Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
The root problem here is why are power brakes failing on a new car with 12k miles?
Single component failures are not unexpected. There is no such thing as a perfection production line; a certain percentage of parts will be defective even when new. Which is why almost all manufacturers offer a warranty.
Sponsored

OP
OP

atlsrt44

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 ford
Single component failures are not unexpected. There is no such thing as a perfection production line; a certain percentage of parts will be defective even when new. Which is why almost all manufacturers offer a warranty.
And hopefully that is what this is. I know someone posted on the full size bronco with the same situation and same circumstances

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
And hopefully that is what this is. I know someone posted on the full size bronco with the same situation and same circumstances
The recall issued last year for the Bronco Sport (and other Ford models such as the Escape) which required replacement of the front brake pads resulted from the inability of affected vehicles to meet NHTSA standards for stopping distance with a brake booster failure. There is a chance that ANY component on your car can fail. Although extremely improbably, there is even a chance the brake booster they use to replace the bad one in your car will fail.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Full size broncos with 2.3 engines and rangers have some common defect where they loose brakes. But its not common with the sports.

biglarrr

Outer Banks
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I think I could find mine pretty quickly.
Finding it and reacting instinctively to pushing a little button at the rear of the center console are two vastly different things. I never had to use my emergency brake for an emergency, but having the lever right there not hidden on inconveniently located behind everything in the console and only two inches across, would probably take ten times as long as grabbing the lever.
And further - I could feel and control the amount of brake pressure with the lever. I have no idea what pushing a button would do if I had to use it.

Flash

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
I suspect it's got two settings, on and off and nothing in between. But if you really, really need to stop full on emergency brake is a good thing.
Sponsored