Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I've complained on here and I've also posted photos and helpful tips. So maybe I'm part of the problem. But all of my complaints have been legit and not for the sake of trolling or hearing myself complain. I think if Ford tried hard to fix problems and show great customer service, instead of the occasional lip service, the experiences here would be a lot different. I still come around occasional to see what's new on here. Unfortunately with the limited aftermarket, there's not much to talk about. But it's still nice to see people using their Broncos off-road. Maybe we should organize a BBQ in local chapters and try to make it a national thing. If it's popular enough, maybe we'd get more aftermarket support and improve the attitudes on the forum.
Sponsored

Scottie137

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Another positive post:

“The average price paid for a new vehicle was the highest on record in July at $48,182, up 12% from the prior-year period, according to Kelley Blue Book.”

So viewed from that lens, the BS is actually far below the average vehicle cost. What a bargain!! 😀

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I've complained on here and I've also posted photos and helpful tips. So maybe I'm part of the problem. But all of my complaints have been legit and not for the sake of trolling or hearing myself complain. I think if Ford tried hard to fix problems and show great customer service, instead of the occasional lip service, the experiences here would be a lot different. I still come around occasional to see what's new on here. Unfortunately with the limited aftermarket, there's not much to talk about. But it's still nice to see people using their Broncos off-road. Maybe we should organize a BBQ in local chapters and try to make it a national thing. If it's popular enough, maybe we'd get more aftermarket support and improve the attitudes on the forum.
Personally this is also a good site to post issues and even questions, because, it's a focused community of owners and a safe bet...if it happens to you I might be next. Not to mention some may have quick diy solutions to zero risk problems.
The big picture is a handful of owners or those who just antagonize battles of words bashing Ford and laying blame or their unfortunate dislike of the sport. It's a target audience vehicle. If you have buyers remorse, bought a lemon, it's not what you expected, sell!!! Don't bitch to people who like this vehicle. The market has never been better. I recently shopped every competitive brand of SUV in this class with my wife, the sport was not what she wanted, but everything we looked at had issues and in some cases ugly issues. The value and cost of similar SUV for what this sport does and can do....we got a good deal in the modern market.

BravoAlpha

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Expedition MAX Silverado Z71
WOW, I gave the tree a negative shake, and look at all the positive that fell out! Thanks folks, I guess all the negative news the last 3 years is weighing on me. I'll try to be more positive! And if I ever say anything negative about our Badlands, my wife would leave me, AND take the Baby!
negatives get clicks.

when people want attention, a negative title, commentary, and something shocking will get the most activity. Thats what the news media does.
1) snag your attention (thru outrage or fear)
2) tell you what it is
3) make you feel like this affects you and everyone around you
4) give you a new buzzword so that you can feel confident on being an expert on it
5) put the conclusion together in such a way that you now have an opinion
6) now you feel equipped to carry the message to the world

all in less than 2 minutes, your an expert and your mind is made up

its torn families and neighbors and friends apart

hell, we don’t even attack the refs or the coaches anymore…..we attack the other teams fans. We used to question authority and policy….now, we attack each other.

in a community of people who own the same damn vehicle, there’s division. Us vs them. Let me browse the forum so I can find something to hate about the vehicle I just purchased

Tired of the negativity? Create a thread title… titled “negativity” and watch clicks and comments rack up. It sells. People want to be informed especially when is false and negative and something that gives them fear and anxiety

Adam CW

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I find the reaction some have to receiving a recall notice interesting. They act like their car, which they may have been safely driving for months or years, is suddenly a death trap that could murder them at any moment.

Then you get the people who brag about how their 25 year old car has never been recalled and still runs like new with all the original parts.

I’m exaggerating but you get the point!

Feint

Badlands
First Name
Jon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
I think people are allowed to vent their frustrations at some of the insanity that has come up from the many recalls Ford has done in the last few years across their new lineup. Valves falling inside of engines, missing bolts from suspension, cracked blocks, cracked drive shafts, unbonded windshields, malfunctioning airbags, etc. And taking with that the overall low build quality some of us experience day to day that never gets acknowledged in a recall, it paints a picture that I think any responsible consumer would be shocked at if they have any experience with competing brands.

