Most annoying issue you see while driving?

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Bucko, have some sympathy for us old blind guys. Elegance, I agree on tailgaiters.

Here in Albuquerque, homeless pukes stand on 1 foot wide medians panhandling. Now they've learned that if they jump out in front of you and you hit them, a sleazy lawyer can get them years of drug money.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Bucko, have some sympathy for us old blind guys. Elegance, I agree on tailgaiters.

Here in Albuquerque, homeless pukes stand on 1 foot wide medians panhandling. Now they've learned that if they jump out in front of you and you hit them, a sleazy lawyer can get them years of drug money.
I'm old right there with you, but I have no sympathy for myself!

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
In Florida, they have passed a law that states "hands free", so in theory, you'd have to have talk to text, or SYNC, or put the phone down. The fine is double if you use a cell phone in a school zone.

The problem is that the police don't have the time to simply go out an look for these types of offenders.

In Germany (I spent a lot of time there in the 90's), they had these laws in effect then. The first offense was a suspension of your license, and you had to take a driving class and road examine at a cost of $200.00 Euros to get your license back. We need to be more strict here in the U.S.
And Canada

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium

Dash cam scares them off.....after you hit them, of course. :crackup:

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
If there's one in this world that bothers me more than anything is a tailgater. And their motives are always the same, an intimidation tactic to get you to drive faster. And it never works. If anything, it either pisses people off and triggers road rage or they just ignore it and let the a-hole just whip around them. But it bothers me to no end when I'm driving along and then all of a sudden a Nissan Altima or Volkswagen Jetta is up my ass. What's so important that you just to have to be somewhere and tailgate somebody in the process? Nothing, that's the answer! There's no reason for it whatsoever.

Also, abrupt last-minute decisions. For example, a Silverado that's stopped at a red light in the straight lane randomly deciding to jump into the left turn lane after traffic passes because they get sick and tired of waiting at the light or they just can't make up their mind. Also, a Toyota 4Runner making an illegal u-turn from a straight lane after coming to a stop at a redlight with oncoming traffic heading their way. Or a Honda CR-V braking all of a sudden to make a right turn with no signal. You know, stupid s*** like that.

Here's a public service announcement: If you ever have to get behind the wheel for any reason, ALWAYS HAVE A PLAN! DON'T MAKE ABRUPT LAST MINUTE DECISIONS THAT ENDANGER YOU AND YOUR FELLOW MOTORISTS! I can't emphasize that enough! I realize this is asking for too much but if everyone had a plan instead of just jumping into their cars and improvising the whole way, our roads would be so much safer.
I see a lot of that where I live. The angry swerving because you’re not exceeding the speed limit enough. I love to slow down for those bastards.

petegee77

Big Bend
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
My basic 3 are mOrons who do 28 in the 40 MPH zone. I diots driving while looking down between their legs and the fact that, even in this modern age, there are so many freakin cars WITHOUT turn signals. Just amazing.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
In NM turn signals are to tell people that you've already changed lanes. Here, if you pxxs someone off, they're likely to shoot you. Most people don't understand the rules at 4 way stops and round-a-bouts.

At a 4 way, it is first come first serve. If you both arrive at the same time, if the driver to the right goes first he only has to cross 1/2 the intersection before you can go. Once you understand the reason, it is easy to remember.

At a round-a-bout, it is whoever enters the intersection first.

Dahilia, they're probaby just waving you on because you're cute.