Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
So I'm supposed to pick up my OBX built on 12/13 tomorrow. I called the dealer and he says he sees nothing about this. I sent him the linked recall and hope he gets back to me today. But I think it's really weird to announce a recall of cars that haven't been sold yet and let them go off hte lot without the fix being made.
It's illegal for a dealership to sell a vehicle to which a recall applies until the recall work is complete. The fines for doing so far outweigh any profit to be made.
Sponsored

jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
It's illegal for a dealership to sell a vehicle to which a recall applies until the recall work is complete. The fines for doing so far outweigh any profit to be made.
Yeah, but they sent me the OASIS report which, contrary to this news, says there is no outstanding work. To quote my dealer: "Reviewing that document that you sent over it says call or contact your nearest Ford dealer so they can review the recall on there [sic] on-line automotive service information system(oasis) database. that is what i sent you was your vehicles Oasis report that we pulled and it states that there are no active Campaigns which mean no recalls are linked with your Vin number"

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yeah, but they sent me the OASIS report which, contrary to this news, says there is no outstanding work. To quote my dealer: "Reviewing that document that you sent over it says call or contact your nearest Ford dealer so they can review the recall on there [sic] on-line automotive service information system(oasis) database. that is what i sent you was your vehicles Oasis report that we pulled and it states that there are no active Campaigns which mean no recalls are linked with your Vin number"
If you read the text of the recall it states that it applies to "select 2023 Ford Bronco Sport models produced between December 8 , 2022, and December 16 , 2022." The operative word there is "select." That means the recall applies only to SOME vehicles built between those dates, not ALL vehicles. If you have a VIN you can check it yourself at the NHTSA's website:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls

jsf

Outer Banks
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 OBX
If you read the text of the recall it states that it applies to "select 2023 Ford Bronco Sport models produced between December 8 , 2022, and December 16 , 2022." The operative word there is "select." That means the recall applies only to SOME vehicles built between those dates, not ALL vehicles. If you have a VIN you can check it yourself at the NHTSA's website:

https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls
I went there, and it wasn't listed but that site also says:
What this VIN search tool will not show
  • There may be a delay with very recently announced safety recalls for which not all VINs have been identified. VINs are added continuously so please check regularly
So since this recall was announced late last week, I'm not comforted. How many Bronco Sports come out of the factory? It's an 9 day window with a weekend. Do they produce more than 100 per day? (That's a real question -- I have no idea.)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
So since this recall was announced late last week, II'm not comforted.
I get that you're worried, but I wouldn't sweat it if I were you. Your dealership will know if a recall applies to your vehicle, and if it does they won't sell it to you until it's fixed.

Reactions: jsf

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
My August 22 build had this component replaced under warranty. Obviously way before this recall. I will say that braking is quite unusual when this module is not working. Not the kind of thing I would want to be dealing with when there is snow/ice on the roads.

OP
OP

Lulu

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Heritage
I just received my recall notice from Ford in my Ford Pass acct. So far, dealer won’t give me the $500 customer cash amount, dealer forgot to lower the psi in my tires from 42 down to 33, and now am delayed driving to Florida due to the recall. I hesitated ordering the car due to recalls, but I did, also thinking I had a great dealer. Wrong on both counts.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
What other fix is there? As I mentioned, there is ALWAYS a possibility a fuel system component will malfunction and allow raw fuel into the engine compartment. I can't think of any other way to prevent a fire than to ensure it cannot collect anywhere. In some cases that means installing a drain.

The driver notification is secondary. The primary purpose of the software change is to ensure the vehicle enters limp mode to reduce the amount of fuel going to the engine. This is another way to prevent fuel collecting in enough volume to pose a fire risk.
Hey Mark,
I’m not trying to be a jerk or get in a wizzin contest about this recall. I’ve been around & worked on cars for 60+ years. i do not disagree with anything you said. But I have an opinion too.
End of recall discussion for me.

BroncoDave

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey Mark,
I’m not trying to be a jerk or get in a wizzin contest about this recall. I’ve been around & worked on cars for 60+ years. i do not disagree with anything you said. But I have an opinion too.
End of recall discussion for me.
No worries, Roger.

OP
OP

Lulu

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Heritage
I just called the Ford service department and he said the repair won’t be out until the 2nd quarter of this year as they need to come up with a fix for the issue. I asked why as they should have good parts as only 800 cars are involved in the recall but he didn’t have an answer nor was he interested in pursuing it further.
What am I missing here? I also asked if the car was safe to drive, and he said that the recall doesn’t state it’s not safe to drive.

PonyDriver43

First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mustang EB Premium, 13 F150 Lariat, 18 Tahoe
I just called the Ford service department and he said the repair won’t be out until the 2nd quarter of this year as they need to come up with a fix for the issue. I asked why as they should have good parts as only 800 cars are involved in the recall but he didn’t have an answer nor was he interested in pursuing it further.
What am I missing here? I also asked if the car was safe to drive, and he said that the recall doesn’t state it’s not safe to drive.
That sounds like you need to speak with the Service Manager or dealership General Manager/Owner. Pretty obvious the person you spoke with missed the Customer Relations/Respect class. Something to remember when Ford sends you a review to fill out.

In your post #22, when Ford eliminated the cup holder lights, under dash panel and other items, they also removed tire pressure check from the PDI. I just brought home a new Mustang last week. When I got home (local street traffic - no interstate speeds) all 4 tires were at 46 PSI. Rides much better when they are at 35 PSI cold.

Last edited:
OP
OP

Lulu

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Heritage
That sounds like you need to speak with the Service Manager or dealership General Manager/Owner. Pretty obvious the person you spoke with missed the Customer Relations/Respect class. Something to remember when Ford sends you a review to fill out.

In your post #22, when Ford eliminated the cup holder lights, under dash panel and other items, they also removed tire pressure check from the PDI. I just brought home a new Mustang last week. When I got home (local street traffic - no interstate speeds) all 4 tires were at 46 PSI. Rides much better when they are at 35 PSI cold.
Many thanks for your input. Feel better now.

Rokanem

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi Q5
Ford just put a stop sale order on mine. It was built on Dec 12. I test drove it and was scheduled to buy it the day after this showed up on the forum.. When I saw the post, I told the dealer I wanted to hold off until they knew if mine was impacted. They called me today to tell me that it would be sometime in Q2 before they would have parts and could sell it. Ridiculous. FYI, no recall shows up when I do a search on my VIN for recalls.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Ford just put a stop sale order on mine. It was built on Dec 12. I test drove it and was scheduled to buy it the day after this showed up on the forum.. When I saw the post, I told the dealer I wanted to hold off until they knew if mine was impacted. They called me today to tell me that it would be sometime in Q2 before they would have parts and could sell it. Ridiculous. FYI, no recall shows up when I do a search on my VIN for recalls.
Something doesn’t sound right here ? Call them out on this .
Sponsored

Reactions: ZQ8