Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
I do not like putting my hands in my pocket, especially while sitting in a car.
I had that problem until I lost weight, put myself back in Fighting order. I can now easily reach into my pockets while sitting in a car.
But I still get my keys out before I sit down in my vehicles.
I am still the ā€œKey Masterā€
Give me a car key I can duplicate for $2.00
Fobs, keyless entry, Is all just more money for them and more shit waiting ta break.
I miss wing vents too.
Only way Iā€™d want to eliminate car keys is if I could talk to my car, ā€˜start Shadeā€™ or, ā€˜Fire up the rear mini gun and shoot that tailgater in the faceā€™
You know shit like that.
Remember KIT the talking car ?
Night rider.
intelligent conversation and all is what Iā€™d want.
Not All these useless as hen shit on a pump handle bells and whistles we get now days.
There ! Complainers, the Master has spoken.
End of line.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
I realize Iā€™m a bells & whistles guy to begin with, but hereā€™s an option I truly want!!
Now, I have the exact opposite problem. I want all these people driving slow in the fast lane, to move into the slow lane. One gun for the front please! Maybe better to be a phaser or something that eliminates the obstacle by vaporizing it rather than making a mess on the highway.

thanks!

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The other part I have a hard time getting used to is if you unlock the car with the keypad and donā€™t have the fob, touching the door handle wonā€™t re lock it, you have to push 9-0 together just as you used to have to on an old keyed car.
In some regards, our owner's manual is a criminal disservice to the owner. The section on the Ford Keypad is woefully thin. I learned about 7-8, 9-0 to lock from another Ford owner even though it's in there as a one-liner. By the way, you need to hit both, not just 9-0 for that to work.

You can also key in your code and 3-4 to open all doors instead of just the driver door. So key XXXXX 3-4 and all 4 doors unlock.

You can do the same for the trunk (liftgate) with 5-6. Key in XXXXX 5-6 and the liftgate pops.

Anyone know more Ford Keypad tricks?

The thing I really don't get is the A-B scheme. Let's face it, there are 5 buttons, not 10, right? Code 13579 is the same exact code as 23680. It just feels, less secure with less unique codes. It's significant. There are about 3,000 unique codes instead of 3,000,000. That's right. There's about a .3% chance your code will open any other give Ford.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
In some regards, our owner's manual is a criminal disservice to the owner. The section on the Ford Keypad is woefully thin. I learned about 7-8, 9-0 to lock from another Ford owner even though it's in there as a one-liner. By the way, you need to hit both, not just 9-0 for that to work.

You can also key in your code and 3-4 to open all doors instead of just the driver door. So key XXXXX 3-4 and all 4 doors unlock.

You can do the same for the trunk (liftgate) with 5-6. Key in XXXXX 5-6 and the liftgate pops.

Anyone know more Ford Keypad tricks?

The thing I really don't get is the A-B scheme. Let's face it, there are 5 buttons, not 10, right? Code 13579 is the same exact code as 23680. It just feels, less secure with less unique codes. It's significant. There are about 3,000 unique codes instead of 3,000,000. That's right. There's about a .3% chance your code will open any other give Ford.
Thanks for the tips & clarification. Yes, itā€™s 7-8 & 9-0 to lock. I knew that all the time on my old F150, maybe the sales guy then showed me. I didnā€™t know about the other buttons though (4-5 & 5-6). & yes, youā€™re right, thereā€™s far fewer combinations than it might first appear.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-01-17/your-car-keys-are-not-unique-heres-why/10723006
Not sure how accurate this might be to modern cars or N.American standards, but it seems to indicate older cars had a 1 in 1,000 chance minimum of having the same key. So thereā€™s a possibility that at the time securicode was designed, it had more possible combinations than the physical keys used to unlock & start the car.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I had that problem until I lost weight, put myself back in Fighting order. I can now easily reach into my pockets while sitting in a car.
But I still get my keys out before I sit down in my vehicles.
I am still the ā€œKey Masterā€
Give me a car key I can duplicate for $2.00
Fobs, keyless entry, Is all just more money for them and more shit waiting ta break.
I miss wing vents too.
Only way Iā€™d want to eliminate car keys is if I could talk to my car, ā€˜start Shadeā€™ or, ā€˜Fire up the rear mini gun and shoot that tailgater in the faceā€™
You know shit like that.
Remember KIT the talking car ?
Night rider.
intelligent conversation and all is what Iā€™d want.
Not All these useless as hen shit on a pump handle bells and whistles we get now days.
There ! Complainers, the Master has spoken.
End of line.
With "SIRI" "ALEXA" "HEY GOOGLE" TECH and smart home doohickeys...ehhh don't think it's impossible soldier. Much like electronic throttle response, back up alarms, to autonomy...an electric signal is an electric signal...it's a very small step from a jeep to a stop start, faster or slower. If the toggle on the steering wheel can increase your speed one mph at a time...and you can tell *Alexa to turn the volume up...it's not far off.

