Is there any downside to the off-road features on regular driving?

VapourTrails

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I’ve gone with the Badlands model, but I’m wondering if there is a downside to the off-road features for a daily driver, other than the gas penalty. Did that factor into anyones choice?

essentialemployee

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevrolet Tahoe
No, now you’re better equipped for both shitty roads and smooth roads. You can use the front 180 camera to assist in parking and maneuvering tight places

GT1

Badlands
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bmw x1, 1965 mustang GT convert
I’ve gone with the Badlands model, but I’m wondering if there is a downside to the off-road features for a daily driver, other than the gas penalty. Did that factor into anyones choice?
I would say the egress into car and tire road noise. Not clear what ride height will be with small lift and different tires. I would have gone with Outer Banks, but definitely not interested in 3 cylinder engine than has cylinder deactivation to just 2 cylinders ! On up side one might guess the suspension is better of Badlands, but I haven't seen an analysis of that like was done of the Escape.

Cyclone Cowboy

Badlands
First Name
Warren
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nissan Xterra
I will be using mine for both off-road and highway driving. Believe it or not, sometimes the off-road editions are better highway drivers than the standard vehicles due to the higher-grade, tuned suspensions. The 4Runner TRD Pro is a great example. Obviously, if you have off-road tires you are going to get more tire noise.

OP

VapourTrails

Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW
I would say the egress into car and tire road noise. Not clear what ride height will be with small lift and different tires. I would have gone with Outer Banks, but definitely not interested in 3 cylinder engine than has cylinder deactivation to just 2 cylinders ! On up side one might guess the suspension is better of Badlands, but I haven't seen an analysis of that like was done of the Escape.
Well a small difference in height is pretty minimal. My current car is a VW and it has significant road noise, so I am hoping the Ford will be quieter.