Looking for a great AT tire for my BL....

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I just had 235/65/R17 Falcon Wildpeak AT3/W put on mine. Rides really nice and almost an inch taller then stock 225s. Lift kit goes in next week. ?
Ford Bronco Sport Looking for a great AT tire for my BL.... falvl0.ang.xl
I took those off my BL and replaced with 245 KO2s for a more aggressive tread. Had the AT3's and they are great tires, quiet and good on rock. Never got them in any serious mud. I supect you will like them.
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I guess it boils down to how much true heavy duty off-roading you are going to do. If you are going to treat your BL as a way serioous off-roader you need to look at something aggressive and intended just for off-road like the Toyo open country M/T or something along that line.

If you are going to only occasionally hit so trails (that are not so difficult that you would want 16”wheels with a lot of tire to take the beating and flexing over the worst rocks, etc), and want a tire that does the job there but is a decent highway and daily driver then look for a different A/T. I found the K02s to be a good midland. K02s would have to be a 245. They do not come in 235.

Bottom line, dont just look for an aggressive A/T, look for a tire that meets exactly what you are going to do with your BL.

The old adage is dont add crap to your vehicle that does not have a use.

I plan on running my OEM Falken 235 AT3s until they need replacing or I find they dont fit my need. Then replace them with what is my need.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Farmerdawn71

Badlands
First Name
Dawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Anyone have any experience with Pirelli Scorpion ATs?

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Anyone have any experience with Pirelli Scorpion ATs?
That’s what mine came with stock. They were on my Edge Sport last winter and weren’t a good snow tire. I upgraded to the Toyos for that reason. I saw no reason to have the BSport and have a tire that was sub par in snow as We get some in Ohio.

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
Looking good!
I have them on my sport as well, although I went with 225/65R17 to keep things close to stock. Anyone that thinks they're going to do serious off-roading in a sport is smoking something - you'll be on bypass routes around large obstacles just due to ground clearance and suspension alone.

These vehicles are meant to get you to the adventure, not be the adventure. If you're looking at anything more than light mud, small amounts of rock, and gravel/dirt trails, you're going to be disappointed in the vehicle, not the tires.

RSH

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Great as in looking or in performance.
Pick something with decent ride and wear characteristics that fits your budget.
Falken or Toyo seem to be the best bang for the dollar

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
I have them on my sport as well, although I went with 225/65R17 to keep things close to stock. Anyone that thinks they're going to do serious off-roading in a sport is smoking something - you'll be on bypass routes around large obstacles just due to ground clearance and suspension alone.

These vehicles are meant to get you to the adventure, not be the adventure. If you're looking at anything more than light mud, small amounts of rock, and gravel/dirt trails, you're going to be disappointed in the vehicle, not the tires.
Thus why some of us ordered Badlands rather than a Big Bend.

Badlands models get unique suspension tuning with about an inch more ground clearance than lesser trims. To cope with the additional weight of the four-cylinder, taller and slightly stiffer springs are fitted, as are front dampers with hydraulic rebound stops for soaking up harsh, full-jounce impacts ….add in the bash plates, 4x4, twin clutch electronic rear diff lock and rock crawl mode….

Watch this whole video including the very end…Enough said…

Last edited:

Justin

Big Bend
First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Big Bend + BB
Thus why some of us ordered Badlands rather than a Big Bend.

Badlands models get unique suspension tuning with about an inch more ground clearance than lesser trims. To cope with the additional weight of the four-cylinder, taller and slightly stiffer springs are fitted, as are front dampers with hydraulic rebound stops for soaking up harsh, full-jounce impacts ….add in the bash plates, 4x4, twin clutch electronic rear diff lock and rock crawl mode….

Watch this whole video including the very end…Enough said…

Dry rock isn't my idea of crazy off-roading, but if that's all you're going for, all the power to you. I'd bring a RAV4 through all of that. I'm just saying the BS won't be making it down harsh Jeep or truck trails.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Dry rock isn't my idea of crazy off-roading, but if that's all you're going for, all the power to you. I'd bring a RAV4 through all of that. I'm just saying the BS won't be making it down harsh Jeep or truck trails.
Have you done Moab?

saying that it is only good for “light mud, small amounts of rock, and gravel/dirt trails” is not true, at least for the badlands. Most off-roading is a combination of car, tires AND driver. I have seen the best jeeps fail. That said I am not saying it is a. Gladiator, or a FJ Cruise (which I have)…I have also had a wrangler…. but I do respect that the BS does more than just get you to the adventure.

Last edited:

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Have you done Moab? Calling it dry rock is a disservice if you have done the whole route.

The BS is not just a dirt trail vehicle as you described. It does do offroad. That said, I have an FJ Cruiser, owned a Jeep Wrangler, etc and if you want something that will do crazy a offroad you get the Bronco Irvine of those, but I would not drive that as a daily driver or for any distance.

However saying that it is only good for “light mud, small amounts of rock, and gravel/dirt trails” is not true, at least for the badlands.

Thank you.
There’s plenty of videos on the forum and YouTube of people doing plenty off road with the BSport.

dejones64

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lancer, BS BB
How do you like these tires? I am looking at these due to they are readily available.
I like them a lot, I like the look. It was these or the BFG KO2's. I did some searching for the largest tire I could put on without rubbing. Lot of people had the Wildpeak AT3W so that's what I went with. Little bit of road noise but does not bother me. The real test will be in the snow, which I'm actually looking forward to just to test out the tires. I would still get aggressive looking tires if I lived in the south, just because of the looks.

I had the dealer install them before I even picked up my BS. So I can't really do a before and after comparison. I want to say mileage is affected as I've only been able to get about 28mpg while I've read others can get 31mpg. Guess I didn't buy this for the mpg.
Sponsored