Legacy40k

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Velocity Blue Bronco Sport
1st, just give me a key. You've got to carry the large fob anyway. The keyless feature in all cars is just a gimmick.
2nd, it turning off at traffic lights just wears out the starter.
And I don't think the entry panel key be oard works if you don't have the fob. So, what's the purpose?
not having to carry the large fob was one of the biggest selling features for me...

I can open the doors with my phone, or more often with the keypad. No, you don't need the fob for either.

delm

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS Badlands; '23 BS Badlands; BMW X3, X7
I'm going to assume the OP here was a joke.

Where is my cassette player?? That's what I want to know! And hand cranks for the windows. Hate the stupid little buttons on the door.

Area51BS

Outer Banks
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
My dislikes are a horrible navigation system. Door panel rattles at switch panel, both sides at highway speeds. And touch panel rattles. Prefer my Maverick. And it doesnā€™t have navigation so thatā€™s a plus.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I'm cooling considerably on the quality of the speakers. I mostly listen to podcasts, but when I want music it's just not great.

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I'm cooling considerably on the quality of the speakers. I mostly listen to podcasts, but when I want music it's just not great.
I mostly listen to talk as well, so didnā€™t play around too much with the settings & was disappointed at first when trying music as well. Despite everyone complaining about the B&O system it has enough power to rattle every piece of cheap plastic. But my sales guy in playing with settings had cranked bass to the max. Dialing it back a bit cleaned things up considerably. Iā€™m happy enough with it, but I can see where some might not be. Like many things with this car now, Iā€™m finding I need to take more time than I thought to get used to things & play with settings & such.

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I mostly listen to talk as well, so didnā€™t play around too much with the settings & was disappointed at first when trying music as well. Despite everyone complaining about the B&O system it has enough power to rattle every piece of cheap plastic. But my sales guy in playing with settings had cranked bass to the max. Dialing it back a bit cleaned things up considerably. Iā€™m happy enough with it, but I can see where some might not be. Like many things with this car now, Iā€™m finding I need to take more time than I thought to get used to things & play with settings & such.
I have the standard system, and I can't eq a good sound out of it. I can get reasonable bordering on acceptable, but certainly not good. I'm tempted to just drive into Best Buy and tell them to replace the speakers and just deal with the war department (the wife) later.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the standard system, and I can't eq a good sound out of it. I can get reasonable bordering on acceptable, but certainly not good. I'm tempted to just drive into Best Buy and tell them to replace the speakers and just deal with the war department (the wife) later.
From checking the threads here it seems people have gotten significant upgrades on the standard system by changing out speakers. Honestly not a bad plan at all! Haha well you donā€™t have to ask forgiveness if she doesnā€™t find out right? šŸ˜†

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
From checking the threads here it seems people have gotten significant upgrades on the standard system by changing out speakers. Honestly not a bad plan at all! Haha well you donā€™t have to ask forgiveness if she doesnā€™t find out right? šŸ˜†
Love starting conversations with, "I'm a grown ass man..."
Sponsored