Trailrunner916

Badlands
First Name
Celia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I recently noticed when I was trying to back into a space that when I opened my driver door to see the parking lines (yes I know it has a back up camera but sometimes I like to see where I’m at visually) my car slammed itself into park. Also when moving forward at a slow speed if you open the driver door the car automatically shifts into park.
not sure that this is a feature I want or need. does anyone else is bronco do this? and is there a way to override this feature
Sponsored

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I recently noticed when I was trying to back into a space that when I opened my driver door to see the parking lines (yes I know it has a back up camera but sometimes I like to see where I’m at visually) my car slammed itself into park. Also when moving forward at a slow speed if you open the driver door the car automatically shifts into park.
not sure that this is a feature I want or need. does anyone else is bronco do this? and is there a way to override this feature
Definitely a safety feature , it was designed by ford when they owned Range Rover I believe back in early 2000 s , people where getting injured when they attempt the same thing you were trying . Great safety

Ford Bronco Sport My car automatically goes into park! 25530DB7-41D8-4258-9AF3-03735768D302

Adam06

Big Bend
First Name
Adam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big bend
It’s is definitely a safety feature don’t think it can be overridden. May be possible if you have forscan

birddog2

Badlands
First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda CRV Bronco Sport Badlands
My Badlands does not do this.
I tried going into both Drive end Reverse with the driver's side door open.
A warning flashed on the dash that I was not in Park, but the car continued to stay in Drive/Reverse as I had chosen.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
weird, cause ive reversed a few times with the door open when parking for camping. oddball.

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I have read if you still have your seatbelt buckled you can open
the door and it will not go into park.

OP
OP

Trailrunner916

Badlands
First Name
Celia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
A warning flashed on the dash that I was not in Park, but the car continued to stay in Drive/Reverse as I had chosen.
If I start with the door open and then go to either reverse or drive it will dash warning lights but not if I am already moving.

Pmk1710

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
You can disable the door sensor if necessary. It’s most likely set up like the full size Bronco for its optional door removal.

I remember the first time I took the doors off my Jeep and forgot about the sensor… drained my battery due to the overhead lights staying on the entire time I was parked and at work.
But - now it’s fun to laugh at new rookie Jeep owners who forget about the door sensors ;)

BSBB4Les

Big Bend
First Name
Les
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'03 Mustang conv, '22 Bronco Sport (Spooky)
My BB does it also. I also had a 2020 fusion awd that did the same thing. I think it only works with the dial shifters because I also had a 2019 Ecosport titanium awd that had a traditional shifter that didn't have that feature.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
If you keep your seat belt fastened, it will not put itself in Park, unbuckle it goes in park. That is the way my 22 OB functions today.

cgparsons1983

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Works in my badlands, but I have to leave it in drive, and put on the parking brake, then open the door and turn off the engine. I then see it switch from drive to park.
Sponsored