BjB13

Big Bend
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco sport
Last night I was parked in my driveway. Ran to get cash before going for food, then parked out front. Went into house and to get my son, got into the whip and Kaboooooom the tree right next to where I park in my driveway got lit up! Idk why I parked out front I usually always park in the driveway

Ford Bronco Sport Near lightning strike..... 1A1071CF-F38F-4427-855D-E6D0A17D4119

Ford Bronco Sport Near lightning strike..... 77C8D7CF-FC1B-4330-986B-E6996D9E9438
Sponsored

Fordfan

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BRONCO SPORT OB
Yeesh!...you're lucky. This dude was driving down the highway east of the city this week @60mph.......got struck by lightening.......freaky. Both were ok.

Ford Bronco Sport Near lightning strike..... 1628783797410

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
PSA God forbid anyone experiences this. If struck DO NOT GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE. The metal is charged and the tires are protecting you. If you get out and contact the ground and any metal, you will be electrocuted most likely.
If the car is on fire we'll swing the door wide and jump as far as you can to avoid contact with the metal.

christopheru

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Toyota Prius AWDe
Very lucky the tree didn’t explode. That happened a few blocks away and there was tree shrapnel in a two block radius. Lots of property damage but one one got hurt (which was really lucky).

Alfredo

Base
First Name
Alfredo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford bronco Sport
PSA God forbid anyone experiences this. If struck DO NOT GET OUT OF THE VEHICLE. The metal is charged and the tires are protecting you. If you get out and contact the ground and any metal, you will be electrocuted most likely.
If the car is on fire we'll swing the door wide and jump as far as you can to avoid contact with the metal.
That's good advice. I knew you are safe in the vehicle during a strike, I didn't know the charge persists for a while. Lol, Not that I'd be in any hurry to get out of the vehicle, first I need to check for blood and missing limbs. Any idea as to how long is it considered safe to exit?

Last edited:

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
That's good advice. I knew you are safe in the vehicle during a strike, I didn't know the charge persists for a while. Lol, Not that I'd be in any hurry to get out of the vehicle, first I need to check for blood and missing limbs. Any idea as to how long is it considered safe to exit?
I trained on this and believe it or not due to the tires the vehicle is considered charged until it can make ground. Assuming you are not in imminent danger do not attempt to exit until safety crews arrive. Most are not equipped with discharging equipment and typically need the power company to help de-energize the car. We had a house fire energized by power lines. We couldn't attack or enter until the power company arrived to secure the house. We the aluminum siding it was live energy. Lightning is far more powerful than standard civil electricity. It's cool to watch...safely