Is there a way to mirror the map in my iphone to my car radio?

Jess Wilson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Hello, Is there a way to mirror the map in my iphone to my car radio? The navigation that comes with the original car is inconvenient to use.
Sponsored

thekingprawn

Badlands
First Name
Dustin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
Apple or Samsung auto when connected via USB?

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I normally plug in and use Google Maps because it's a great nav system and I'm used to it. But, in remote places where there is no phone signal, the Ford nav still works.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape

MattewGreen

First Name
Mattew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
OP
OP

Jess Wilson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
CarPlay. Plug your iPhone into The USB port.
hi, i tried this: plugged my iphone into a usb port and kept my iphone's wifi and bluetooth on, but when i was about to play some music it said "no media files" on my car radio, there was also no map.

OP
OP

Jess Wilson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I normally plug in and use Google Maps because it's a great nav system and I'm used to it. But, in remote places where there is no phone signal, the Ford nav still works.
Yes, I have to admit that the original navigation works when I can't get my phone to work at times. But i want to use my iphone maps most of the time

OP
OP

Jess Wilson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Mlarv

Outer Banks
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Where are you located at? A few options is bring it back to dealer and have sales person finish their job. Find a teenager to help out.

First which USB port are you using?
Does the Bluetooth work with Sync?

You will need a good cable use the one that came with your phone. Plug it into one of the console ports. You should be promoted too allow this phone or device to use CarPlay or android auto.

If not go to settings on the radio and look for Apple CarPlay or Android Auto. Select it and select allow this device to use it.

On your phone select allow.

OP
OP

Jess Wilson

Outer Banks
First Name
Jess
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
Update:
Upon this product arrival, I opened the box up, I was pleased to say that the packaging was simple. You'll find the Carlinkit Adapter and a USB A-C Cable. The adapter is actually incredibly tiny. It's about the width of HALF a credit card. The thickness is about an iPhone depth. The USB cable is relatively short, probably 4 inches, but it was made perfectly for the adapter.

I went to my car, then plugged in the adapter. Immediately, my car recognized the adapter as a CarPlay device. The screen prompted me to either connect via USB or Bluetooth to the Carlinkit Adapter so I could get the wireless CarPlay running. Done. That's it. I restarted my car to make sure that the adapter would connect automatically for Wireless Carplay. It takes about 10-15 seconds to connect once the car has started. This adapter hasn't failed me yet! I plugged it into the USB port in the console. There is no reason for it to work differently whether it is in the front port, console port, or the ones on the back of the console.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
...It takes about 10-15 seconds to connect once the car has started.
Just for reference since you never got your phone connected... It takes about the same 10-15 seconds to connect a wired phone because of the startup scene on heads-up display.
Sponsored