AndyMac204

Base
First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Base / 1988 Dodge Power Ram w150
i'm pretty happy with the 1.5 so far. good enough power for this cowboy.
Sponsored

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
MSRP on mine is $40,335. I'd gladly pay a few bucks more for the 2.0. I order the car exactly the way I want it and pay accordingly.
A few bucks more, you call ten thousand a few bucks more ?Hahaha 👍
No seriously I did not need the extra power of the 2.0 Liter.
I need the MSRP that I got, about $28,000 ish I think it was.
But by the time I was ready to sign I was Out the door for less than $29k. I took $7k off if that for my trade in and I had $3k in spending cash. Financed the rest. That’s what I needed.

Kenneth B.

Big Bend
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport.
Paid over $400 with tax for a K&N CAI and was sadly disappointed . I have been a big fan of K&N in the past but the one for the BS was BAD. No improvement in HP or mileage and it created this crazy grinding noise every time I tried to accelerate. Contacted K&N with no good results, so much for their life time guarantee, not worth the paper printed on.... NEVER again will I purchase a K&N product

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
I've used them in the past and always found it to be a PITA waiting for the filter to dry after cleaning so I can re-oil it. The cleaner and oil is not inexpensive either. I also don't like using them on turbo motors (at least on my 7.3L PSD as they tend to not filter as well based on oil analysis ... too much air flow for the filter on a 7.3L Turbo). If you do use one, I recommend checking to turbo compressor blades for possible "dusting" (if one can actually see them on the BS). For myself, I find it easier to just replace the filter on a regular basis. Cheers!

Kenneth B.

Big Bend
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport.
Save your money, purchase a K&N CAI for my 1.5 BS. No improvement in performance or mileage and it create a very annoying noise when accelerating . Returning this POS

jamaicandave

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
It would have to be. Must have been a really badly designed intake system!
I'm a Ford Master Technician. Ford Motor Company does a great job of balancing durability, power and efficiency when they design an engine. They spend literally billions designing engines. Any aftermarket performance mod will tip the scale of power/durability and was probably designed in the marketing department of a focus group. Ask yourself, do you want a durable, reliable power plant or lots of power and the reduced durability. I can guarentee K&N spent very little proving their design but lots on advertising and marketing.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I'm a Ford Master Technician. Ford Motor Company does a great job of balancing durability, power and efficiency when they design an engine. They spend literally billions designing engines. Any aftermarket performance mod will tip the scale of power/durability and was probably designed in the marketing department of a focus group. Ask yourself, do you want a durable, reliable power plant or lots of power and the reduced durability. I can guarentee K&N spent very little proving their design but lots on advertising and marketing.
I've been making this point for the past couple of years here. Ford prides itself on making cars with powerful engines. If there were easy power to be had by simply modifying the intake system Ford would have already done it.
Sponsored