ths0002

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Had this wild hare of an idea last night.

So, I am not the biggest fan of the huge car name badges on what feels like every car for the last 5 years or so (and appears to be continuing on with no end in sight). To me, you should be able to look at a car and say "well, there's a fine looking [car] right there!"

Having a Bronco Sport kind of puts a hitch in that. I have looked quite a bit about emblem deletion, and truly don't mind the blue oval, but the BRONCO SPORT on the back kind of bugs me. There are videos of people removing the names of cars from the hood, but are the emblems on the back adhesive? If so, is it easy to remove them without messing with the paint underneath?

My wild idea is to get an adhesive version of the 1970's EB Bronco Sport fender emblem to go opposite the blue oval if/when I get the big lettering gone.
Sponsored

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I’d be so afraid I’d screw that up if i tried it. I did see someone on here that just added a shiny plastic or metal bronco horse opposite the ford badge on the other side and it looked awesome.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
It isn't difficult, and as many have said, heat gun to soften the adhesive and fishing line to work through the bond....clean up the paint. I've considered it several times so I can paint them color matched or as stated by the original thoughts, replace with an old school scripted bronco sport logo. Just haven't pulled the trigger.

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Yup and the side badges too
See I like the side badges where they are. Many have moved or taken them off. Not sure I’ll touch those. I quite like them. The badge being black and yellow though, I’m considering changing the letters on the front and back either black or yellow. I don’t like as much that there’s a third color. If i added anything it would be a badass bronco horse on the back in the right corner.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
The badges are all stuck onto a clean panel, except the oval which is recessed and held on. I've seen a lot of people modify the oval. I saw a really nice chrome/white version on a red BS. I'm 100% with @ZeroCool the back needs a horse and also needs something to balance the oval. This is what I did so far:
Ford Bronco Sport Let's Talk Rear Hatch Badges IMG_20210615_130738000

ZeroCool

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
The badges are all stuck onto a clean panel, except the oval which is recessed and held on. I've seen a lot of people modify the oval. I saw a really nice chrome/white version on a red BS. I'm 100% with @ZeroCool the back needs a horse and also needs something to balance the oval. This is what I did so far:
I like that man, I thought about moving the passenger badge to the back is that what you did? I would definitely make my letters black if i did. I’m leaning towards black letters anyway, but theres a little voice saying…….yellow……….yellow…….

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
I like that man, I thought about moving the passenger badge to the back is that what you did? I would definitely make my letters black if i did. I’m leaning towards black letters anyway, but theres a little voice saying…….yellow……….yellow…….
So, I went around on the badge a lot. I even got a part number and a quote from the dealer- $48 for a spare badge. I told them I'd think on it. Then my wife cranked out that replica emblem on her vinyl cutter out of scrap material! I've also seen some vinyl places offering similar black-only badges. The real one is reflective but you can't tell this is a fake unless you get really into the details. She also made the horse for up top and matching on the hood.

The oval was done by my window tint guy. They put a sheet of the stuff they use to smoke taillights over it. I like it better than the odd blue splash but I may go even further and get a black/chrome logo from somewhere.

I want to make the letters dark. My #1 choice is to use 3M auto vinyl Anthracite to get them looking like the wheels and grill. That kind of pebbly grey semi-gloss. But we can't seem to get the letters cut right size and the places selling them won't use the vinyl I want, so it's a stalled project for right now. If anyone can link me to the art for those letters, I would hugely appreciate it. I got the media kit from the Ford site and the letters there just don't scale or fit right.?

OP
OP
ths0002

ths0002

Big Bend
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I love the BL there!

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
So, I went around on the badge a lot. I even got a part number and a quote from the dealer- $48 for a spare badge. I told them I'd think on it. Then my wife cranked out that replica emblem on her vinyl cutter out of scrap material! I've also seen some vinyl places offering similar black-only badges. The real one is reflective but you can't tell this is a fake unless you get really into the details. She also made the horse for up top and matching on the hood.

The oval was done by my window tint guy. They put a sheet of the stuff they use to smoke taillights over it. I like it better than the odd blue splash but I may go even further and get a black/chrome logo from somewhere.

I want to make the letters dark. My #1 choice is to use 3M auto vinyl Anthracite to get them looking like the wheels and grill. That kind of pebbly grey semi-gloss. But we can't seem to get the letters cut right size and the places selling them won't use the vinyl I want, so it's a stalled project for right now. If anyone can link me to the art for those letters, I would hugely appreciate it. I got the media kit from the Ford site and the letters there just don't scale or fit right.?
I am actually working on the art...once I have it I will send it to you.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
Thought about just leaving the SPORT but nah, it's going too.
Leaning toward color matching the front BRONCO to the grill color.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
The side badges peel right off. I had to relocate them higher up when I put the side moldings on that overlapped the badge....... Very poor design intuitiveness.
ironically as they created the crease lines and developed the side trim...yeah you have a good point. But I guess they assume most are going to leave it stock as is.

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Ah, I'm sad I'm late to this party. I've had the same ideas from the beginning and completed it over last weekend. Any questions feel free. It's really easy. And I used Hyperdip for the letters and emblem and a carbon fiber inlay for the Ford badge. Sport delete takes about 15-30 mins depending on your experience level.

Ford Bronco Sport Let's Talk Rear Hatch Badges IMG_20210618_090207

Ford Bronco Sport Let's Talk Rear Hatch Badges 20210531_195408
Sponsored

Last edited: