New 21 OB vs Used 21 BL, Decisions, decisions.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Hi, again. I've got quite the issue here and was wondering if I can get some help.

I bought brand new, fresh off the truck, Cactus Gray 21 OB with 360+ and OB package. I've since added the OEM tow hitch and BL rear bumper. I pay approximately $510 a month with roughly $3,200 miles.

I've got an opportunity to jump into a used 21 Carbonized Gray BL with BL package, tow package, and 360+ for just $30 more a month.

I know I won't do any serious off-roading, but I NEED the 2.0L motor and feel a bit of 'buyers remorse' over the 1.5. Again, I know I will probably never use it but damn, i typically like to get top of whatever I buy.

Thoughts?
Sponsored

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
If it were me, I would get what I want for $540/month vs $510/month.

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
You didnā€™t mention the mileage and condition on the BL as well as actual purchase price instead of monthlyā€¦ā€¦.But I would switch in a heat beat since you now have a feel of the 1.5 vs 2.0. That is enough to switch to a BL and not for its off road capabilities.

it is too bad Ford doesnā€™t offer the 2.0 as an option on other trims.

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
My wife ordered a Badlands specifically for the 2.0. In my experience, the extra power is much preferred over "good enough".

As mentioned above I think the biggest factor would be condition and miles.

OP
OP
bjbena

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
You didnā€™t mention the mileage and condition on the BL as well as actual purchase price instead of monthlyā€¦ā€¦.But I would switch in a heat beat since you now have a feel of the 1.5 vs 2.0. That is enough to switch to a BL and not for its off road capabilities.

it is too bad Ford doesnā€™t offer the 2.0 as an option on other trims.
Its from a Ford dealer so the BL is in great condition. Looked at the pictures and all seems to be ok. It's obviously not going to be in 'as good' condition as mine as I'm super anal when it comes to my cars but it looks to be ok.
My wife ordered a Badlands specifically for the 2.0. In my experience, the extra power is much preferred over "good enough".

As mentioned above I think the biggest factor would be condition and miles.
See above.

Reactions: MJE

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I know I won't do any serious off-roading, but I NEED the 2.0L motor and feel a bit of 'buyers remorse' over the 1.5.
This is about 60% of why I went BL instead of BB. Sure, I want (but don't need) the improved off road capabilities, but mostly I've lived with an anemic power train and a CVT for 6 years and I'm done with it. I have a bad habit of talking myself down and settling then getting what I wanted all along on the second purchase. That was not allowed on the BS order.

Reactions: MJE

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
and a CVT for 6 years and I'm done with it. I have a bad habit of talking myself down and settling then getting what I wanted all along on the second purchase. That was not allowed on the BS order.
I really feel your painā€¦ CVT is not good. Idea is sound but execution has been terrible. I had one on an Audi for a whileā€¦.and thatā€™s why Ford is lucky that Iā€™m so far sticking to my order or Iā€™d got an Outback.

soā€¦ conditions is acceptable? Go check it out and test drive it. Before somebody take it from you. 360+ option is very hard to find at least where I am at. Waitā€¦ thatā€™s a BL+BL and 360+ā€¦.. where is this dealer:angel:

Funkygus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep JL Rubicon
I have a bad habit of talking myself down and settling then getting what I wanted all along on the second purchase. That was not allowed on the BS order.
Ha! I have done the same. Wanted a roadster, loved the Jag F-type, convinced myself a Maita was a more sensible choice. Ended up getting rid of the Miata and doing an order for a Jeep Rubicon optioned just the way I wanted it. Almost 4 years later and still love it like the day I got it.

My wife drives a sensible Kia Soul, I wanted her to have the same feeling I have with the Jeep so she ordered the Badlands with everything she wanted.

Moltenburn

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BS BL w prem, 360, shelf. VW Arteon
Assuming the dealer does a genuine dollar for dollar type of deal. I say buy that Badland. Only thing you can't do aftermarket in some fashion is the bigger engine, with locking diff. And that right there is worth the effort.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have a bad habit of talking myself down and settling then getting what I wanted all along on the second purchase. That was not allowed on the BS order.
This is me as well, & ultimately why I went BL too instead of sticking with just what I ā€™needā€™, the OB. Last vehicle I bought, the 2020 explorer, really wasnā€™t for me or what I ā€˜neededā€™. So this time around, with current market conditions, Iā€™m allowing myself ONE do over with the BS order. So I had to get it right the first order, since itā€™s already my first do over. The small $/month, & small thing Iā€™d be giving up (ambient lighting, given in Canuck land the BL down to the Base comes with some of the other small stuff like deicer, rain sensing wipers, etc.).

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
It's obviously not going to be in 'as good' condition as mine as I'm super anal when it comes to my cars but it looks to be ok.
This would be the only downside I can see as the extra $/month canā€™t be a huge deal in your budget. But then as Wild pointed out too, Iā€™m assuming thatā€™s $30 more per month while keeping your financing term the same. That theyā€™re not trying to hide a huge price difference from OB to BL by increasing the length of your loan term.

Ponyrider

Outer Banks
First Name
Nadine
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport, BMW Z3
Its from a Ford dealer so the BL is in great condition. Looked at the pictures and all seems to be ok. It's obviously not going to be in 'as good' condition as mine as I'm super anal when it comes to my cars but it looks to be ok.

See above.
It's in great condition, but did the dealer say why the previous owner gave it up?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
as I'm super anal when it comes to my cars but it looks to be ok.
Money quote.
My experience, used is used. Hard to say why it was used and what that may hold. I've never had a positive experience with used vehicles and if you are that anal...I see further regret with 90% probability. I'd love to be wrong but if you are that uptight...I would lay money you will discover something. These sorts have enough normal things going on...I have the 2.0 badlands. I drove the 1.5 multiple times before my order arrived as the Badlands were like hens teeth for a while. I don't see the big deal or big difference particularly with the amenities on the OB and if you aren't going to utilize the off-road...I'd say it would be a huge mistake.
To each their own. The 2.0 isn't all that big of a deal...it's not a sports car, it's not a massive diesel. It's a four cylinder.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Why not order a Badlands and wait instead of taking chance on used one? Typically used Bronco Sports are super pricey and a lot of times more then a special order and wait new Badlands.
Sponsored