Issues after Ford Services Recall - Display screen system, remote access and noise Brake on reverse

DebbS

Big Bend
First Name
DEBORA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO SPORT
Everytime my Ford Bronco comes back from a Ford Services recall it comes with issues it didn't have before it went.

First recall - brake:
It came with a loud noise when braking in reverse. I went to Ford again and they just lubricated it, the noise still there but a little lower.

Second recall - fuel injector:
It came back with the display screen system turning off during the trip, everytime that I need to drive long distance.
No access to remotely start the car, lock or unlock it through the app.

Anyone else with the same problem that could let me know what to do?
Ford on call just tells me to get service done at another Ford Services, BAD after sales and troubleshooting for a 2021 car, brand new and extended warranty.

Ford Bronco Sport Issues after Ford Services Recall - Display screen system, remote access and noise Brake on reverse IMG_6194

Ford Bronco Sport Issues after Ford Services Recall - Display screen system, remote access and noise Brake on reverse IMG_6211.PNG
Sponsored

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Many owners report strange behavior that is ultimately traced to a bad battery. These vehicles seem to be very sensitive to battery health. I suggest you take your car to the dealer and ask them to perform a battery load test. This is not a simple voltage check; it requires placing a specified load on the battery while monitoring voltage.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Majority of Ford dealers have lousy service especially warranty work where dealers feel Ford does not compensate them appropriately. I would get online and look at dealer service reviews see if you can find a dealer with good service. If you know other ppl with Fords see if they can recommend a dealer. Most Lincoln dealers will do Ford warranty work. So you are going to have to search for a dealer with better service or nothing will ever get fixed correctly if at all. Most Ford dealers try to get out of warranty work and hope you just go away unless its to buy another new car.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
You can get a battery load test at almost any auto parts store. Then you'll be going to Ford with facts. The first sign of a low battery is the Auto Stop/Start quits working. In the winter, making short drives, I'd have to charge my battery every couple of weeks.

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
It's not only common with Ford, but other makes too. My 2020 Challenger had to have a new battery at less than 1000 miles. Granted, that car sat a lot in the garage. With everything having electric gadgets and features, its a wonder they don't come with a battery tender from the maker, and have you plug them in at night to keep the battery charged.

Or, they are preparing you for the EV car you will have to get someday.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Everytime my Ford Bronco comes back from a Ford Services recall it comes with issues it didn't have before it went.

First recall - brake:
It came with a loud noise when braking in reverse. I went to Ford again and they just lubricated it, the noise still there but a little lower.

Second recall - fuel injector:
It came back with the display screen system turning off during the trip, everytime that I need to drive long distance.
No access to remotely start the car, lock or unlock it through the app.

Anyone else with the same problem that could let me know what to do?
Ford on call just tells me to get service done at another Ford Services, BAD after sales and troubleshooting for a 2021 car, brand new and extended warranty.

Hey there. Can you send over a message with your VIN and the name/location of your local Ford dealer? I would like to look into these issues on my end!

OP
OP
DebbS

DebbS

Big Bend
First Name
DEBORA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO SPORT
Many owners report strange behavior that is ultimately traced to a bad battery. These vehicles seem to be very sensitive to battery health. I suggest you take your car to the dealer and ask them to perform a battery load test. This is not a simple voltage check; it requires placing a specified load on the battery while monitoring voltage.
I'll try this. Thanks!!

OP
OP
DebbS

DebbS

Big Bend
First Name
DEBORA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO SPORT
Majority of Ford dealers have lousy service especially warranty work where dealers feel Ford does not compensate them appropriately. I would get online and look at dealer service reviews see if you can find a dealer with good service. If you know other ppl with Fords see if they can recommend a dealer. Most Lincoln dealers will do Ford warranty work. So you are going to have to search for a dealer with better service or nothing will ever get fixed correctly if at all. Most Ford dealers try to get out of warranty work and hope you just go away unless its to buy another new car.
Exactly... I will check this. Ty

OP
OP
DebbS

DebbS

Big Bend
First Name
DEBORA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO SPORT
You need to provide this to them via a conversation. Hover over their avatar, then select "Start Conversation".
Yes, I did it both ways.

69cuda340s

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.billsgarage.info
Vehicle(s)
"21 BS Badlands, '16 F150 Platinum FX4
Exactly... I will check this. Ty
Neighbor of mine next street over has a large fleet of new Fords. He was able to recommend a Ford dealer that has good service. Out of the 1/2 dozen or so Ford dealers around me there is only one that has a trust worthy service department. Also have a Lincoln dealer near by very good service dept. So the good dealers are out there. Its just majority of them are incapable or unwilling to fix anything at least that my experience....

