Kodiakbear

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Outer Banks
It's great that they are taking care of you, but it isn't "missing". I think that's why these threads are so jarring.

I still want someone to post a scientific experiment showing that the cover either insulates heat or deadens sound to any significant, measurable amount. Like, with decibel meters and IR temp guns or a really discrete thermal camera. For every person on the internet that says it "insulates", another claims it "traps" extra heat and promotes wear. But, like, I can look right through the body panel gaps on this car. How sealed do you think the engine compartment is?
If'n it ain't there, it MUST BE MISSING! Duh!!!!
Sponsored

gman62

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks Edition
I have owned my BS since March. Have yet to even pop open the hood once (dealer does the oil changes).

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Yep, no engine cover also I have no hood insulator as well.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
We all ran out and bought Fords newest toy.
Itā€™s a new model but maybe we should tag these Baby broncā€™s as the 1st run of a ā€˜Pandemicā€™ vehicle.
You guys would have really been hollering if they were shipping with no headliner, or back seat.
Many parts come from China and Taiwan.
This Escape on Steroids is built in Mexico.Ford does the bulk of their on road R&D in Europe.
So much for being American made right !
The Only cars that are truly American Made are made by Tesla.
American hands build it,
On American soil,
NON Union,
Almost EVERY part Is sourced right here on home soil from US based companies.
Most everything else they make In house.
Ford is doing the best that it can.
They know most will not bitch about the now famous engine cover. Most will never notice it missing on their own.
Be happy you can still buy a vehicle with the Ford badge.

Power Man

Outer Banks
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150, Escape, Mustang, Fiesta,
Our OB has the hood insulation pad but not an engine cover. I was told that they are available.

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I thought my tired eyes were fooling me as I saw this post in the ā€œNewā€ threads ? ā€¦ and it continuesā€¦
The thread that never dies, all forums have one I guess~~~~~

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I honestly cannot remember the number of cars I drove growing up that had neither and they lasted forever, hood paint and all. Personally I like hearing the hard to hear sounds of my engine. Let's me know when something small is off.

Engine covers are almost an excuse not to maintain an engine cause no one know what is even under their cover!! LMAO. I once said PCV to someone and they are likeā€¦is that the plastic in the engine? :crackup: :crackup: :crackup:

Ford Bronco Sport Missing Engine Cover 0D004AAA-6156-4476-8FB9-5469165D0807
And that is when you "Could" work on your engine yourself. I could get in the engine compartment with the engine to work on my 283 V8, although the only emission controls on it were that air filter over the carb and the muffler and exhaust pipe and - oh yeah, that positive crankcase ventilation valve (PCV).

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
And that is when you "Could" work on you engine yourself. I could get in the engine compartment with the engine to work on my 283 V8, although the only emission controls on it were that air filter over the carb and the muffler and exhaust pipe and - oh yeah, that positive crankcase ventilation valve (PCV).
The B58 is not too bad for work or modifications even though it is a modern engine. Alot of sensors but still can get hands all the way in to remove parts. Definitely could do more with the old engines. I miss those. I remember my first lessons as a kid with my dad on his 68 mustang engine.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
Has anybody else taken possession of their new sport, opened the hood and discovered that the rubber/plastic engine cover isn't there.
I don't have one either. WAIT - I don't even have the engine that it goes on. Oh, that might also be because I haven't yet received my June build BS that just received its MISSING chips and FDM recall. I guess I have to have my BS to have an engine to have an engine cover. At this point - I don't give a damn if it comes with one or not!

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I don't have one either. WAIT - I don't even have the engine that it goes on. Oh, that might also be because I haven't yet received my June build BS that just received its MISSING chips and FDM recall. I guess I have to have my BS to have an engine to have an engine cover. At this point - I don't give a damn if it comes with one or not!
Pretty much looking at it like a kidā€¦10 toes, 10 fingersā€¦all good
4 wheelsā€¦4 doorsā€¦all good! :crackup:

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Better check after service, sketchy tech claims it was never there. Meanwhile there's a slightly used BS engine cover for auction on eBay

Mehdi

Big Bend
First Name
Safa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 ford bronco sport
Has anybody else taken possession of their new sport, opened the hood and discovered that the rubber/plastic engine cover isn't there. The service guy tried telling me that he doesn't think they include those anymore. In a polite way my response was bullshit! Turns out the complete listing of the parts for my sport said "Less engine cover"

I talked to my salesman and the sales manager. He said he's had that complaint from a couple of his customers, and doesn't know what's going on. They both agreed that is serves a valuable purpose! The dealer, who had been great to work with, is going to order it and pay for it.

I assume that Ford is getting cheap! These serve a purpose, muffle the noise a little and to insulate the engine heat from the hood. I'm guessing that by the time the paint cracks, fades, or you get that ring from the engine heat, they hope we'll have sold it, the warranty will be up, or they'll probably just say the it's not covered!

The Badlands and First Edition have the insulation installed on the underside of the hood! if this gets to be too much of a hassle, I'll just buy it and install it. It"s only $168 for all of the parts. I may get the Badlands insulation and have it installed on the hood if that possible!

Anyway, frustrat
I bought my 2022 ford bronco sport and I accidently poped the hood up to discover that the engine cover is not there and no hood insulation ! I went to the dealership and the answer was that they don't have any parts to replace them and, if they get some in their stock they will call me which I doubt it !
Sponsored