Hobbit

Badlands
First Name
Bibby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford sport bronco
I have seen many horror stories on the bronco sport. I have a badlands trim. what r the issues and great things about this trim? I am loving my bronco so far.
Sponsored

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
A lot fewer issues than the 1.5L.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I have seen many horror stories on the bronco sport. I have a badlands trim. what r the issues and great things about this trim? I am loving my bronco so far.
This is one of those question that's best answered with a bit of searching on the site.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Issues? We don't need no stinkin' issues.

Mines been fine for nearly 18 months. 2.0 Badlands.

OP
OP
Hobbit

Hobbit

Badlands
First Name
Bibby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford sport bronco
I am very new to high tech cars lol. 1997 is very different then a 2022. I went for the 2.0 just cuz I read so much issue with the 1.5 engine

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
A lot fewer issues than the 1.5L.
Ok I tried looking, what issues other than the recalled fuel injectors does the 1.5 have?

My dealership has a Badlands in stock I went and test drove today. I really don’t want it even though it’s a lot faster and smoother riding because it’s almost bare bones compared to my fully loaded OBX, but idk. Also, I went through a lot to get my BS and I just feel weird about possibly getting rid of it.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ok I tried looking, what issues other than the recalled fuel injectors does the 1.5 have?

My dealership has a Badlands in stock I went and test drove today. I really don’t want it even though it’s a lot faster and smoother riding because it’s almost bare bones compared to my fully loaded OBX, but idk. Also, I went through a lot to get my BS and I just feel weird about possibly getting rid of it.
Dead or dying batteries causing electrical issues, water pumps.

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
Dead or dying batteries causing electrical issues, water pumps.
Oh ok thank you. Yeah I just wanted to know so I could keep an eye on stuff. I have over 16,000 miles on it and only have had it for a year at the end of next month. I would think about getting a Badlands, but I’d have to order one with all the stuff I want. Plus money is tight rn and the interest rates went up from when I bought my OBX along with the price of BS’s so it’s just not feasible to do it rn.

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
I am very new to high tech cars lol. 1997 is very different then a 2022. I went for the 2.0 just cuz I read so much issue with the 1.5 engine
I had a F150 with a 5.0 V8. I ordered a 22 Bronco Sport Badlands. Loved it. I put 21,000 miles on it in 16 months of ownership. Great vehicle for me. I used it as a trade for the new one I ordered. I discovered there were three things I didn’t get on the 22 that I wanted, so I ordered them on a 23. Took delivery two weeks ago. I love the new one. I don’t know if I’ll ever use the CMS to it full capability, but it’s great for keeping things out of sight in the back end. No, I really don’t need Adaptive cruise on the daily, but when I get on I5 for hours, it’s nice to have. The tow package isn’t huge, but it’s enough to haul a jet ski.

I have not had any horror stories at this point. My dealership (West Hills Ford, Bremerton) has been great. Nothing added, unless I wanted it. Sold at MSRP, or less if rebates were available. If you’re in Western Washington, check them out. The West Hills complex has just about any Brand you could want.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Oh ok thank you. Yeah I just wanted to know so I could keep an eye on stuff. I have over 16,000 miles on it and only have had it for a year at the end of next month. I would think about getting a Badlands, but I’d have to order one with all the stuff I want. Plus money is tight rn and the interest rates went up from when I bought my OBX along with the price of BS’s so it’s just not feasible to do it rn.
I took the chance with the 1.5L because I don't go offroad or want a stiffer suspension ride, rubber floor with no carpet for $3+k more but I do wish a 2.0L was an option..

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
I took the chance with the 1.5L because I don't go offroad or want a stiffer suspension ride, rubber floor with no carpet for $3+k more but I do wish a 2.0L was an option..
I wish it would’ve been too since the OBX is supposed to be the luxury trim of the BS. I told my dad today that if it wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg and wouldn’t void my warranties, I’d try to have an engine swap done with the 2.0. It probably wouldn’t be hard.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I wish it would’ve been too since the OBX is supposed to be the luxury trim of the BS. I told my dad today that if it wouldn’t cost an arm and a leg and wouldn’t void my warranties, I’d try to have an engine swap done with the 2.0. It probably wouldn’t be hard.
I'd bet that there's more to it than you think! Cheers!

Bronco Blue

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Escape
I'd bet that there's more to it than you think! Cheers!
Probably, but I wouldn’t be the one doing it lol. I’m not a mechanic. I’d have someone else do it. I just wouldn’t think it’d be difficult to do since the 2.0 liter fits in the BS with the Badlands trim.

Again, the 2.0 liter should’ve been an option since the OBX is more of the luxury trim. I mean don’t get me wrong, I like the growl of the 1.5, but the smoothness and quickness of the 2.0 liter I test drove today was nice.

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[parts ="Bronco Blue, post: 166531, member: 8876"]
Probably, but I wouldn’t be the one doing it lol. I’m not a mechanic. I’d have someone else do it. I just wouldn’t think it’d be difficult to do since the 2.0 liter fits in the BS with the Badlands trim.
[/QUOTE]
There are a lot of other parts a swap would need. Some expensive major parts.
Sponsored