Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Thanks to @MKohlman the LED lights for the Bronco Sport are:

3157 - Red - Brake Light
7443 - White - Reverse
921 - Amber - Turn

I have used the Philips Ultinon bulbs off Amazon for my Brake and Reverse lights, and per MKohlman's advice the Lasfit 921 LED bulbs for the Turn Signal. I will say now the Philips aren't brighter - but I wasn't looking for comically bright replacements. However once getting the Lasfits in - I might need to replace the Philips bulbs to match!

Hopefully we can run a list of bulbs that fit the housing and also seem to work well for the vehicle. So far my only "downside" is the 921 bulbs seem to blink at the rate they should - but the dash flashes 2x faster in a "hyperflash" manner - even though the bulbs themselves don't. I am assuming this would be a ForScan item - once we can get that going.
Sponsored

Last edited:
OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Update: My Lasfit 921 bulbs are exhibiting "hyperflash" but they're blinking at the normal rate when looking at the turn signals front and rear. They sometimes blink normal, then hyperflash. I am assuming they're bad bulbs and have replacements on the way.

The Philips bulbs I am replacing with Lasfits as well.

Zolutar

Outer Banks
First Name
Trevor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport OB+, 2023 Maverick Lariat Hybrid
Update: My Lasfit 921 bulbs are exhibiting "hyperflash" but they're blinking at the normal rate when looking at the turn signals front and rear. They sometimes blink normal, then hyperflash. I am assuming they're bad bulbs and have replacements on the way.

The Philips bulbs I am replacing with Lasfits as well.
Not unusual even for canbus on fords in my experience. I noticed some odd behavior as I only have updated to led on the brake light and I am getting the intermittent hyper flash on my stock incandescent signals(LED's on order)...
Looking at the wiring I notice there is a common ground shared between the stop and signal, so with the led brake light, the bcm is registering a "bulb out" thus causing the hyper flash.
resistors will resolve this issue and there's plenty of room in there for them

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Luckily the Lasfit bulbs worked this time around - I am guessing typical Chinese quality meant I just got a defective pair.

To add to the fun though, Amazon decided to send me 7444 amber/white switchback bulbs instead of the white bulbs I ordered - so I had to return them since they lit up yellow when I put the vehicle in reverse. Hopefully the replacements come in as the correct ones.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
I’m looking at a BL+BL window sticker and it says LED tail lamps. Are the lights actually partial LED and part incandescen?

Shiskamba

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ford Focus SE Hatch
I’m looking at a BL+BL window sticker and it says LED tail lamps. Are the lights actually partial LED and part incandescen?
The brake light is LED surround, the blinker & reverse lights are incandescent.

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
LOTS of LED replacement options available for the stops, rear turns, and backups -- just search on the p/n's given in the Owner's Manual. Pretty cool IIRC there are NO other replaceable incandescent bulbs in the vehicle. But which LED substitutes are the highest, reliable quality? It should be noted, the replacement needs the correct characteristics to compensate for the incandescent bulb that would normally be in its place in the given circuit.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Thanks to @MKohlman the LED lights for the Bronco Sport are:

3157 - Red - Brake Light
7443 - White - Reverse
921 - Amber - Turn

I have used the Philips Ultinon bulbs off Amazon for my Brake and Reverse lights, and per MKohlman's advice the Lasfit 921 LED bulbs for the Turn Signal. I will say now the Philips aren't brighter - but I wasn't looking for comically bright replacements. However once getting the Lasfits in - I might need to replace the Philips bulbs to match!

Hopefully we can run a list of bulbs that fit the housing and also seem to work well for the vehicle. So far my only "downside" is the 921 bulbs seem to blink at the rate they should - but the dash flashes 2x faster in a "hyperflash" manner - even though the bulbs themselves don't. I am assuming this would be a ForScan item - once we can get that going.
Did you have to get the Canbus adapter or a resistor with the Phillips?

Ive had decent luck with the Lasfit bulbs, used them in two cars with no issues.

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Did you have to get the Canbus adapter or a resistor with the Phillips?

Ive had decent luck with the Lasfit bulbs, used them in two cars with no issues.
I got my Lasfit replacements in and they were perfect. So I chalked that up to a fluke.

The Philips were perfect - except light output was a little lower than I liked. But I will say it was within OEM spec.

Speed Devil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 19 Ram Rebel
Always Diode Dynamics, my go to for mods

Any before/after pics?

OP
OP

NavyBOFH

Big Bend
First Name
Alex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco Sport
Always Diode Dynamics, my go to for mods

Any before/after pics?
None here - but I have a personal grudge against Diode. They allowed a site to become one of their dealers - and then the site shut down. Diode refused to warranty their own product even with a date of purchase and such... they wanted their original invoice which I couldn't get anymore.

So that is my caveat with Diode Dynamics and why I went with Amazon.

Speed Devil

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Badlands, 19 Ram Rebel
None here - but I have a personal grudge against Diode. They allowed a site to become one of their dealers - and then the site shut down. Diode refused to warranty their own product even with a date of purchase and such... they wanted their original invoice which I couldn't get anymore.

So that is my caveat with Diode Dynamics and why I went with Amazon.
Had no idea, sorry to hear about your experience with them

Ill check out what you guys recommended here in a bit

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Tried installing the Philips brake + backup and Lasfit LEDs today. Everything was fine until I had to flip the polarity on the drivers reverse light and then I started getting hyper flash on the instrument cluster even though the outside lights were blinking normally.

Ended up putting the Incadescent bulbs back in. Im going to try changing the settings with Forscsn to disable the hyper flash another day.

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
Is there some trick to getting the tail light assemblies out? I struggled mightily the first time. Now that I have the Forscan stuff figured out I’m trying to replace them again and this time I just cannot get either to come out. I feel like I’m going to break something while trying to remove them.
Sponsored