Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
It looks as the JCR rock sliders have a mounting bracket that is vertical. Does it seem to anyone else that it may get hung up on stuff as opposed to sliding past or over it? Or am I over thinking it? I want their skid plates and unsure if I want to have to modify it for the Go Rhino sliders. JCR stuff is on sale and I want to take full advantage of that sale.
Sponsored

Blue oval fan

Big Bend
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport
I like how the JRC sliders are fully supported on the pinch weld. The go rhino sliders are more like side steps that only attach at either end.

Bluebaru

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 BS Badlands, 2019 VW GTI Rabbit ed. 03 JCW MCS
It looks as the JCR rock sliders have a mounting bracket that is vertical. Does it seem to anyone else that it may get hung up on stuff as opposed to sliding past or over it? Or am I over thinking it? I want their skid plates and unsure if I want to have to modify it for the Go Rhino sliders. JCR stuff is on sale and I want to take full advantage of that sale.
I thought about this as well and the same goes for the Go Rhino. Instead of a vertical support that is 90* to the direction of travel and could get hung up on something, why didn't they use a V shaped piece, that would still have the vertical support but be much less likely to get hung up on something and more likely to slide over it?

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I like how the JRC sliders are fully supported on the pinch weld. The go rhino sliders are more like side steps that only attach at either end.
Yes but the one guy who has them said they worked when he came down on them. So who knows. This is my quandary.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport Badlands Atlas Blue Metallic
BS'ers:

Hey Guys. I ordered the Go Rhino Rock Sliders and tried to have my dealership install them. They said they were not able to get it to work. I looked at it (I've got no experience in working on cars), and the images in the instructions didn't seem to work on my vehicle. Note, I called them and they basically were like, well it does work, and I was like, well thanks for that. I don't blame them, but the parts didn't line up on my ride as they did in the instructions.

When the Sliders arrived I was missing a part, by the time the part arrived, and the failed attempt at installation happened I was right at the return date for a refund.

Anyway, I chose to return them and decided to pivot to the JCR sliders and under armor. As I like the "complete package" they offer.

I recieved the JCR Sliders yesterday, haven't even opened the box. I have an appointment to have them installed next Wednesday (not at the dealership this time), and will post a follow up on it.

Why I'm posting now is to share an observation.

I've followed the threads on the sliders and realize the Go Rhino only has two attachment points, etc. as compared with the JCR sliders.

What I haven't seen anyone note (and I get I'm in a unique situation as someone that actually bought both), is that the Go Rhino Sliders are MUCH heavier than the JCR Sliders.

JCR Sliders are 54 lbs for the pair. Go Rhino's (DSS4029T) is 75 lbs for the pair.

Someone mentioned that though Go Rhino only had two attach points, that the robustness of the product made them more worried about the bolts shearing off than about the "step" buckling.

I'm no expert, I haven't ever off roaded before (am waiting for the sliders), but just from a heft comparison, I would think I would agree.

There are alot of caveats on the above. I'm talking about the Offroading that 95% of the people that do off road in a Bronco Sport do, so NOT the HRG Vids, but that is just my inexperienced thoughts from an outside perspective.

RR

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am the one that attached the go rhino sliders . Not sure why they could not be installed. The go rhino does not require any drilling. Yes it is attached at 2 points but I have come down hard on them and they have held up. I guess it is possible to shear the brackets off because they hang down but haven’t done it yet. They are dented badly now but held up. The trails I do are a rating of 3-4. One advantage is that they don’t hang low as the jcr ones so you can have a bit more clearance. I can take more pictures once I go off roading next weekend again. I have the skid plates from jcr as well but I had to modify those to fit maybe partly because i have a badlands and I have the go rhino so in order to all fit the skid plates had to be modified slightly. I have a hrg lift kit, had to ditch the FO suspension because I had some major issues with it.

Ford Bronco Sport JCR Sliders 8A44D9E4-1758-412C-894A-66D521B53537

Last edited:

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victorsen:

Thanks for the share man, and the pics.

Where I encountered the problem was pretty much with the first step, Part M installation of the 1/2" Screw with Plate. I followed the installation guide and video, pretty sure everything lined up but the place wouldn't sit how it was supposed to as it hit up against another part.

I have the Ford Ranger Lift Kit for the Badlands (the 1.75" lift). I don't know if that has anything to do with it or not. Not saying it does, but the Screw plate wouldn't sit how it needed to sit and I was at the return date, so I just returned it.

Anyway, I'm not shading the Go Rhino's they looked solid and I was quite bummed about the return, but I've got alot of JCR under armor coming now, so maybe it worked for the best for me.

