kmac1036

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F-150
Congrats! Working on a deal for my brother (special needs and lives with me) for an upgrade & has selected the Bronco Sport. Fingers crossed...

Yes it does.

Has anyone found an add-on that allows the auto start/stop to be disabled by default upon startup without having to hit the button every time?
At least for the F-150 (that's my personal daily & was a regular on f150forum.com for a while), it can be disabled via a software utility called FORscan. Once some adventurous folks get these in hand & can test, I'm betting it'll be possible to shut it off permanently, if you'd wish to.

Advertisement

OP
JRav007

JRav007

Big Bend
First Name
J.
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
Not sure why everyone dislikes this feature in the BS, it's practically imperceptible IMO? The only start/stop that I've ever not notice was in a hybrid Rav4, this is about as close as you can come to a hybrid in an ICE vehicle.
Hmmm...in all honesty...I find it to be a pretty rough restart when I go to take my foot off the brake and accelerate when it is enabled...almost to the point of what I would describe as a “shudder”. Is this not the case on yours? Kind of makes me want to go to the dealership and see how it feels on a different Bronco vs mine to make sure there isn’t a problem.

Sparky

Badlands
First Name
Doug
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Ford Explorer Sport, 16 VW Beetle Convertible
Hmmm...in all honesty...I find it to be a pretty rough restart when I go to take my foot off the brake and accelerate when it is enabled...almost to the point of what I would describe as a “shudder”. Is this not the case on yours? Kind of makes me want to go to the dealership and see how it feels on a different Bronco vs mine to make sure there isn’t a problem.
There may be a difference between the start up of the 3 cylinder as opposed to the 4 cylinder engines.

TinyCadon

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Plymouth Volarie
There may be a difference between the start up of the 3 cylinder as opposed to the 4 cylinder engines.
I have the Big Bend 3cyl, didn't test the 4cyl so I can't say what that 1 felt like, but ya, sometimes I don't even realize that it's shutting off/turning on at a stop light. I don't even bother turning the system off because it doesn't annoy me like many others do.

BigB'sBrono21

Big Bend
First Name
Brad
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
My uncle just called me yesterday to get the X-plan price on his. He purchased a black one like yours. It really looks clean. I'm digging it.

MattH88

Big Bend
First Name
Matt
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Congrats! I just got mine as well. 100% satisfied so far.

Advertisement