Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BSFE, '12 F150 FX4, '94 Explorer, '93 YJ
Hello from Southwest Kansas! I am a new member and proud new owner of an Area 51 First Edition. I really like this vehicle! I did not order this Bronco and I didn’t have one reserved. I am just a Ford guy and I have been excited to see the return of the Bronco, and the new Bronco Sport.

After spending hours on B&P, I wanted to finally see one in person. A dealership near me showed that they had at least 2 on their lot. Well I arrive at the dealership and barely get a chance to look at the first one I saw (a Rapid Red Big Bend) and there was the salesman. We talk and look the car over, then he asks if I am interested in test driving one. I said sure and he then says okay then you need to come see this First Edition we have in the back. The guy backed out so now it’s up for grabs. I thought wow that would be pretty cool to check out a First Edition! Long story short, I drove it, I liked it, I and bought it!

You have to see this color in person to really appreciate it! Depending on the lighting, it can be blue, gray, greenish, or any mixture of the three. IMO the navy pier looks pretty cool and although I didn’t test drive a BS with the 1.5, I wouldn’t want anything less than the 2.0. It had a lot of power for a small vehicle. After a 500 mile road trip, I can report that I am very impressed! I averaged 25 mpg at 75 mph. I enjoyed using the lane keep assist feature. Adaptive cruise would be cool but I don’t think its a big deal not having it. The ride is very comfortable, and the inside feels very spacious. The rear seats are surprisingly very comfortable. It does look cramped back there but it makes for a nice ride. I am 6’2” and had no complaints with the front or rear seat. Of all the vehicles I have owned or driven, this probably has the most head room.

I have not really had a chance to take it off road. I did do a little drive down a 2 track road just after a light snow and it was no problem. The road was dirt with some rocks. The ride was not bumpy at all, the suspension is great! The different terrain modes are pretty cool. The way the vehicle performs when in different modes is pretty noticeable. The throttle response and shift points vary greatly depending on mode selection. Rock Crawl seems like it is in a low low gear. Sport is an interesting one and the artificial v8 sound is cool, kinda adds to the driving experience. Normal and Eco seem pretty similar. It doesn’t matter what mode I put it in, they are all good and the vehicle itself just gives me a feeling of adventure. I want to take it to the mountains and drive up some winding roads or head out in the country on a dirt road watching the dust kick up in the mirror! The Bronco Sport is an awesome vehicle which I think will prove to be pretty capable off road as well.

I will do my best to answer any questions. Get out and see one in person if you can is my best advice. I still haven’t seen one on the road, but I have seen a few on dealership lots.
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 104A4B49-42E3-4814-888B-F8DF77F1F15E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 9A74B9B4-98EE-4722-B04C-29B8B80EFCAE
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition FB7A54FC-3186-49BA-8916-C05D0DFCFDC7
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 094369BC-D95D-40AD-BE84-4FE2CE21E7E4
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 0C8F82F9-1D9E-4EA9-9242-524B60BD476E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 20064401-983A-4F54-8389-3F7EC82E7CD9
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 82CE9D28-3B4C-488F-877F-355CD0A92F3E
Ford Bronco Sport New Member/Owner Review Area 51 First Edition 7ED4AAD1-572F-4A1B-B807-6BFE92C2D833
Sponsored

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Awesome! My Badlands (Area 51) was built on 12/16 and it's supposed to be at the dealer between Jan 30th and Feb 5th! Reading your story makes me want to hurry the time even more lol! Enjoy!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awesome! My Badlands (Area 51) was built on 12/16 and it's supposed to be at the dealer between Jan 30th and Feb 5th! Reading your story makes me want to hurry the time even more lol! Enjoy!
I'm not sure on my build date exactly since I didn't order it myself. There is a date of 12/3 on the window sticker. Maybe that is my build date idk. Can't wait for you and others to receive your Broncos, and to start seeing these on the roads and trails! Give us an update when you get yours! Thank you!

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm not sure on my build date exactly since I didn't order it myself. There is a date of 12/3 on the window sticker. Maybe that is my build date idk. Can't wait for you and others to receive your Broncos, and to start seeing these on the roads and trails! Give us an update when you get yours! Thank you!
Did you try going onto the shop Ford site and enter you VIN in? If you have an account, it'll give you the build date and estimated arrival date.

