NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
I am hoping for some research from fellow forum users so we can eventually find the "perfect bulbs" for the turn signals.

The Lasfit 921A bulbs I had 50/50 success with. The first pair hyperflashed, the second pair didn't for the first few weeks and then started intermittently.

I switched to the Putco Lumacore 921A bulbs and immediately got intermittent hyperflash. Working with the seller to get replacements to see if I just got a bad pair.

Finding a bulb that has true CANbus compatibility will be a fun chore - or waiting until ForScan coding can eliminate it completely.
Sponsored

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Is there some trick to getting the tail light assemblies out? I struggled mightily the first time. Now that I have the Forscan stuff figured out I’m trying to replace them again and this time I just cannot get either to come out. I feel like I’m going to break something while trying to remove them.
Since you figured out forscan please enlighten the rest of us...........

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just traded my 2019 Ranger SC XLT for a new Big Bend, Area 51 in color. I too would like to change out my back up bulbs. I just need to know how to remove the tail light assembly. I myself have used JDM Astar led bulbs many times in the past with great results. I get them through eBay. I'm only going to replace the back up bulbs, factory bulbs are too dull.

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Hey everyone, new to the forum. Just traded my 2019 Ranger SC XLT for a new Big Bend, Area 51 in color. I too would like to change out my back up bulbs. I just need to know how to remove the tail light assembly. I myself have used JDM Astar led bulbs many times in the past with great results. I get them through eBay. I'm only going to replace the back up bulbs, factory bulbs are too dull.
When you look at the tail lights with the trunk open, there’s a black plastic/rubber trim piece around the inner edge of the assembly towards the trunk seal. Wedge your fingers between the tail light and that trim piece and pull straight back, it is attached by two pop clips and that’s it. The tail lights are held in by two 10mm nuts. Take those out and pull straight back on the tail light assembly. The outboard side has two push-pegs into the body. A little wiggle is needed the first time to pop them out… but they’re pretty strong.

brockdog12

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
When you look at the tail lights with the trunk open, there’s a black plastic/rubber trim piece around the inner edge of the assembly towards the trunk seal. Wedge your fingers between the tail light and that trim piece and pull straight back, it is attached by two pop clips and that’s it. The tail lights are held in by two 10mm nuts. Take those out and pull straight back on the tail light assembly. The outboard side has two push-pegs into the body. A little wiggle is needed the first time to pop them out… but they’re pretty strong.
Perfect! Thank you! I know exactly what you're talking about, I did look around those. My Ranger was a model that came with all led's in the tail lights. Thank you much, I'll be changing these out soon.

FirstEditionBS

First Edition
First Name
Scotty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Awesome! Thank you! Do you have a video you could post?
Exactly what I am looking for! On Amazon, it is telling me that these won’t fit my 2021 Bronco Sport. However, it looks like yours are working just fine. Lol! Should I ignore that notice?

Draper

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport BL + BL, 2021 Ranger XLT Sport
Exactly what I am looking for! On Amazon, it is telling me that these won’t fit my 2021 Bronco Sport. However, it looks like yours are working just fine. Lol! Should I ignore that notice?
I bought the exact same one's listed by Rdav01 and they work and look great.

Saber

First Name
saber
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
toyota
Has anyone had any experience with using LED bulbs for their brake lights? if so do you like it better than the stock halogen(incandescent) bulbs? what are the pros/cons? i am thinking of putting in my 99 corolla but wondering if its worth the "upgrade". also any brands you recommend.

Martinjv71

Badlands
First Name
Martin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2024 BadLands
Has anyone had any experience with using LED bulbs for their brake lights? if so do you like it better than the stock halogen(incandescent) bulbs? what are the pros/cons? i am thinking of putting in my 99 corolla but wondering if its worth the "upgrade". also any brands you recommend.
This whole thread is on that. Feel free to read.

Vyper

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Got the Diode Dynamics XPR bulbs for backup and reverse and the Lasfit bulbs for turns. All installed in about 20 minutes and no hyperflash (yet). I'm excited to take her for a drive tonight and see how much light is given off.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Ford has always been a challenge when it comes to canbus. Resistors have always cured the hyper flash/intermittent hyper flash issues. the wiring on the Sport is interesting to say the least.
I had hyper flash on the signals with just changing the (Phillips LED)brake lights to led.
Once I got the Lasfit for the signals and reverse, adding the 50 ohm resistors to the brake and signal circuits. no hyper flash any more and very happy with results overall.

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Ford has always been a challenge when it comes to canbus. Resistors have always cured the hyper flash/intermittent hyper flash issues. the wiring on the Sport is interesting to say the least.
I had hyper flash on the signals with just changing the (Phillips LED)brake lights to led.
Once I got the Lasfit for the signals and reverse, adding the 50 ohm resistors to the brake and signal circuits. no hyper flash any more and very happy with results overall.
I’m about to add resistors to mine. Did you need to add them to multiple lines or a single one? I’m tired of chasing hyper flash and waiting on ForScan coding.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I’m about to add resistors to mine. Did you need to add them to multiple lines or a single one? I’m tired of chasing hyper flash and waiting on ForScan coding.
Forscan never fixed hyper flash for the 2017 escape either but resistors worked, and yes, I had to add a resistor across both the brake and signal wires. they all share a common ground. I tried with 1 resistor and it was an intermittent issue, but with both, problem solved, and plenty of room to mount them in the space.

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Forscan never fixed hyper flash for the 2017 escape either but resistors worked, and yes, I had to add a resistor across both the brake and signal wires. they all share a common ground. I tried with 1 resistor and it was an intermittent issue, but with both, problem solved, and plenty of room to mount them in the space.
Any preference on brand/model? If not I’m going to run to my local parts store and grab the standard Sylvania ones.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Any preference on brand/model? If not I’m going to run to my local parts store and grab the standard Sylvania ones.
for leds? I tried the lasfit a poster pointed out earlier in the thread and was pleasantly surprised and am happy with them. I have used the Sylvania in the past and would work fine, the hard part is finding the turn signal size at a decent luminosity in amber.
resistors are pretty standard...
Sponsored