primexjaytee

Heritage
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Heritage
I recently installed the MBRP 2.5" Resonator-Back exhaust system on my 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition.

I will be uploading photos & videos once I get a chance, but for now, my thoughts:

Pros:
  • No more tiny exhaust tips that look like the faucet on an antique bath tub.
  • No more enormous suitcase mounted behind the rear axle (I want to estimate 20-30lb but don't quote me on that).
  • Cold starts are fun, but I am not in any rush to ask my neighbors what they think.
  • You get some nice turbo flutter noises when revving it, and in sport mode the exhaust note sounds nice when the ECU allows it to rev high enough.
Cons:
  • Despite what the manufacturers might want you to believe, you do NOT receive any type of performance gains from this modification (and yes, I purchased it knowing very well that this was the case).
  • The drone on the highway makes me want to... I will leave it at that. I have tried making sure everything was properly tightened and lined up to ensure there are no leaks causing this, but I think that there might just be no way around it. Between 70-80mph you are well above idle range, but you're also not moving enough air, so you end up with the most obnoxious drone I have ever experienced.

With all of this being said, I do still have the Momentum GT CAI by aFe on the way, along with their Scorcher GT module to get the ECU on my side when it comes to moving more air. I have no idea if this will have any effect on the drone, but it will actually allow me to start seeing some performance gains as a result of creating more boost. I will continue to update this thread with the results of my findings, but for now, I would love to hear any feedback you guys might have to offer. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer or a mechanic. I like to think that I am relatively competent (I did study mechanical engineering for a couple of years before dropping out and I have tinkered with machines my entire life), but this post is purely my own opinion, and should be taken with a grain of salt by anyone who is reading it.
Sponsored

jkeaton

Big Bend
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Big Bend / 2013 Escape Titanium
Drone is the single biggest reason why I detest aftermarket "performance" exhausts. I put an MBRP catback on my 2016 F150 5.0 and the drone was so bad the wife gave me an ultimatum....Needless to say, I still have the MBRP exhaust, but now it has a nice quiet walker OEM muffler that replaced the MBRP straight through muffler. :crackup: :like:

sikedsyko

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Drone can be eliminated if the exhaust manufacturer does some proper R&D on the system. My experience is that MBRP doesn't care about eliminating drone, their exhaust I bought for my Fiesta ST droned like crazy at highway RPM's. Swapped it out for a Mountune exhaust and had no drone.

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
Goodbye warranty with a tune. Most every failure can be traced back to. Even worse are those Scorcher GT module things, just tricks the ECU with fake data.

Dantanman

Badlands
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I recently installed the MBRP 2.5" Resonator-Back exhaust system on my 2023 Bronco Sport Heritage Edition.

I will be uploading photos & videos once I get a chance, but for now, my thoughts:

Pros:
  • No more tiny exhaust tips that look like the faucet on an antique bath tub.
  • No more enormous suitcase mounted behind the rear axle (I want to estimate 20-30lb but don't quote me on that).
  • Cold starts are fun, but I am not in any rush to ask my neighbors what they think.
  • You get some nice turbo flutter noises when revving it, and in sport mode the exhaust note sounds nice when the ECU allows it to rev high enough.
Cons:
  • Despite what the manufacturers might want you to believe, you do NOT receive any type of performance gains from this modification (and yes, I purchased it knowing very well that this was the case).
  • The drone on the highway makes me want to... I will leave it at that. I have tried making sure everything was properly tightened and lined up to ensure there are no leaks causing this, but I think that there might just be no way around it. Between 70-80mph you are well above idle range, but you're also not moving enough air, so you end up with the most obnoxious drone I have ever experienced.

With all of this being said, I do still have the Momentum GT CAI by aFe on the way, along with their Scorcher GT module to get the ECU on my side when it comes to moving more air. I have no idea if this will have any effect on the drone, but it will actually allow me to start seeing some performance gains as a result of creating more boost. I will continue to update this thread with the results of my findings, but for now, I would love to hear any feedback you guys might have to offer. Thanks for taking the time to read this!

Disclaimer: I am not an engineer or a mechanic. I like to think that I am relatively competent (I did study mechanical engineering for a couple of years before dropping out and I have tinkered with machines my entire life), but this post is purely my own opinion, and should be taken with a grain of salt by anyone who is reading it.
Although I love the sound of a loud rumble. I personally only modify my exhaust if I have the horsepower to accompany it. The majority of my previous muscle cars had electric exhaust cut outs. The active exhaust on my Corvette was amazing. No cats and still no drone when closed. To each his own though. If you enjoy it, that's all that matters.

Ford Bronco Sport MBRP 2.5" Resonator-Back Exhaust 1.5L -- Thoughts & More IMG_20200726_112844~2

Mrmike

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 OBX, '20 Ecosport, '21 Kymco X-Town 300i
There is a post on this forum about a guy who eliminated the drone tube on his system, and it eliminated his "whistle". Maybe this would help with your drone. I'll be following this thread closely. I really like the looks of this system, and this is the last mod I want to make to my OBX.

I'll be watching this thread closely for any additional info.

Last edited:

CrazyKZ

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I too used to own two Corvettes and had headers, CAI, Corsa exhaust with the "mild-to-wild" flap switch. With Corsa I never had drone at any speed and the loudness was truly amazing. I sure wish that Corsa made a kit for the Bronco Sport. I only see it for the full-size Bronco.

I'm making a list of all of the choices and links to youtube. It's a lot of money to just "try" one. I keep going back and forth and can't decide. :(
Sponsored

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
seoden88 2.0L EcoBoost Engine & Exhaust 9