The idea that consumers should keep silent because of brand loyalty or because they don't want to disturb others, that's stupid and a waste of the power that consumers have to make things better. I've heard that called bitching, trolling and just being negative in this thread. But I think it's people trying to make sense of the choices they've made. Looking to others to help make sense of that is a good step toward action or inaction.

Tigger

Heritage
First Name
Tigger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Actually, Mark, You and Major are my favorite posters!
I’ve never blocked someone but I suddenly feel the need to block Carolo. 😜

You’re looking for positivity and not enjoying a Tigger?! I think we found your flaw. 🧐

OP
OP
Carolo

Carolo

Badlands
First Name
Chuck
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Badlands
I’ve never blocked someone but I suddenly feel the need to block Carolo. 😜

You’re looking for positivity and not enjoying a Tigger?! I think we found your flaw. 🧐
And Pendelton 1910, 12 year old Rye is my favorite whisky, but that don't mean I turn down other brands! Besides, my wife says I don't have any flaws, except maybe the whisky!:giggle:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
negatives get clicks.

when people want attention, a negative title, commentary, and something shocking will get the most activity. Thats what the news media does.
1) snag your attention (thru outrage or fear)
2) tell you what it is
3) make you feel like this affects you and everyone around you
4) give you a new buzzword so that you can feel confident on being an expert on it
5) put the conclusion together in such a way that you now have an opinion
6) now you feel equipped to carry the message to the world

all in less than 2 minutes, your an expert and your mind is made up

its torn families and neighbors and friends apart

hell, we don’t even attack the refs or the coaches anymore…..we attack the other teams fans. We used to question authority and policy….now, we attack each other.

in a community of people who own the same damn vehicle, there’s division. Us vs them. Let me browse the forum so I can find something to hate about the vehicle I just purchased

Tired of the negativity? Create a thread title… titled “negativity” and watch clicks and comments rack up. It sells. People want to be informed especially when is false and negative and something that gives them fear and anxiety
I think Carolo was referencing a small collection who are here to not pick not really divide just bash to bash and spill their bad energy and loathing. A few have been banned for just pounding a dead horse...no pun intended. It's tiresome. To your point yeah there are some who just take one side or the other, I am certainly "guilty" more than a few instances.

Last edited by a moderator:

Steelbronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
When I joined the "Bronco Sport Forum", it was to enjoy the community of owners comments on their Baby Bronco's. The support of other owners for problems, new products, and things to do with this cool, fun, exciting new automobile format. But the more topics I read, the more complaints I see about the failure to meet the wishes of purchasers of the vehicle. Wishes which should have been considered BEFORE buying the vehicle! This is no longer a fun forum about Bronco Sports, but a complaint department about Ford products in general. It is becoming more and more difficult to find FUN discussions about the Sport, instead of complaints. So if reading about other folks complaints about Bronco Sports is what this forum is all about, I may have to find something else to waste my time on.
Ford Bronco Sport Negativity dont-be-alarmed-willy-wonka-and-the-chocolate-factory

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
Self importance is such an awful burden.
Price is simply all the market will bare. It seems that $40,000 Is bearable to 160,000 Ford customers.
This forum is a good one, good people overall.
I still dig it. :’P

Last edited:

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
You are spot on and the current government ownership is fanning those divisive flames calling out hate rhetoric on opposing party members in a national address. I think Carolo was referencing a small collection who are here to not pick not really divide just bash to bash and spill their bad energy and loathing. A few have been banned for just pounding a dead horse...no pun intended. It's tiresome. To your point yeah there are some who just take one side or the other, I am certainly "guilty" more than a few instances.
new profile pic 👍🦈
binary 0's and 1's
that's all we're dealing with
some code transposed
stimulus / reaction
wait til we find out
Carolo is really an AI bot 😬

Wolf256

Badlands
First Name
Jane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Atlas Blue
Pops
you're breaking character
we're supposed to be grumpy old men
where's your gristle
sweater knitting for stray cats forum is not where you want to be
redeeming segments of your post still intact
complaining about complaining 😃
so there's still hope left
Dude, not all of us are men. How about a little love for us grumpy old women?
Sponsored