Let's talk Ford Extended Warranty Plans and experiences.

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
I'm planning to buy a Ford extended warranty in the next couple of months. I know there are a few threads out there about this and I don't want to take away from them, but I want this to be pertaining to my needs.

I also want to hear about others experiences using Ford's plans, especially the additional plans like Maintenance, Tire, Dent, and Windshield plans.

So for me, I plan to keep it about 6-7 years. I normally keep cars longer but for sure by year 8, I'll be ready to drop it and move on if I need to. My last two I kept until the end and was only able to get about $1,000 for them. I don't know if that was the best financial decision.

So I'm looking at 8 year, 100k miles. I normally do 12k/year but I have a feeling I'll get transferred or maybe a promotion and that'll start adding miles.

Now, would I be better off getting the Premiumcare or save $500 for the Extricate?

As for the others...

I'm tempted to get the Maintenance plan. I'd do my work at the dealership (I can do it myself but sometimes I just don't want to deal with it) and I believe I'll save money in the long run. I do need to check if there is a 100k mile service or something like that. I remember on my Honda, spark plugs needed to be changed at 105k miles.

I'm not too keen on the Windshield coverage since it's not replacing a cracked windshield. I can get dings filled pretty cheap locally.

I'm not sure how I feel about the dent. I guess it will feel good I to keep it dent free, at least for resale value.

For TireCare, it depends how much it is and if it will cover larger sized tires. I usually get the certificates from Discount Tire. That won't cover wheel damage, though, or give me rental or towing.

I wish Granger would list the Off-Road coverage. Maybe they can give me a quote on that when I email them. I don't plan to do much off roading but last time I was at the beach, I came across pallets and bottles sort of buried in the sand. A tree branch could also cause a dent or windshield ding. Depending on the price and coverage, that may be worth it.
Sponsored

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
I would recommend purchasing a contract that exactly matches your driving habits. If you know you are going to get rid of it at year 7, then buy 7 years of coverage rather than 10.

As far as the off-road coverage, we're working on getting that on our website, but for now emailing [email protected] and asking about Ford's triplecare is the easiest way to get a quote.

Thanks for thinking of us!

Sd8603

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2006 F150 XLT Triton
I purchased the tire/dent/windshield plan. On my last car I had a tire go out on the highway thankfully I had the warranty on the tire as it was new with less than 500 miles on it. Also, a lot of highway miles so I constantly get window chips from lovely semi trucks in the lane next to me.

Also, if you are a veteran, I saw this over the Thanksgiving holiday and followed up with my dealer to make sure it was applied.

Ford Bronco Sport Let's talk Ford Extended Warranty Plans and experiences. IMG_4883

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Ok, so on the Maintenance Plan...

I got a quote from Granger for 8 years, 100k miles for $1665. I believe this is custom to my BS and mileage on this date, so don't base that.

@Granger Ford if you don't want me to post this, let me know and I can take it down.

This includes 13 service visits. For oil changes at $90 for the works, that's $1,170.

The Maintenance Plan also covers brake pads and linings (~$400 dealer installed), air filter X3 ($150 total). It also covered spark plugs and transmission fluid but plugs are at 100k miles (right when it ends) and transmission fluid is at 150k.

Does anyone know if I can ask them to change these items at 99,500 miles?

So if I can do the 13 oil changes, get a set of brake pads, and the 3 air filters, I'll come out ahead. This is not including future price increases, wiper blades, and if my shocks and accessory belt goes out. It also mention clutch, I'm not sure if the BS has one and if that one's covered.

Granger Ford

Badlands
Gold Sponsor
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.grangerford.com
Vehicle(s)
Ok, so on the Maintenance Plan...

I got a quote from Granger for 8 years, 100k miles for $1665. I believe this is custom to my BS and mileage on this date, so don't base that.

@Granger Ford if you don't want me to post this, let me know and I can take it down.

This includes 13 service visits. For oil changes at $90 for the works, that's $1,170.

The Maintenance Plan also covers brake pads and linings (~$400 dealer installed), air filter X3 ($150 total). It also covered spark plugs and transmission fluid but plugs are at 100k miles (right when it ends) and transmission fluid is at 150k.

Does anyone know if I can ask them to change these items at 99,500 miles?

So if I can do the 13 oil changes, get a set of brake pads, and the 3 air filters, I'll come out ahead. This is not including future price increases, wiper blades, and if my shocks and accessory belt goes out. It also mention clutch, I'm not sure if the BS has one and if that one's covered.
No problems posting them. The maintenance plan pricing does vary based upon the mileage interval you want to change your oil. But we price those as aggressively as we do the extended warranty plans. Just don't have them up on the website yet.

OP
OP
davidg4781

davidg4781

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Yup! And it seems to be easy.

Is there any benefit to buying everything at once (the PremiumCare, TireCare, and Maintenance) instead of getting them separately?
Sponsored