R W NORRIS New Mexico

Big Bend
First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
First, you will think I work for FORD with this answer, because they will or should tell you this. For the "Brake Noise" in reverse it is common and simple to fix. Think about this, most of your driving and braking is in forward motion. Your brake pads collect dirt but to Clean them you must reverse to draw out the embedded sand and other debris which are on them. Lots of it builds up because you don't use your brakes as often in reverse nor do you use them as hard and long. Go to a closed shopping center parking lot and put your car in reverse and really speed up and hit the brake. Do this repeatedly for 10 or 12 times and really hard. It will draw out the junk in the pads. Simply cleaning them. You need to do this once in a while to simply clean the pads and the rotors. Now if you live in snow areas, do it more often in the winter. I live in NM and get the junk about every 45 days. Now if you want to simply spend money, go to your parts store and buy "Brake Rotor Cleaner" for 8 or 9 bucks and spray your rotors and pads with it to clean them. It will do the same thing without all the fun. LOL. Now for the display after updates or electrical work, again check the battery or as with the brakes, simply clean the cables. Most times the tech will clamp the computer power lead to your battery post to ensure voltage is constant. Then when he replaces it, they forget to CLEAN the Post. Clean and tighten the cable and clean the post. Chances are it will fix your problem. Now don't complain to loud to that local dealer. I complained to mine and he gave me a refund of 800 bucks and told me to NEVER come back to his shop. FOR REAL. Welcome to New Mexico. My next closest dealer is 3.5 hour drive each way. So much for warranty service or other service.
Good luck

OP
OP
DebbS

DebbS

Big Bend
First Name
DEBORA
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
FORD BRONCO SPORT
First, you will think I work for FORD with this answer, because they will or should tell you this. For the "Brake Noise" in reverse it is common and simple to fix. Think about this, most of your driving and braking is in forward motion. Your brake pads collect dirt but to Clean them you must reverse to draw out the embedded sand and other debris which are on them. Lots of it builds up because you don't use your brakes as often in reverse nor do you use them as hard and long. Go to a closed shopping center parking lot and put your car in reverse and really speed up and hit the brake. Do this repeatedly for 10 or 12 times and really hard. It will draw out the junk in the pads. Simply cleaning them. You need to do this once in a while to simply clean the pads and the rotors. Now if you live in snow areas, do it more often in the winter. I live in NM and get the junk about every 45 days. Now if you want to simply spend money, go to your parts store and buy "Brake Rotor Cleaner" for 8 or 9 bucks and spray your rotors and pads with it to clean them. It will do the same thing without all the fun. LOL. Now for the display after updates or electrical work, again check the battery or as with the brakes, simply clean the cables. Most times the tech will clamp the computer power lead to your battery post to ensure voltage is constant. Then when he replaces it, they forget to CLEAN the Post. Clean and tighten the cable and clean the post. Chances are it will fix your problem. Now don't complain to loud to that local dealer. I complained to mine and he gave me a refund of 800 bucks and told me to NEVER come back to his shop. FOR REAL. Welcome to New Mexico. My next closest dealer is 3.5 hour drive each way. So much for warranty service or other service.
Good luck
Haha OK but save your time! Haha

Last edited:

Tawnygal

First Edition
First Name
TK
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.tonyadoughty.net
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport FE, 2021 Bronco Outer Banks
I took mine in for the reverse brake noise in cold or damp conditions. They confirmed, ordered the parts, once in, they "fixed" it. But since then, I have a louder, higher pitch noise when reversing in ANY temps, if it's been sitting for a full day, like an 8 hr work shift. So frustrating!

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Good luck
Where did this information come from? I googled this procedure (driving in reverse and applying brakes to clean off dirt), and could not find anything relating to this.

R W NORRIS New Mexico

Big Bend
First Name
Rodger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I worked as a FORD Mechanic back when I was in college. Now at that time "Disc" brakes had just started being used on the T Birds and they had this problem. After months of trying to correct the problem, we were in class in Brecksville Ohio and a guy said it worked for him. Ford actually tried it and started teaching the way to clean a brake pad without removal after that. 1970 Oh those good old simple days. LOL Give it a try, it simply reverses the debris out of the pad. Good luck.
Sponsored