New Big Bend Yesterday!!!

Debby

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Just picked up out new Bronco Big Bend. Love it...cool!!!
Stopped for coffee at a local coffee house and the folks went nuts...I think that one guy was more excited than we were.
ours is the 2nd one purchased in our county and everyone makes a big deal over it.
Anyway, it has the 1.5L engine and seems to have plenty of power. Transmission shifts smooth. It’s very comfortable and handles pretty well.
My wife wanted a Jeep 4 door until she drove one...harsh ride, floppy handling, ouldnt see out the rear window, felt cramped and hard to get in and out (we’re old). Getting into the rear seat was very difficult.
She drove the Bronco about a mile and was sold....all the Jeep negatives were more than resolved in the Bronco!! There was no choice.
Plus, the Bronco way $10,000 cheaper than the Jeep!!!!!
Hope we feel the same way in 10,000 miles. We are doing the suggested 1,500 mile break-in process, but I always do that on any new vehicle.
Sponsored

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
Stopped for coffee at a local coffee house and the folks went nuts...I think that one guy was more excited than we were.
ours is the 2nd one purchased in our county and everyone makes a big deal over it.
Anyway, it has the 1.5L engine and seems to have plenty of power. Transmission shifts smooth. It’s very comfortable and handles pretty well.
My wife wanted a Jeep 4 door until she drove one...harsh ride, floppy handling, ouldnt see out the rear window, felt cramped and hard to get in and out (we’re old). Getting into the rear seat was very difficult.
She drove the Bronco about a mile and was sold....all the Jeep negatives were more than resolved in the Bronco!! There was no choice.
Hope we feel the same way in 10,000 miles. We are doing the suggested 1,500 mile break-in process, but I always do that on any new vehicle.

Good luck with your new Sport and post some pics when you have a chance.

Wyo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1968 Bronco, 2018 Expy
Congrats and keep us informed on how it does!

Ponds

First Edition
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You’re not “old”... you’re seasoned! congrats on a great truck!

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
We had the same comparison in mind - a Cherokee Latitude or Trailhawk versus the Bronco Sport.

Bronco Sport had more in it for the money, and without getting the new 4-cyl turbo or V6 in the Cherokee, you're stuck with an anemic pig of an engine. Add the necessary powertrain for a fair fight and 4WD in the Cherokee, and you're almost at $38k for a comparable Jeep to a $30k BS. Then add that Ford only gave me around $1000 off MSRP and Jeep was claiming "$7500 in incentives" - but I could never get the Cherokee down below $35k at any dealership.

Gave both a test drive and my girlfriend fell in love with the Bronco comfort and handling - and the Area 51 color. It was a done deal.

Now - comparing it to my Colorado ZR2 that we traded in (it was worth the most and I wanted to replace it with a full Bronco eventually anyway) - this vehicle soaks up the bad roads and terrain as well as the ZR2 - and just as poised. All that is missing is some good A/T tires which is on the list of things to do this month.

Tall Timbers

Badlands
First Name
Tall
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Badlands Bronco Sp, 23 Ford F150 Hybrid (order)
Congrats. Your post reminds me of back in the spring of '98 when I had one of the first of the newly designed '99 F250s. Quite a few truckers tooted their horn when they'd see us on the highway. It was my first full size truck and I almost felt like I was driving something as big as an 18 wheeler. It was a 4x4, so sat pretty high, and was a crew cab long bed. That was fun back in the beginning...

Kperry62

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Enjoy it! Congratulation!

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
Bronco Sport had more in it for the money, and without getting the new 4-cyl turbo or V6 in the Cherokee, you're stuck with an anemic pig of an engine. Add the necessary powertrain for a fair fight and 4WD in the Cherokee, and you're almost at $38k for a comparable Jeep to a $30k BS. Then add that Ford only gave me around $1000 off MSRP and Jeep was claiming "$7500 in incentives" - but I could never get the Cherokee down below $35k at any dealership.
I'm curious what you mean by this base Badlands is 33 in the base Cherokee Trailhawk 35.6 but sells for about 33.

The non Badlands sport has the same AWD system as a Jeep Compass or Renegade.

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I'm curious what you mean by this base Badlands is 33 in the base Cherokee Trailhawk 35.6 but sells for about 33.

The non Badlands sport has the same AWD system as a Jeep Compass or Renegade.
I was comparing non-Badlands to a non-Trailhawk in terms of speed, features, price. I was looking at a Trailhawk because I know for a fact the 2.4L in the other trim packages is an absolute pig. The 2.0L turbo changes that - but again you're paying a premium.

The other part of it is you're looking at a brand new model vs one that was face-lifted in 2019 and has been out since 2014... and is still selling at a premium at most dealers. A fully decked out Trailhawk shouldn't be more than $38k - but I was seeing them listed at 40-41k all day long around here, with dealers then putting their "incentives" on them. Ford in the area at least has not been marking up MSRP - despite what I have seen from some articles with the Bronco Sport.

So for the NC/SC/GA area - I can say the Bronco Sport was the better deal. Time is money... and I have better things to do than spend days fighting with Jeep dealers that won't honor TrueCar pricing or anything else.

McBrideless

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Buick Lesabre
I think the handling is an underrated feature on the BS. It’s so impressive for an SUV of its size. I liked it even better than the RAV4 I test drove.

DMEARC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang, 2021 BS OB
Awesome! Congrats!
Sponsored