Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I’ve tried searching the forum for what’s happening but can’t seem to find a thread so forgive me if this has already been asked.
Took the wife and her cousins on a long drive through the pnw yesterday and went to start the bronco after stopping at a beach and got the no key detected warning. Placed key in tray and started up. Than went to turn off the bronco at next stop and got “restart now or key is needed.” Than the fob wouldn’t lock the doors or unlock the doors unless I used the intelligent access feature and held the key right next to the handle. At no point have I gotten a low key battery warning. And today it unlocks and locks and starts fine. Gonna go pick up a fob battery today but was curious if anyone else has experienced this? Could a fob battery die without the bronco warning me before hand?
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Don’t know for sure but the Owner’s Manual states a keyfob low battery warning is displayed …

Ford Bronco Sport Low fob battery symptoms IMG_2352

Ford Bronco Sport Low fob battery symptoms 1710710021789-t8
So weird. The only thing I can think of besides a low fob battery is, I wear an insulin pump that communicates with a sensor in my arm via radio frequencies and maybe it’s messing with my key? It hasn’t been an issue for the year I’ve owned it though so makes me think that’s not it.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
So weird. The only thing I can think of besides a low fob battery is, I wear an insulin pump that communicates with a sensor in my arm via radio frequencies and maybe it’s messing with my key? It hasn’t been an issue for the year I’ve owned it though so makes me think that’s not it.
If you know the frequency the sensor and insulin pump use then we might know if interference with the keyfob is possible but also keep in mind as the keyfob battery gets weaker it is more susceptible to radio interference.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
If you know the frequency the sensor and insulin pump use then we might know if interference with the keyfob is possible but also keep in mind as the keyfob battery gets weaker it is more susceptible to radio interference.
Do you think having 4 cell phones in the vehicle would have that same effect? Cause it was the first time we’ve had more than just me and my wife in the vehicle. And the first time this has happened. Plus assuming their vehicle also has intelligent access seeing that they rented an electric vehicle, maybe it was just enough to confuse it.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Do you think having 4 cell phones in the vehicle would have that same effect? Cause it was the first time we’ve had more than just me and my wife in the vehicle. And the first time this has happened. Plus assuming their vehicle also has intelligent access seeing that they rented an electric vehicle, maybe it was just enough to confuse it.
I would only be guessing so instead I’ll say I don’t know if 4 cell phones could interfere with a key fob that has a battery “somewhat weak” but what is the connection with “their vehicle also has intelligent access seeing that they rented an electric vehicle”? Didn’t see you had mentioned that until now.

OP
OP
Chiefthepup

Chiefthepup

Big Bend
First Name
Colt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would only be guessing so instead I’ll say I don’t know if 4 cell phones could interfere with a key fob that has a battery “somewhat weak” but what is the connection with “their vehicle also has intelligent access seeing that they rented an electric vehicle”? Didn’t see you had mentioned that until now.
My mistake I was out and about haha. What I meant is maybe they had a key fob in their pocket for their vehicle as well, adding to the additional RF Frequencies.
Thank you for your responses ! Everything seems fine now was just a curious series events that made me wonder

rocks

Outer Banks
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
OBX, '23 HR-V EX-L wife's
I just change the battery every year to 1,5 years. Cheap and easy to do.
Sponsored