Is there a way to mirror the map in my iphone to my car radio?

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
Update:
Upon this product arrival, I opened the box up, I was pleased to say that the packaging was simple. You'll find the Carlinkit Adapter and a USB A-C Cable. The adapter is actually incredibly tiny. It's about the width of HALF a credit card. The thickness is about an iPhone depth. The USB cable is relatively short, probably 4 inches, but it was made perfectly for the adapter.

I went to my car, then plugged in the adapter. Immediately, my car recognized the adapter as a CarPlay device. The screen prompted me to either connect via USB or Bluetooth to the Carlinkit Adapter so I could get the wireless CarPlay running. Done. That's it. I restarted my car to make sure that the adapter would connect automatically for Wireless Carplay. It takes about 10-15 seconds to connect once the car has started. This adapter hasn't failed me yet! I plugged it into the USB port in the console. There is no reason for it to work differently whether it is in the front port, console port, or the ones on the back of the console.
Perhaps I don't know all of it, if I plug in under the dash it's a direct connect to the audio/infotainment. If I plug inside or to the rear ports of the armrest it only provides power not connection. I don't think it's tied to the navotainment screen.
Either way, sounds like you got the carplay working. Your salesperson should have set it up. I had teens at home..I didn't waste his time 🤣
Sponsored

fog53

Big Bend
First Name
ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Realize this thread is almost a year old but I just upgraded my iPhone to a 13 and decided to check if it would charge thru the USB port under their dash. I was pleasantly surprised when the google map navigation I had opened on my phone showed up on the car screen. The only thing I can't figure out yet is that while using the navigation I am unable to change radio stations. The station I have selected comes thru fine but I can't change the station.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Realize this thread is almost a year old but I just upgraded my iPhone to a 13 and decided to check if it would charge thru the USB port under their dash. I was pleasantly surprised when the google map navigation I had opened on my phone showed up on the car screen. The only thing I can't figure out yet is that while using the navigation I am unable to change radio stations. The station I have selected comes thru fine but I can't change the station.
Hmmm when Google maps on your iPhone shows up on the 8” display you must be using CarPlay.

Not sure how you are attempting to change the radio station (while using navigation .. also you did not say if you mean Google maps navigation or Fords built In Navigation if your vehicle has that) but there are many ways to change the radio station including:

1) for changing programmed stations, use the buttons shown in the pic that are in the red square and red circle.

2) use the built in voice commands (if your vehicle supports that) to change stations.

3) on the 8” display get to the Audio screen. If you have CarPlay going, on the 8” screen, find and press “Ford” button which is labeled as “Sync”. Then press Audio.

4) and other ways too

Ford Bronco Sport Is there a way to mirror the map in my iphone to my car radio? 1682307106526