Locking my BS with the keypad does not lock the tailgate.

Russell

Outer Banks
First Name
Russell
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport 2023
Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestions but so far no luck. I did find an older thread on the subject discussing that it was a known issue. The only solution being to use the older key fob with the liftgate function and push it twice.
Interesting. Ford has a known issue but instead of fixing it they discontinue use of the only Fob capable of solving the problem. Brilliant.
One of the other members suggested asking the dealer if they have one of the older fobs I could borrow or pay $127 on ebay for one.
Anyway thanks to everyone who gave up their time trying to help.
Russ
Sponsored

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestions but so far no luck.

Interesting. Ford has a known issue but instead of fixing it they discontinue use of the only Fob capable of solving the problem. Brilliant.
Perhaps report that issue to Ford by calling +1 (833) 389-0848

Ford (via a dealership possibly) might provide you with 2 free keyfobs having all the functions you need.
@Ford Motor Company

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Thanks for your help. I tried your suggestions but so far no luck. I did find an older thread on the subject discussing that it was a known issue. The only solution being to use the older key fob with the liftgate function and push it twice. Interesting. Ford has a known issue but instead of fixing it they discontinue use of the only Fob capable of solving the problem. Brilliant.
Yeah, that is frustrating. My only other suggestion would be to disconnect the battery for 15 minutes or so. It sounds like a setting in the computer somehow got changed and you don't have the right equipment to reset it. Disconnecting the battery should reset all the systems in the car--including the intelligent access system--back to their factory settings.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Good Morning.
I have heard of the fix where you push the liftgate button on the remote twice, but my remote does not have a liftgate button at all. I have a 23 Outer Banks. Does anyone know if Ford removed the liftgate button from the 23's? I too am frustrated with the liftgate not working properly.
Thank you.
Hi Russell! I can look into your Bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?

OrangeJoe42

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Mazda Miata
I have the same problem you do. However, mine is intermittent. Sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. It can take multiple presses. So I stand there like a fool pressing the button 3, 4, 5 times until it either works or I get annoyed enough to dig out my fob and hit unlock.

The only solution being to use the older key fob with the liftgate function and push it twice.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have the same problem you do. However, mine is intermittent. Sometimes it opens and sometimes it doesn't. It can take multiple presses. So I stand there like a fool pressing the button 3, 4, 5 times until it either works or I get annoyed enough to dig out my fob and hit unlock.
@OrangeJoe42 I think we pretty much all have the same intermittent issue that you experienced which has a solution given by Ford in SSM 50452 pasted in below. Assuming of course you have the correct key fob that has the liftgate button.

SSM 50452 2021-2022 (and probably 2023) Bronco Sport Liftgate Passive Entry Is Inoperative

Some 2021-2022 Bronco Sport vehicles equipped with passive entry system may experience a condition where the liftgate passive entry feature is inoperative. This may occur if the user inadvertently presses the liftgate button on the passive key fob once and then presses the exterior liftgate release switch, causing the liftgate passive entry feature to become inoperative. To correct this condition, press the liftgate button twice on the passive key fob to restore the liftgate passive entry feature functionality.

OrangeJoe42

Badlands
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport, Mazda Miata
@OrangeJoe42 I think we pretty much all have the same intermittent issue that you experienced which has a solution given by Ford in SSM 50452 pasted in below. Assuming of course you have the correct key fob that has the liftgate button.

SSM 50452 2021-2022 (and probably 2023) Bronco Sport Liftgate Passive Entry Is Inoperative

Some 2021-2022 Bronco Sport vehicles equipped with passive entry system may experience a condition where the liftgate passive entry feature is inoperative. This may occur if the user inadvertently presses the liftgate button on the passive key fob once and then presses the exterior liftgate release switch, causing the liftgate passive entry feature to become inoperative. To correct this condition, press the liftgate button twice on the passive key fob to restore the liftgate passive entry feature functionality.
I have a 2023 Badlands, which does not have a liftgate button on the fob, so it can neither be the source of nor a solution to the problem. In my case, whether the button on the liftgate works on the first press, the 6th press, somewhere in between, or not at all changes every time. Whether my case is unique or just a form of the same problem others are having, I can't say.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Hi Russell! I can look into your Bronco's concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Good on you Ford Motor Company, I hope if i need any help with my BS when I receive it i get the same 100% customer Service, this is what is all about, people just wanting to get good service when they spend thier hard working income.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I have a 2023 Badlands, which does not have a liftgate button on the fob, so it can neither be the source of nor a solution to the problem. In my case, whether the button on the liftgate works on the first press, the 6th press, somewhere in between, or not at all changes every time. Whether my case is unique or just a form of the same problem others are having, I can't say.
I get it now. It is interesting then that sometimes with no known pattern the issue with the liftgate corrects itself.

Perhaps report that issue to Ford by calling +1 (833) 389-0848

Ford (via a dealership possibly) might provide you with 2 free keyfobs having all the functions you need.
@Ford Motor Company

67L48

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350, 2023 BS BL
Wow, what a master class in thread hijacking. OP was asking about a problem with active locking of the tailgate using the securicode keypad. About half-way on page 1, this got hijacked into a thread about passive unlocking of the tailgate and potential fob issues ... pretty much the complete opposite of the thread's OP in every way.

I was more interested in the OP's questions about interactions between securicode and tailgate.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Some have reported a similar problem with the liftgate. By similar, I mean they reported the liftgate doesn't UNLOCK via intelligent access. In other words, when the vehicle is locked they cannot open the liftgate with the fob in their pocket. The fix for THAT problem is to lock and unlock the vehicle using the fob a few times. My guess is the computer gets choked up on a bit of code, and the lock/unlock thing is like a Heimlich maneuver.

So, try locking and unlocking the car using the fob a few times, then see if that clears your problem.
Even better, and apparently the latest on that -- just push the tailgate button on the fob 2x to restore the intelligent access at the tailgate to normal operation (allows tailgate access to a fully locked vehicle so long as you have the fob on you).

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wow, what a master class in thread hijacking. OP was asking about a problem with active locking of the tailgate using the securicode keypad. About half-way on page 1, this got hijacked into a thread about passive unlocking of the tailgate and potential fob issues ... pretty much the complete opposite of the thread's OP in every way.

I was more interested in the OP's questions about interactions between securicode and tailgate.
The OPs issue was never fully clarified then OP stated it all started working as expected.

however @67L48 do you have further info or any issues regarding interactions between securicode and tailgate?

OP
OP
mikeyncc

mikeyncc

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Check it every evening before I am in for the night.
Still working....
Sponsored