marcusnc

Outer Banks
First Name
MARC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can anyone tell me if the Outer Banks is beachworthy? It’s not actually an easy question as many vehicles get stuck there from time to time. Next season for beach driving I would like to get a pass, but I would hate to get pulled out. The dealership, in a beach community would not go on record with an answer.
Sponsored

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Assuming you still have the stock Michelin Primacy A/S tires, you will probably want to swap them out. They're not great on anything other than dry pavement.
They run nice on wet pavement (including snow )as well. I have them on my big bend. I got a dealer stock model the one thing I don’t like is those 18” wheels not much tire options for 18” wheels.

Zander1ni

Big Bend
First Name
Alexander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Golf tdi
Assuming you still have the stock Michelin Primacy A/S tires, you will probably want to swap them out. They're not great on anything other than dry pavement.
the 17 inch continentals worked great on sand in the California desert. If you air down sufficiently you should be ok.

as always when driving in sand have an escape plan if you get stuck and proper recovery gear

fourthgear

Outer Banks
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport ,MB Sprinter 4x4
My BS OB worked fine in soft loose sand on the Beach , Sand Mode , low , with Michelin AS tires.

magicbus

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS BL+BL, Rivian R1T, Sprinter 3500 camper
It’s all about the air pressure. Soft sand needs 18# max pressure and a gentle accelerator foot. Then no problem, Sand mode assumed of course.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
They run nice on wet pavement (including snow )as well. I have them on my big bend. I got a dealer stock model the one thing I don’t like is those 18” wheels not much tire options for 18” wheels.
Mine is also a Big Bend with the 18” wheels. IMO the Primacy tires are mediocre in the rain, and not good at all in the snow or on dirt roads. I have not tried them on sand.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
Mine is also a Big Bend with the 18” wheels. IMO the Primacy tires are mediocre in the rain, and not good at all in the snow or on dirt roads. I have not tried them on sand.
They are definitely better than my previous vehicle on wet pavement and snow. I can drive the speed limit in snow without any problems so that is good .( 50mph I tried it and it was flawless) yes there is better stuff out there . Stopping distance in the rain is also better than I have had previously as well. I do plan on switching. I want the 235/65/R18 fallen wild peaks A/T

My Bronco Sport is currently at the body shop (off road damage had a good time and busted my radiator and bumper ) I miss the vehicle is a joy to drive compared to other vehicles I have driven ,

bronco_wv

Big Bend
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Rapid Red
It’s all about the air pressure. Soft sand needs 18# max pressure and a gentle accelerator foot. Then no problem, Sand mode assumed of course.
+1 on this comment

I've taken 2 different Jeep Wranglers out on the beach with soft sand and deep ruts as well as a Subaru Outback. Airing down to get more tire surface area proved to be more important than the type of tire, especially for the Subaru.

a33maxi

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport - sold
They are definitely better than my previous vehicle on wet pavement and snow. I can drive the speed limit in snow without any problems so that is good .( 50mph I tried it and it was flawless) yes there is better stuff out there . Stopping distance in the rain is also better than I have had previously as well. I do plan on switching. I want the 235/65/R18 fallen wild peaks A/T

My Bronco Sport is currently at the body shop (off road damage had a good time and busted my radiator and bumper ) I miss the vehicle is a joy to drive compared to other vehicles I have driven ,
I’m just sharing my personal experience, they are not great compared to my previous vehicles. If you like the tires then feel free to keep running them.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I’m just sharing my personal experience, they are not great compared to my previous vehicles. If you like the tires then feel free to keep running them.
I want better off road performance!

BagOJuice

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Granted, mine is a badlands and i upgraded the tires to Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s but i take mine on the beach. Handles great. Really the most important thing about beach driving is airing down properly and keeping up momentum with an even throttle, and having recovery gear! Im sure you can in an OB with stock tires but yeah, if youre serious about it i would upgrade the tires eventually.

Central Jersey

Big Bend
First Name
Mordechai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport big Bend
I want to upgrade the tires but the wife isn’t on board with dropping $1000 when the tires on the vehicle are brand new..

women... they just don’t get it
I thought they passed a stimulus package so we can all upgrade our tires. That’s what I am doing just pushing off the purchase until May .

tRex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Can anyone tell me if the Outer Banks is beachworthy? It’s not actually an easy question as many vehicles get stuck there from time to time. Next season for beach driving I would like to get a pass, but I would hate to get pulled out. The dealership, in a beach community would not go on record with an answer.
The body is.
Sponsored