Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Anyone else taking a Memorial day road trip? We were supposed to meet my brother in law and his family in the Lincoln National Forest in NM till they shut it down yesterday. Looking like we're gunna make the longer trek up to South Fork Colorado area. Trying to get in our first real trail running. Anyone else have any suggestions for around that area, or have plans to go somewhere fun. I'll make a list for future adventures.
Sponsored

WinTech

Big Bend
First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BB, 2022 Passport, 2023 HR-V
My son and I are heading to our cabin in the blue mountains for the first time this season on Friday. It's at about 5000 feet. First time towing my harbor freight trailer and will basically be my first trip on gravel/dirt roads in the Bronco. Might do some fishing down at the Tucannon too.

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Anyone else taking a Memorial day road trip? We were supposed to meet my brother in law and his family in the Lincoln National Forest in NM till they shut it down yesterday. Looking like we're gunna make the longer trek up to South Fork Colorado area. Trying to get in our first real trail running. Anyone else have any suggestions for around that area, or have plans to go somewhere fun. I'll make a list for future adventures.
Hard to go wrong with just about anything from South Fork toward the west. Not that you couldn't get in over your head, just that the area is incredible.

NEFKANO

Badlands
First Name
NEFTALI
Threads
Reaction score
Website
neftalicano.com
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Yup lots of closures in NM... I'm still planning on heading off to Snow Lake... still shows open on the USDA Forest site... its of course in the middle of Gila, but things can always change...

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gila/recarea/?recid=1979

AmazingSieve

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Badlands
Bring a fly rod with while you’re at it and get some fishing in while you’re there.

OP
OP
Warpious

Warpious

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.floracreekplace.com
Vehicle(s)
'08 Merc Mariner, 2012 Mustang (R.I.P), 2022 BS BL
Yup lots of closures in NM... I'm still planning on heading off to Snow Lake... still shows open on the USDA Forest site... its of course in the middle of Gila, but things can always change...

https://www.fs.usda.gov/recarea/gila/recarea/?recid=1979
Yeah, we thought about Gila but its a bit much to get out there in one day from DFW, 10-11 hours is about as much as we wanna do in a day 12 is pushing it, 13-14 le sigh. Lemme know how it is out there!

MaxVelocity

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1970 Bronco
We're headed to the BS Off-Roadeo in Moab...

Elegance

Badlands
First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
For those of you in the Southwest heading to National Forests, please pay attention to active wildfires as well as fire restrictions. The weather and drought conditions are unprecedented right now and we as an agency are very concerned about visitor safety. Enjoy your road trips and time in nature, but please travel and camp wisely!
Sponsored

Last edited: