Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Some people are understandably bailing out of these incomplete builds, I probably would too. But what prevents Ford from pulling them back into production and releasing them as 2022 builds? Maybe the VIN prevents that from happening?
the vin will show it. The 10th character is the year. M is 2021 and N is 2022

if A dealer tried, can you say fraud and a lawsuit that will get you a full size brnco free?
Sponsored

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Woo boy Iā€™ve been lurking on this forum for months and I finally had to make an account to sayā€¦ what the actual fuck.

I ordered a Kodiak Brown BL+BL on 03/29, production started on 06/17. From what I understand itā€™s completely built just missing the RCM chip and has the fuel line recall. My tracking has been updated to 12/24ā€¦

I am determined to not bail on my order especially now that they discontinued Kodiak Brown but Iā€™ve been waiting with two vehicles ready to trade in for almost 7 months. This sucksā€¦ why are the June builds being continuously pushed back? What happened to clearing their ā€˜21 orders before ramping up the ā€˜22 orders ?ā€?
I would kill for a kodiak BL BL. Even a desert parked one. That will be one rare bear. If that is your delivery it is ahead of the 2022s which begin production in November and will probably take into January to actually deliver. They donā€™t seem to have any 2022 scheduled the first week in November when they were supposed to be. Plus they cost push out 2022 production easy. Mine is currently 11/22 but I full expect that to slide into December while they work to chip the 2021s

Last edited:

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
No I have had window sticker for a long time. I guess I checked
just as Ford was updating. It all is OK now. This delay really pisses
me off. May be it has something with the over 200 container ships
sitting in Calif. Bay. It was on News tonight.
By the way, nice dog! Attached is a pic of my boy that I lost in February

Ford Bronco Sport June Builds sitting in the Mexican Desert 77615B21-D8C2-4425-A7DD-64794D4E2FDA

Rhatty24

Badlands
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Camaro SS, 2021 Bronco Sport Badlands
The Restraint Control Module controls the airbags and seat belt systems. The cheapest that I have found for one is $295 and the highest for $395. The part number is LJ6Z-14B321-A and is used in the Bronco Sport, Escape, and Lincoln Corsair. Most dealers have it listed as a special order item.
Mine just went to 12/24 as wellā€¦ Ford needs an explanation for this because itā€™s ridiculous thatā€™s almost 2022. I know chips are the issue but this is insane

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Mine just went to 12/24 as wellā€¦ Ford needs an explanation for this because itā€™s ridiculous thatā€™s almost 2022. I know chips are the issue but this is insane
I am going to guess with all the flips to 12/24 that all the 2022s production weeks will push to December from November then Unless they are running them on different assembly lines and figured out it would take longer than they thought to run the desert cars down one line.

M&M

Badlands
First Name
Melissa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Weā€™re going to be waiting over 14 months for our car, weā€™re really thinking of bailing. But weā€™ve already waited this long so itā€™s a tough call. Itā€™s terrible how little Ford cares about their customers.

Whitenight

Badlands
First Name
Charlie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport 2022 Maverick Lariat Deluxe
I am going to guess with all the flips to 12/24 that all the 2022s production weeks will push to December from November then Unless they are running them on different assembly lines and figured out it would take longer than they thought to run the desert cars down one line.
Supposedly October is the clean-up month for all the BS units on order and waiting to be built and no more new builds are supposed to be scheduled. Since they have almost 10,000 waiting for the fuel line recall and who knows how many for the RCM, it's going to take many weeks to just run them through the assembly line again. After that, they have to go to quality inspection before being released for shipping. After being released for shipping, it will take two weeks to be delivered to the dealerships. Even if Ford ran the line at capacity to finish the Mexican Desert Units, that only amounts to 8,000 vehicles in one months time. With these numbers - which are from Ford - it doesn't appear that the 2022MY will be starting as originally planned. As a matter of fact, it has already changed twice so far and might not actually begin until January 2022, factoring in the holiday period also. My dealer said that the 12/24 date is a "worst case scenario" and I'm just hoping that that isn't the case. I ordered a BL/BL on 03/12 and was built on 06/21 and has been waiting for both the fuel recall and the RCM. I decided to wait it out because I ordered it in Rapid Red and that isn't an option in the 2022MY.

Blondie_jax

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Supposedly October is the clean-up month for all the BS units on order and waiting to be built and no more new builds are supposed to be scheduled. Since they have almost 10,000 waiting for the fuel line recall and who knows how many for the RCM, it's going to take many weeks to just run them through the assembly line again. After that, they have to go to quality inspection before being released for shipping. After being released for shipping, it will take two weeks to be delivered to the dealerships. Even if Ford ran the line at capacity to finish the Mexican Desert Units, that only amounts to 8,000 vehicles in one months time. With these numbers - which are from Ford - it doesn't appear that the 2022MY will be starting as originally planned. As a matter of fact, it has already changed twice so far and might not actually begin until January 2022, factoring in the holiday period also. My dealer said that the 12/24 date is a "worst case scenario" and I'm just hoping that that isn't the case. I ordered a BL/BL on 03/12 and was built on 06/21 and has been waiting for both the fuel recall and the RCM. I decided to wait it out because I ordered it in Rapid Red and that isn't an option in the 2022MY.
Thank you for thisā€¦it gives me a very slight glimmer of hope that we will see our vehicles this year. As long as ours are completed before the MY22ā€™s start, I will accept the delay yet again. I do wish Ford would communicate with us, as that is something they can control, but it seems good folks like yourself are helping me keep my frustrations in check. I have wanted the Sport since it was announced a few years ago, but waited to do a test drive/see it in person in mid Feb before placing my order. This is the first time I have ever ordered a build to my exact specifications, and really have ever ā€œwantedā€ a specific vehicle (cars and SUVs have always served more of a utilitarian function than anything for me), so getting the luck of the draw with a June production and all the delays is really disheartening. I just keep telling myself I have waited this longā€¦what is another week/month/several months/etc more. I am so invested from my original 4-8 week estimate now, what really can I/we do. Fingers crossed my birthday present will just be a Christmas present instead. ?

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
I think Ford should help us out for the wait. We all are
going to wait this out. So Ford (are you reading this ?)
I say NO -- ADM and reinstate the X-PLAN for us that
are loyal waiters.

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser
Makes total sense. When I ordered my my22 first week of September I did so thinking I would not see it until April or May 2022 which would be a total order to deliver of 8 months which technically would be almost the same as those of you that ordered in March and get delivery in December.

sweetwater

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
First Name
Clif
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Makes total sense. When I ordered my my22 first week of September I did so thinking I would not see it until April or May 2022 which would be a total order to deliver of 8 months which technically would be almost the same as those of you that ordered in March and get delivery in December.
So is this to make us feel better ?

Rgill

Badlands
First Name
Vegas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota FJ Cruiser

rickdcov

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 F150
Just checked my order and the estimated delivery date changed from 11/1 to 12/24! Anybody elseā€™s?
Sponsored