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try going onto the shop Ford site and enter you VIN in? If you have an account, it'll give you the build date and estimated arrival date.
I haven't tried that yet. I'll give it a try and see what I find out. Thanks

Reactions: Wyo

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Canyon, Fiat Spider 124, Bronco Sport Badlands

https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/
I’ve checked the Shop Ford site weekly since I got the note from a Ford that it had been scheduled for 11 Jan. The site has never been updated, just telling me the order was confirmed (first box). My dealer does not seem to know anymore. So I am just hoping 11 Jan is still real. BL+BL and cargo management and wild peak tires.

OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’ve checked the Shop Ford site weekly since I got the note from a Ford that it had been scheduled for 11 Jan. The site has never been updated, just telling me the order was confirmed (first box). My dealer does not seem to know anymore. So I am just hoping 11 Jan is still real. BL+BL and cargo management and wild peak tires.
Hopefully yours won't take too long for delivery once it gets built. Give an update on when you take delivery. I have the wildpeaks and they look good. What color did you order?

I tried what @Wyo said and found out that our Broncos share a birthday! Mine was scheduled on 12/11 and built on 12/16! I wonder how close our production sequence numbers are? Mine is A13384. Speaking of birthdays my BroncoS was delivered on 12/30 which happens to be my birthday!

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try calling Ford? 1-800-334-4375. It will help to have the order number and possibly dealer number (not phone number). Or VIN if you had it which you obviously don't. But honestly, if your dealer is good, Ford likely won't tell you anything different.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Did you try calling Ford? 1-800-334-4375. It will help to have the order number and possibly dealer number (not phone number). Or VIN if you had it which you obviously don't. But honestly, if your dealer is good, Ford likely won't tell you anything different.
Done all of that. I do have the VIN and have used it on the shop.ford site. Am just assuming it is the bit of chaos Ford must be having with all of the pressures and changes they are having.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Done all of that. I do have the VIN and have used it on the shop.ford site. Am just assuming it is the bit of chaos Ford must be having with all of the pressures and changes they are having.
Well hopefully it'll open up soon. I know mine sat on step 1 forever and then all of a sudden it was scheduled and built (12/16 also). Now it's just the long wait for it to arrive. My dealer said they should know when it gets transferred from the rail to a truck.

JamesT

Badlands
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Follow up: I talked with Ford this morning. He told me he could not tell me anything more than what was on the https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ page. He said I need to talk with my dealer (who had referred me to this page). Feels like there is a challenge in systems.

Bdub

First Edition
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
So I've figured out the Shop Ford and Palsapp website are not accurate. Shop Ford still showing 1/16 delivery date and my dealer just called to let me know I can pick up my Sport this afternoon.

OP
OP
Chase65

Chase65

First Edition
First Name
Chase
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So I've figured out the Shop Ford and Palsapp website are not accurate. Shop Ford still showing 1/16 delivery date and my dealer just called to let me know I can pick up my Sport this afternoon.
Congrats and enjoy your new Bronco Sport!

Its interesting that the tracking is not accurate but what a welcoming surprise to have it show up earlier than expected!

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Oooo. My sport has a delivery date of 1/14. I'm in northern Virginia. I was hoping for a call this week! ?

olly12

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fusion
Follow up: I talked with Ford this morning. He told me he could not tell me anything more than what was on the https://shop.ford.com/vehicleordertracking#/ page. He said I need to talk with my dealer (who had referred me to this page). Feels like there is a challenge in systems.
I know we have the same dealer, they just emailed me and said mine was "in California" in transit to the dealer. CA being a big state (and the fact that most of the journey to WA is in CA regardless) not sure how helpful this is lol. For reference, mine was built 12/23, shipped 12/28 (original build estimate was 1/11). This is 13 days after the date shown on bottom of window sticker, but a few weeks before Fords estimated build date of 1/11.

Ford email said delivery to dealer on 1/18-1/24, tracking website shows 1/24. I expect it will be a bit earlier than both of those.

A51 BL, (no BL pkg), optional wheels/wildpeak and tow pkg.
Sponsored