oil changes on their full sized Bronco Big Bend!
Thanks again!

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
I have the front ones on back order according to Ford. I keep trying to get the rear ones, but no luck yet.

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
When I did mine, I cut out each individual letter from the sheet I was sent and peeled off just the top part of the letter by a sliver, aligned it, and then peeled the backing off super slowly. My rear quarter panel window decals I did put on using the wet method.

I'm not sure 100% I like my color (matte cobalt blue), but I don't dislike it enough I've taken them off yet. I'll see how they survive the winter and evaluate in the spring time. :)

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20220926_010432228_iOS (2)

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20221102_170919635_iOS (2)

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the front ones on back order according to Ford. I keep trying to get the rear ones, but no luck yet.
Why are you buying from Ford, Brian? And are they expensive? Thanks!

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
When I did mine, I cut out each individual letter from the sheet I was sent and peeled off just the top part of the letter by a sliver, aligned it, and then peeled the backing off super slowly. My rear quarter panel window decals I did put on using the wet method.

I'm not sure 100% I like my color (matte cobalt blue), but I don't dislike it enough I've taken them off yet. I'll see how they survive the winter and evaluate in the spring time. :)

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20220926_010432228_iOS (2)

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 20221102_170919635_iOS (2)
You did a very nice job Catie!!! Interesting color. I think I like it :like:

SapphireCat

Big Bend
First Name
Catie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
You did a very nice job Catie!!! Interesting color. I think I like it :like:
Thanks! I think if I were to do it again, I'd try a bluer-blue than the gray-blue. Ha.

I do like the bright blue on yours - they make the letters pop and Area 51 looks really blue in some lights so it compliments.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks! I think if I were to do it again, I'd try a bluer-blue than the gray-blue. Ha.

I do like the bright blue on yours - they make the letters pop and Area 51 looks really blue in some lights so it compliments.
Thanks Catie! I agree with you! However, the better half wants a different color so here we go again...LOL!!!

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
Thanks for the reply and pictures, Justin! I looked at another YouTube video from 4X4Graphics.com and it shows them installing them with the wet method. I think the next group of letters I purchase will be from them. I sure like your dark letters and how well they are aligned. You did a great job!!! I am thinking that with the wet method, I could get them really straight and aligned perfectly. The "C" in sport was my biggest bear to get right. When you have a minute, you could always help your new bestest buddy "Phil" (me) install the next set since Florida is pretty close to Tennessee :crackup:
Seriously, I can get it done again, especially with the wet method of moving them around to align them perfectly! My daughter is pretty crafty and if I need help, she can help me as I help her hubby do the oil changes on their full sized Bronco Big Bend!
Thanks again!

I did my dry as well (after alcohol wipe down) . Takes a while, gets easier as you move along. As for color, I went with a light gray for my A51.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 9E40DD56-424F-4875-9212-7BD0F02BF625

Last edited:

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Why are you buying from Ford, Brian? And are they expensive? Thanks!
I wanted the Velocity Blue colored letters to match the color of my BS. If I could purchase from someone selling that manufacturer I’d do it, but I couldn’t find anything on eBay. They have a website, but the only Bronco lettering they sell on their website was for the big Bronco when I looked.

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I did my dry as well. Takes a while, gets easier as you move along. As for color, I went with a light gray for my A51.

Ford Bronco Sport New Vinyl Letter Decals 9E40DD56-424F-4875-9212-7BD0F02BF625
Looks really good Roger! Light Gray might be in our future as well :like:

OP
OP
Phil_R

Phil_R

Badlands
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I wanted the Velocity Blue colored letters to match the color of my BS. If I could purchase from someone selling that manufacturer I’d do it, but I couldn’t find anything on eBay. They have a website, but the only Bronco lettering they sell on their website was for the big Bronco when I looked.
OK, thanks Brian. Etsy and 4X4 Graphics have a good selection as well, but an exact match to your color might not be available from them. Thanks again!

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
OK, thanks Brian. Etsy and 4X4 Graphics have a good selection as well, but an exact match to your color might not be available from them. Thanks again!
No problem! I only have the front ones on order and I keep missing out on getting the back ones because they sell out. I just hope they look good on it when I get them eventually.