Looking for a great AT tire for my BL....

W13NY

Big Bend
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport, 2019 RAM 1500
Anyone know where to buy BFG KO2's in 235/65/17? I can't find that tire size in stock on any sites I look at
Sponsored

Reklussloth

Base
First Name
Colton
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 bronco sport
Anyone know where to buy BFG KO2's in 235/65/17? I can't find that tire size in stock on any sites I look at
I dont know that they make ko2 in that size - think it goes from 225 to 24t
I dont believe they make them in that size... could be wrong but i think it jumps 225 to 245

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
K02’s AT on 245/65 are not bad if you don’t mind a little road noise.
Ford Bronco Sport Looking for a great AT tire for my BL.... 2DBF0ACF-94B6-4E38-8675-92FCF9DDEE84
Ford Bronco Sport Looking for a great AT tire for my BL.... 45D07015-3E08-49FB-9261-CD49F9BD6D76
Thinking about this tire to replace the 235 Wildpeak AT3s with a little more aggressive tread. Like how much is "a little road noise?" Don't want to buy these and regret it. The Wildpeaks are really quiet, but don't think they will get enough grip in mud.

Some advice for those ordering BLs. Just order the stock 225 tires and upgrade when you get the unit to 245's if you spend significant time off road.

Chevyguy

Base
First Name
Roland
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Thinking about this tire to replace the 235 Wildpeak AT3s with a little more aggressive tread. Like how much is "a little road noise?" Don't want to buy these and regret it. The Wildpeaks are really quiet, but don't think they will get enough grip in mud.

Some advice for those ordering BLs. Just order the stock 225 tires and upgrade when you get the unit to 245's if you spend significant time off road.
So you will hear an audible hum coming from the tires. I don’t know if you have ever driven with mud tires on the highway it’s really noisy. The ko2 are not as bad but you can hear a slight noise. If you want quiet then do not get the KO2s.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So you will hear an audible hum coming from the tires. I don’t know if you have ever driven with mud tires on the highway it’s really noisy. The ko2 are not as bad but you can hear a slight noise. If you want quiet then do not get the KO2s.
Thanks for the feedback!

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i second this.
but, radio drowns the sound out.
plus they are such a good lookin tire. totally changes the appearance.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I'm planning to get the General Grabber ATX on 4wheelonline. Its tread pattern is similar to the KO2.
I put the General Grabber UHP on my OB. Very happy with them. Good in soft loose dirt & sand. Waiting for winter. I went with 255 55 18. Close fit but no rubbing problems.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
i second this.
but, radio drowns the sound out.
plus they are such a good lookin tire. totally changes the appearance.
Well, I'm half deaf. So the extra noise will be diminished by half. Think I'll get some KO2s when I get home. I've been thinking about some hearing aids, but now I'll have postpone that so I won't hear the hum full volume. :)

Last edited:

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
We have KO2s on our FJ Cruiser. Noise is not bad at all and we have done some major highway trips without even noticing the tire noise.

AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
Well, I'm half deaf. So the extra noise will be diminished by half. Think I'll get some KO2s when I get home. I've been thinking about some hearing aids, but now I'll have postpone that so I won't hear the hum full volume. :)
haha tbh it isnt terrible, but its there.
we were beside a bone stock bronco sport, and with the BFG tires, it looked like a whole different beast. tires make a huge difference.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
Seems like some people are unsure if the 245 fit without any rub at full lock on the lower models (mines a Big Bend)
245 fit fine on my Big Bend, no lift. I have not been off road yet though, curious if they’ll rub during articulation.