Happy Trails Brother...

RR

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I am getting ready to order the JCR skids, sliders and the engine skid plate. I hope it makes oil changes as easy as they say. I have been going back and forth between the JCR sliders and the Go Rhino version. After these final posts on the subject it has help to secure the decision made earlier today.

OP
OP
Winds of Change

Winds of Change

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco sport
I am the one that attached the go rhino sliders . Not sure why they could not be installed. The go rhino does not require any drilling. Yes it is attached at 2 points but I have come down hard on them and they have held up. I guess it is possible to shear the brackets off because they hang down but haven’t done it yet. They are dented badly now but held up. The trails I do are a rating of 3-4. One advantage is that they don’t hang low as the jcr ones so you can have a bit more clearance. I can take more pictures once I go off roading next weekend again. I have the skid plates from jcr as well but I had to modify those to fit maybe partly because i have a badlands and I have the go rhino so in order to all fit the skid plates had to be modified slightly. I have a hrg lift kit, had to ditch the FO suspension because I had some major issues with it.

Ford Bronco Sport JCR Sliders 8A44D9E4-1758-412C-894A-66D521B53537
What was wrong with the FO suspension? That was a future thought.

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I am going to be getting my oil change this weekend so will let you know if I have any problems. I can pm privately about the issues I had about FO because I don’t know if the problems I had was just me. I also use my car as a daily driver as well as an off-roader. It seems others have installed it on their cars with no problem. I also think one has to look at the suspension on the badlands the HOSS tuned independent suspension and whether removing it for something else will make your car worse in certain instances which was my experience.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I am the one that attached the go rhino sliders . Not sure why they could not be installed. The go rhino does not require any drilling. Yes it is attached at 2 points but I have come down hard on them and they have held up. I guess it is possible to shear the brackets off because they hang down but haven’t done it yet. They are dented badly now but held up. The trails I do are a rating of 3-4. One advantage is that they don’t hang low as the jcr ones so you can have a bit more clearance. I can take more pictures once I go off roading next weekend again. I have the skid plates from jcr as well

You may be the one to answer my question!!
I want the JCR bash plate. Do you have that installed on your Badlands?
I tried contacting them and asking what about the plate wouldn't work on a BL and never go an answer. I'm at the point where I was going to get it and just make it work. I don't have the JCR engine skid.
Any input?

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GoatsyBanks:

I purchased the full line of JCR Skids/Sliders, etc. The was having 4 Wheel Parts in Frisco Texas install it. They hadn't worked on many Bronco Sports, but had done work with JCR Equipment previously on other vehicles.

They told me the JCR Bronco Sport Bash Plates holes didn't align to the Badlands, and their website has since been updated to say it doesn't work with the Badlands.

HGR did a video where they tried to attache the Engine Skid from a Badlands to another model of Bronco Sport, and it wouldn't work, they referenced the same hole alignment issue.

I guess it all depends on how good you are at working on things, I'm sure it can be adapted, but its way out of my skill set.

I personally would love it if we could get a Badlands to JCR Offroad so they could build one. I love their products, but being down in Texas that is abit of a trip for me.

Hope it helps, Happy Trails...

RR

Victorsen

Badlands
First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Yes I still have my jcr skid plates they needed to be modified to make them align. The skid plates are good and does offer good protection. I also put in the go rhino rock rails but I have removed them for now because they took a lot of damage because they hang low on the car and reduce your clearance. But if you are planning on doing any serious off-roading they are a must in my opinion because as we all know the bronco sport is hindered by its clearance. There is really no real protection currently on the car below the passenger and driver side where the evap is housed and the steel undercarriage. A wrong line will catch a rock. Also really there is only so much you can lift the car before you get cv axle issues. So these plates are your only protection, again only needed if you are doing any rocky trails.

RogueRodney

Badlands
First Name
Rodney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Victorsen:

Excellent analysis, I remember after getting my Ford Ranger Lifts (1.75" Lift on the Bronco Sport Badlands) that I looked so high off the ground, and was even abit higher than stock Jeep Wranglers (not measured, but I think so). With the JCR Rock Sliders, I look barely off the ground, pretty much the same thing you are reporting.

I'm leaving them on (too much hassle to add/remove), but miss my clearance...

I agree that if you are going to go off road, then the Evap Skid Plate from JCR is pretty much a requirement. If you don't have that, with the clearance of the Bronco Sport, it's just playing roulette till you are broken down on the trail (well unless you are a pretty experienced off roader).

RR
Sponsored