My 2021 Badlands Died

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
While I was stopped at a red light, I was first in line to go once the light changed. When it turned green I took my foot off the brake and my Badlands died (I do drive with the automatic shut off turned off). It wouldn't start again. Message on screen kept telling me to put it into park....but when it shut off it immediately went into park. I tried everything to get it started again. Ended up having to call Roadside Assistance and have it flatbed towed to the nearest Ford dealer....Anyone have this happen to them and know what the problem could be? Dealer is trying to find out but so far hasn't found the problem. HELP!!!
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The message to select park makes me think it may have something to do with the shift knob assembly. Malfunctions involving this component seem to generate all kinds of strange symptoms. Please keep us posted.

OP
OP
Adanac

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The message to select park makes me think it may have something to do with the shift knob assembly. Malfunctions involving this component seem to generate all kinds of strange symptoms. Please keep us posted.
Thanks..... I certainly will.....the message appeared when I tried to start it again. Am hoping someone else has had this problem also and can help me.

OP
OP
Adanac

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Happened to my wife a couple times. was a 12V battery issue.
Thank you, for letting me know. I presume they just changed the battery and all was well, or did they have to anything else to get it started again?

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Ask them.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Reminds of a previous thread where someone had a hair tie wrap around the shift knob and cause a malfunction.

Jg-broncosport

Badlands
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport badlands
Thank you, for letting me know. I presume they just changed the battery and all was well, or did they have to anything else to get it started again?
they may have done a software update as well.

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My shift module died the night I brought my Badlands home. Must've been faulty from the factory. It threw a code, but did not cause the entire vehicle to shut down nor did it instruct me to shift to park.

OP
OP
Adanac

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
My shift module died the night I brought my Badlands home. Must've been faulty from the factory. It threw a code, but did not cause the entire vehicle to shut down nor did it instruct me to shift to park.
Thanks.....every piece of info helps.

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands
While I was stopped at a red light, I was first in line to go once the light changed. When it turned green I took my foot off the brake and my Badlands died (I do drive with the automatic shut off turned off). It wouldn't start again. Message on screen kept telling me to put it into park....but when it shut off it immediately went into park. I tried everything to get it started again. Ended up having to call Roadside Assistance and have it flatbed towed to the nearest Ford dealer....Anyone have this happen to them and know what the problem could be? Dealer is trying to find out but so far hasn't found the problem. HELP!!!
Oh my goodness! Iā€™m in Oakville, Ontario, have a ā€˜21 Badlands and twice last week I was stopped at a red light, foot on brake, auto shut-off turned off, and my car shut down and shifted into park. It did, however, re-start. My dealer canā€™t take it in till May 1 due to winter tire changeover so Iā€™m holding my breath every time Iā€™m stopped in traffic with my foot on the brake.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Wow...A diehard fan after that initial experience on the first day!

OP
OP
Adanac

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Oh my goodness! Iā€™m in Oakville, Ontario, have a ā€˜21 Badlands and twice last week I was stopped at a red light, foot on brake, auto shut-off turned off, and my car shut down and shifted into park. It did, however, re-start. My dealer canā€™t take it in till May 1 due to winter tire changeover so Iā€™m holding my breath every time Iā€™m stopped in traffic with my foot on the brake.
OMG....sounds like the same problem...except mine didn't restart....the dealer told me when then pulled some of the spark plugs it appeared to be flooded. (could be because I had two towing trucks from the same company and both drivers tried to start it after I had cranked it a few times. Makes me feel better that someone else might have the same problem. I'll keep you posted as to what they find out...and good luck keeping it going until your appointment. THANKS!!
Sponsored