I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Pretty sure my BS is possessed. Window switch replaced a couple weeks ago and now a brand spankin' new issue with the right wiper arm no longer going back to the resting position. It's most noticable using intermittent settings. Have an appointment tomorrow morning to get it checked out and will only do "manual intermittent" as necessary before then...would hate to have it die completely should my afternoon commute drizzle turn into a monsoon. Anybody else run into this before or is my Big Bend just Big Eeevil?
Sponsored

Last edited:

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
The Abby Normal brain in the background.

Hope you get all those demons cast out from the BS.

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Side note: think I've finally settled on a permanent profile picture, which also sort of explains why the BS is freaking out. Frau Bleucher!
[Winnie!]

Last edited:

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
Pretty sure my BS is possessed. Window switch replaced a couple weeks ago and now a brand spankin' new issue with the right wiper arm no longer going back to the resting position. It's most noticable using intermittent settings. Have an appointment tomorrow morning to get it checked out and will only do "manual intermittent" as necessary before then...would hate to have it die completely should my afternoon commute drizzle turn into a monsoon. Anybody else run into this before or is my Big Bend just Big Eeevil?
The right wiper doesn’t extend below the cowl when on intermittent and never rests below the cowl. It’s normal.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Pretty sure my BS is possessed. Window switch replaced a couple weeks ago and now a brand spankin' new issue with the right wiper arm no longer going back to the resting position.
If the wipers are on, it doesn't go back to the "parked" position. It "hovers" about 2" higher while waiting to sweep. Or do you mean it isn't going back there after using the wiper?

OP
OP
I-gor

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
🤞 I'll be the happiest person at the dealership if it's only an odd engineering design, even when everyone points and laughs as I drive away.

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
The auto wipers on my BB only go not park position when no more moisture is sensed.

OP
OP
I-gor

I-gor

Big Bend
First Name
Reno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If the wipers are on, it doesn't go back to the "parked" position. It "hovers" about 2" higher while waiting to sweep. Or do you mean it isn't going back there after using the wiper?
That's exactly what's happening. In fairness to myself, I've never had another car that does that. What's next? Telling me that there's no actual Nigerian prince that can help me access vast, unclaimed wealth?

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I could be wrong, but on my Badlands, the right wiper does stay about three inches above the resting place whenever I have the intermittent setting turned on. They do go down whenever I turn them off.
Sponsored