DeepSea

Outer Banks
First Name
Joey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I’ve been to a few gas stations now and it seems I’m having a repeat issue where the pump keeps clicking and stopping flow repeatedly during fill ups. Is anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I’ve been to a few gas stations now and it seems I’m having a repeat issue where the pump keeps clicking and stopping flow repeatedly during fill ups. Is anyone else having this issue?
Have you tried pulling the nozzle out a bit? If that doesn't help you can reduce the flow rate by selecting a different detent on the pump handle.

kanine

Badlands
First Name
K
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Badlands, 2014 Mustang GT
I have the same issue every time, you have to pull the nozzle back a bit and then it should be okay. It's pretty annoying really.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Have the same issue on my 2006 Escape. Always have and especially worse if someone else is clicking theirs on and off. Slowing down the flow seems to be the only recourse or sit there and hold the lever to override the auto shut off.

Whatheheck

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco sport, 21Mustang GT
We are repeating history, this started back in the 70’s when auto shutoff started showing up. You pulled the nozzle out a little until the problem stopped. It seemed to go away for many years and now we must relearn.

mustangmech

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords!
No issues

Alistar

Big Bend
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I've had this issue in my last 2 cars (mazda3 and Mustang). Had to find the right angle.

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I had a slight problem at a gas station just off I35 in southern OK. It was long before daylight, I was heading to a NWR in Texas to photo snow geese. While I was at the pump three guys on the other side of the pump were being loud and boisterous. Then a fourth guy who was with them exits the building and is walking straight toward me. My mind was shouting, these guys are going to car jack you! My right hand went into my jacket pocket and gripped my Glock 27. As the guy neared me I said, "That's close enough. Walk away." He reached into his shirt pocket pulled out a business card and said, "Do you want to sell that Bronco?" Turns out he is an auto buyer and was headed to an auction in OKC, the shuckers and jivers were his drivers. I declined his offer to sell. :)

I experience the same problem with the pump shutting off. I just pull the pump handle out a tad and that seems to cure the problem. I suspect it is a problem with the angle of the Bronco's fill neck, since I didn't experience this with my previous vehicle at my regular gas station.

Last edited:

rdc17

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BL+BL
This only happens to me at certain pumps. Some I can stick it all the way in and it will pump until full without any issues.

CrashBend

Outer Banks
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee / Bronco Sport Outer Banks
Yes, I was having the same problem. I found that if I lift the nozzle up, pushing it all the way in and hold it I can fill the tank to within a quart or so of topped off. I do the same with our Jeep. At first I did not like the no gas cap idea, now I am used to it. Letting the nozzle just hang makes it click off for some reason.

Slingy

Badlands
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport BL, 1970 T-Bird, 1972 T-Bird
I've only filled up twice so far. The first time I don't recall having any problem, however, the second fill up was a pain in the tail. Pulling it out about half way to keep it from clicking off seemed to work at that particular moment and pump. I'm just about due for my 3rd fill up so I'll see if I have better luck.
Sponsored