OVERLAND EXPO WEST- Let's Talk Crap

Would you use this out on the trail or just wait until the run is done?

• Maybe, but I can always dig a hole & I can do crunches. No worries!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
I could not believe the number of portable toilets at the EXPO. From your classic "Porta-Potty" style to a backpack toilet.
One you could actually wear over your head and crap anywhere in relative "privacy".
However, as mentioned in my highlights (https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/overland-expo-west-highlights-friday-5-19.8805/)
my goal was to find things to be useful for the Bronco Sport as an overlander.
Recently I have been travelling out of state with family and solo. CARGO SPACE has been almost challenging.
So what was "Best in Show" for me personally.....THE THUNDERBOX.
It actually started thundering when Sasquatch showed up to "show off the Thunderbox" on Friday.
This product is a Australian Outback Toilet. www.thunderboxusa.com

It is a metal square can with a square seat- no bottom -just insert a biodegradable poop bag.
It really is made to sit on the dirt and be level. Once you are all done - remove the bag and burry it.
Collapse and fold it up into the burlap sack. At that point you can store it anywhere in the Bronco Sport or in a sealed box with other hygiene supplies.
You ask what is the weight limit? So did I. They reportedly stacked 500lbs of bricks on it with no compromise and stooped testing there.
Again, I liked the compact size, simple concept and ease of storage. Does NOT include pop-up tents, poop bags, toilet paper or shovel.
Sponsored

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
This might be the one you're referring to with the 'wearable tent', but it's great. Same design and the Thunderbox, but lighter.

Here's the full kit: InstaPrivy
Just the toilet: InstaPrivy Chair

Ford Bronco Sport OVERLAND EXPO WEST- Let's Talk Crap inpipchair21

Ford Bronco Sport OVERLAND EXPO WEST- Let's Talk Crap inpipkit21

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
Seems like a lot of money for what it is. I'm almost 70, and I can still use a stump in the woods. Burying plastic seems like a long term problem. I like the ones that can be thrown in the trash, but I don't really like carrying that crap in my car. I used to hike the Grand Canyon, where they tell you to carry out your toilet paper. I don't think many people did, or do. I know I never did. I made sure I was 1/4 mile from the river and buried it under a rock. It will take 20 years to degrade, but no one will ever know.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Seems like a lot of money for what it is. I'm almost 70, and I can still use a stump in the woods. Burying plastic seems like a long term problem. I like the ones that can be thrown in the trash, but I don't really like carrying that crap in my car. I used to hike the Grand Canyon, where they tell you to carry out your toilet paper. I don't think many people did, or do. I know I never did. I made sure I was 1/4 mile from the river and buried it under a rock. It will take 20 years to degrade, but no one will ever know.
And here I thought it was sasquatch poop.

Chook

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Still cheaper than the $175.00 for the overpriced Thunderbox. But I agree, don't like burying plastic nor would I. I cary any trash like this externally, not inside the vehicle.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I keep mine, and fling it upward to get the tailgaters or any other crazy driver. Some of these drivers look up for the big bird that they thing flew over.
Sponsored