Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
My son borrowed my BB with about 5,000 miles the other day and sent me the attached pics of moisture in both headlights. Having ignored some moisture in a Prius headlight a few years ago led to a $800 replacement so I’m a little sensitive to this!
I found a few thoughts on this in this forum and the F150 forum that seemed to say it was normal and that the headlights actually had vent fans. That would all be new to me. Do any of you have a similar condition or further thoughts?
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? F3F4BAD4-ABFC-4B1E-B46F-D429868CDD1E
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? 72039E53-9E2D-4171-89B8-6BDB85195557
Sponsored

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
That seems like a lot of moisture, I've not seen that much before. Are these LED? Did your Prius have LED?

OP
OP
Weston52

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I assume these are LED. The Prius was HDI or something like that but definitely not LED.

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
My son borrowed my BB with about 5,000 miles the other day and sent me the attached pics of moisture in both headlights. Having ignored some moisture in a Prius headlight a few years ago led to a $800 replacement so I’m a little sensitive to this!
I found a few thoughts on this in this forum and the F150 forum that seemed to say it was normal and that the headlights actually had vent fans. That would all be new to me. Do any of you have a similar condition or further thoughts?
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? F3F4BAD4-ABFC-4B1E-B46F-D429868CDD1E
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? 72039E53-9E2D-4171-89B8-6BDB85195557
I have the Badlands, less than 1200 miles, moisture in both headlight. I wonder if that is why the left cracked? Dealer took pictures said "no sign of bird strike, stone or anything. Sent pics to Ford they denied any warranty claim. My ins. is out $1500 plus install.

vxarctic

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I have the Badlands, less than 1200 miles, moisture in both headlight. I wonder if that is why the left cracked? Dealer took pictures said "no sign of bird strike, stone or anything. Sent pics to Ford they denied any warranty claim. My ins. is out $1500 plus install.
Doesn't the headlights have fans to stop mositure from building up? Could the fans be broken?

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
that seems like ALOT of moisture. i haven't seen any in mine.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
seems like a vent fan would draw outside air into the housing.
filtered air hopefully, might get dirty inside.

btw I believe the fan is to cool the LED heat sink

OP
OP
Weston52

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
Reason for denial?

tooloko

Big Bend
First Name
javier juarez
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco
The dealer and Ford Motor Company said: "It´s normal, a regular condition", always when it´s raining it will happens... You didn´t buy a submarine it happens in all broncos, it also depends of your geographical zone and the weather, that´s "all off road"
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? delantero der 2
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? delantero izq 2
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? neblinero der 1
Ford Bronco Sport Moisture in headlights? neblinero izq 1

ChefDank

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The dealer and Ford Motor Company said: "It´s normal, a regular condition", always when it´s raining it will happens... You didn´t buy a submarine it happens in all broncos, it also depends of your geographical zone and the weather, that´s "all off road"
?‍♂ I've had some pretty hard rain storms and some real foggy mornings; no condensation in mine

OP
OP
Weston52

Weston52

Big Bend
First Name
Weston
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Solara, 91 Miata
I’m thinking this rather flippant response is correct. The moisture condition I first reported happened to be after the Ida rains. Today I noticed after a dry spell of several days the lights are completely free of any moisture. It would appear that they aren’t sealed in the traditional sense.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
If you read the warranty on condensation in the headlights or taillights, there has to be enough for water droplets to run down. I went through this with one with my escapes. the rear tail lights condensed and streaked (among other leaking issues thus why we eventually traded it for the Bronco). Every time it was denied as "normal function" though the last time at the end of warranty period where it actually was enough to make streaks they were ready to replace it.
My other and current escape has light misting occasionally, similar to the pics in this thread in the tail lights but nothing like the one I ditched.

The headlights and tail lights are not SEALED units. They do have vents by design to compensate for humidity changes etc.

What i see in the pics above is completely considered normal by Ford. Annoying and frustrating yes, but not enough to be considered a defect.
I live in the pacific northwest and when the rains start, I expect to see a bit of this, but we have not so far, even in the spring when it was still wet.
Sponsored

Last edited: