radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
It would appear that the 2020 North American maps are now available for those of us with built-in Nav. I spotted a forum that has a not-so-legal way to update...so I checked the Ford update site and it does say there is an updated set of maps ready for download. There is a complimentary upgrade option, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if that's just a one-time complimentary upgrade or if I should wait for a future update that is complimentary? Or if all updates within a certain amount of time are complimentary? I assume since we all just got our vehicles recently, Ford realizes it would not look great to charge for an update already (since ours came with 2019 maps).

Link to get the update from Ford: https://syncnavigation.com/ford/available-updates
Sponsored

bronco_wv

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Rapid Red
It would appear that the 2020 North American maps are now available for those of us with built-in Nav. I spotted a forum that has a not-so-legal way to update...so I checked the Ford update site and it does say there is an updated set of maps ready for download. There is a complimentary upgrade option, but I'm wondering if anyone knows if that's just a one-time complimentary upgrade or if I should wait for a future update that is complimentary? Or if all updates within a certain amount of time are complimentary? I assume since we all just got our vehicles recently, Ford realizes it would not look great to charge for an update already (since ours came with 2019 maps).

Link to get the update from Ford: https://syncnavigation.com/ford/available-updates
The site says:
*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q1 19. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 1 19.

My Navigation Maps Version: NA119
on my BS BB

Looks like no update is available for me yet.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
The site says:
*Data points above represent the changes in the HERE Map Database from Q1 19. Exact data may vary by product. The current Map version is NA 1 19.

My Navigation Maps Version: NA119
on my BS BB

Looks like no update is available for me yet.
Oh where did you see that message on the page? I don’t see that on the site I’m looking at.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
We will keep watching for the update!
I wish there was a way to check and make sure they just didn't forget to update that panel on the homepage because entering my VIN and ESN, I'm definitely offered an 'update' but it doesn't say what the update actually includes on the Order page.

pixlpush

Badlands
First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tern GSD Ebike (car free at the moment)
With Apple CarPlay available I’ll never use the factory NAV, even if it’s updated it’s really clunky to use. Google maps are so much better and are always up to date.

OP
OP
radioboy77

radioboy77

Outer Banks
First Name
Jerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
With Apple CarPlay available I’ll never use the factory NAV, even if it’s updated it’s really clunky to use. Google maps are so much better and are always up to date.
Yeah but it’s nice to have when the phone is dead or not around. I’ve found it pretty easy to use for favorites like home.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
its weird, I checked before and there was no update, now it says there is an update, I downloaded it, installed it, and still 2019 maps....
welp, time to go the Cyanlabs route now that they fixed the 2020+ MY issue....

kskr

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Escape, Bronco Sport
I wish there was a way to check and make sure they just didn't forget to update that panel on the homepage because entering my VIN and ESN, I'm definitely offered an 'update' but it doesn't say what the update actually includes on the Order page.
When I checked my VIN, I was also offered a complimentary update.
Sponsored