Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
thats a more 'normal to normal' comparrison. The earlier appears the Bronco has much larger tires lifting it a bit more. In your photo there isn't much difference with pedestrian mall tires on the Bronco.
The first picture is a Big Bend with the Sasquatch package. That includes bigger axles, springs, and tire along with a few other goodies. The actual bodies are not really that much bigger.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
By the numbers it really isn't that much bigger.
Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco Screenshot_20220511-184535
Yup, bodies are not too far apart. Just longer legs and bigger shoes. I keep saying “when I get my full size Bronco” but actually since I’m getting a 2 door, it’s actually smaller. Just taller with bigger shoes! Try explaining that to family!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Yup, bodies are not too far apart. Just longer legs and bigger shoes. I keep saying “when I get my full size Bronco” but actually since I’m getting a 2 door, it’s actually smaller. Just taller with bigger shoes! Try explaining that to family!
I did debate the 2 door vs BS. I really just needed out of my car. I was originally looking at getting a jag f-pace, but the bronco was my first vehicle and the nostalgia made me check it out. Once I opted for fun over luxury, I never really wanted a big look and the BS is everything I really needed... At that point it was OB or BL, so I went fun with creature comforts. No regrets. In the end, the more I see the 2 door, the less I like it. I feel like I would be disappointed I didn't go 4 door.

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
I did debate the 2 door vs BS. I really just needed out of my car. I was originally looking at getting a jag f-pace, but the bronco was my first vehicle and the nostalgia made me check it out. Once I opted for fun over luxury, I never really wanted a big look and the BS is everything I really needed... At that point it was OB or BL, so I went fun with creature comforts. No regrets. In the end, the more I see the 2 door, the less I like it. I feel like I would be disappointed I didn't go 4 door.
same here had a cactus gray OBX hard top in my hands same money as my first edition cactus gray I had ordered. I said no I will wait for my badlands first edition. I have had it for 14 months now , very happy with my choice.

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco F24FC581-76E5-4F76-B041-485121D63474

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco 9A7C9CCE-1C25-4EC0-BCB5-01F35B2036C0

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco 68DAAD83-9095-4C49-810C-E30809C15665

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
same here had a cactus gray OBX hard top in my hands same money as my first edition cactus gray I had ordered. I said no I will wait for my badlands first edition. I have had it for 14 months now , very happy with my choice.
I searched for an FE but couldn't find a reasonable dealer to part with it. I also got a lucky deal cause they had mine on the lot same setup I wanted from a canceled order. So they matched the order rebate. Plus I still got more than anticipated on trade. Definitely no complaints. Well maybe the velocity blue coming out a year later, that color is sharp!

Poolmanz Sport Bronco

First Edition
First Name
Bruce
Threads
Reaction score
Website
sites.google.com
Vehicle(s)
'21 Bronco Sport FE Area 51
S’up BSFs (Bronco Sport Fans)
I just did the Off Roadeo in Moab, UT. Posted on my review here.
I learned the Sport can do trails rated up to 3 , no problem.
Our Moabite trail guide did a ride along earlier that week took up a BS on Hells Revenge (rated 6) to Hells Gate using the bypasses.
I asked what was the maximum angle a BS can do, she didn’t have that info but the BRONCO can do 41 degrees. Any know the answer about the BS?
I heard ordering 23’ Broncos will start late Fall. I was looking at the 2 door hard top base, manual , so I can slowly modify it over time. Having a “compact” Bronco would definitely be my “big boy toy”.

GulfCoastBronco

Outer Banks
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Yup! I know what you mean. I keep referring to 2-doors as “Big Bronco” and a friends keeps saying “I feel like you have the big bronco” and that’s based on usable cargo room she feels that way.

Reactions: MJE

Cabezone

First Name
Justin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cherokee Trailhawk
S’up BSFs (Bronco Sport Fans)
I just did the Off Roadeo in Moab, UT. Posted on my review here.
I learned the Sport can do trails rated up to 3 , no problem.
Our Moabite trail guide did a ride along earlier that week took up a BS on Hells Revenge (rated 6) to Hells Gate using the bypasses.
I asked what was the maximum angle a BS can do, she didn’t have that info but the BRONCO can do 41 degrees. Any know the answer about the BS?
I heard ordering 23’ Broncos will start late Fall. I was looking at the 2 door hard top base, manual , so I can slowly modify it over time. Having a “compact” Bronco would definitely be my “big boy toy”.
3 on which trail rating system? There's quite a few, on the old 4x4 1-10 rating the Base sport is prolly good to 2-3 and the Badlands to 4-5.

Now there's a lot of different reasons a trail might get it's rating. The Badlands will be limited by it's clearance and lack of 4 low but some 5's on the old system will be passable. Without 4 low you also run a higher risk of damage than a vehicle that has it.

A stock Big Bronco Base can easily do 5, assuming skids and sliders.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
3 on which trail rating system? There's quite a few, on the old 4x4 1-10 rating the Base sport is prolly good to 2-3 and the Badlands to 4-5.

Now there's a lot of different reasons a trail might get it's rating. The Badlands will be limited by it's clearance and lack of 4 low but some 5's on the old system will be passable. Without 4 low you also run a higher risk of damage than a vehicle that has it.

A stock Big Bronco Base can easily do 5, assuming skids and sliders.
Thanks for the interesting points. Honestly my takeaway from this is even the Sport is rated to do trails at a higher level than what my driving skill would allow.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks for the interesting points. Honestly my takeaway from this is even the Sport is rated to do trails at a higher level than what my driving skill would allow.
Similar here. More so due to “how to put this politically correct” than skills at this stage of my tenure. We would go places we had no business going back in the day. Especially on the bikes, but even the Jeeps. Today, not sure my parts are as big as the machine!

we will find out in a few years!

Reactions: MJE

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Similar here. More so due to “how to put this politically correct” than skills at this stage of my tenure. We would go places we had no business going back in the day. Especially on the bikes, but even the Jeeps. Today, not sure my parts are as big as the machine!

we will find out in a few years!
Yes the older I get I don’t have quite as much brass as I used to. At this stage of the game I have to drive it back home still. Most of my travel is just me & the dog, sadly she’s not much help if I break anything out somewhere.

Clarebear

Badlands
First Name
Clare
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
...future owner of Bronco Sport
I pulled into a parking lot and there was a full size Bronco the same colors as my BSOB. Aside from sitting higher, the body really doesn't look much bigger. Wishful thinking on my part maybe.....

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco 20220426_200756

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco 20220426_202912

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco 20220426_200735

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco 20220426_200717
Its def bigger. I work at acar dealership (not Ford) and a Big one came in ... def bigger.

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
You're correct. When we went and picked up our fullsize (having driven there in our BS), I was so surprised. And the interiors aren't a huge difference in size either.

Ford Bronco Sport It's not much smaller than big Bronco 20220425_185759 noplates

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
The Bronco looks bigger because the fender flares stick out more, bigger tires, and sits higher. In the comparisons, there's only about an inch or less difference with most of the interior dimensions.
Sponsored