Intro and a few questions

elav

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB
Hello, I just picked up a 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend. It is used and needs a few things. I'm hoping the community can help me come up to speed.
  • Vehicle only came with 1 key/fob. The fob doesn't have remote start. What do people recommend to get a 2nd key (go to the dealer, get the existing key cloned, etc.)?
  • The driver's seat has 2 burn marks (looks like it was done by a soldering iron or cigarette). I see they sell the entire seat cover/cushion for over $200. Does anyone know if they just sell the seat cover?
  • Vehicle came with the rubberized cargo mat and 2nd row rubberized seat backs. I'd like to order matching mats for the front and back seat footwells. They kind of look gray in color to me. Did these come in colors or are they all black?
Thanks in advance and looking at learning from the community!

Ford Bronco Sport Intro and a few questions IMG_5215
Sponsored

JAD67428

Outer Banks
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport. 1994 Ford Mustang GT.
Hello, I just picked up a 2022 Bronco Sport Big Bend. It is used and needs a few things. I'm hoping the community can help me come up to speed.
  • Vehicle only came with 1 key/fob. The fob doesn't have remote start. What do people recommend to get a 2nd key (go to the dealer, get the existing key cloned, etc.)?
  • The driver's seat has 2 burn marks (looks like it was done by a soldering iron or cigarette). I see they sell the entire seat cover/cushion for over $200. Does anyone know if they just sell the seat cover?
  • Vehicle came with the rubberized cargo mat and 2nd row rubberized seat backs. I'd like to order matching mats for the front and back seat footwells. They kind of look gray in color to me. Did these come in colors or are they all black?
Thanks in advance and looking at learning from the community!

Ford Bronco Sport Intro and a few questions IMG_5215
You have to DownLoad the Ford App in the App Store it’s called “ Ford Pass” once you download that you should have remote start, your probably going to need the Vin number also, for the App.
as far as I know the key has to be from the Dealer. Ford Seat Covers are very expensive so I would look at Amazon. If you want Great Mats look up TuxMat out of Canada, they are Awesome.
https://www.tuxmat.com/
Good Luck

OP
OP
elav

elav

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB
Thanks - I only mentioned the fob not having remote start as I guess there is a way to add a 3rd fob if you have 2 with the remote start.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
You need two fobs to program a third without help from a service shop. If you only have one you'll need to have a shop program a second.

Remote start using the fob requires a specific module be installed in the vehicle. You can remote start the car using the FordPass app because the command goes through the car's telemetrics system. The fob talks to a different receiver, and unless that receiver is connected to a remote start module it cannot start the car. If your car has that module from the factory your fob will have a remote start button. If it doesn't, then your car is not equipped with the module.

You can get remote start via the fob if you install Ford's Perimeter Plus alarm system. It provides both an enhanced alarm system (shock sensing) and remote start via the fob. You do not need a fob with a remote start button to use it. More here:

https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/another-perimeter-plus-alarm-installation.6737/

kshaw

Outer Banks
First Name
Kent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport;350Z;Hybrid Escape
I was just looking for an additional key for mine. There are a bunch of universal remotes on Ebay for about $20 that claim compatibility with the Bronco Sport but they do not seem to have the manual key that comes with the Ford original. You can buy new Ford keys on Ebay for as low as $60 and those would have the spare key. You would need to have the spare key cut by a Ford dealership. I also saw some used Ford keys that would work but the key has likely been cut and would not work on your BS. If you buy these from your Ford dealer, they will cost a lot more. There are directions in the manual on how to program or you may be able to do this with ForScan.

OP
OP
elav

elav

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BB
Thanks kshaw! I talked to my local locksmith and they can program a new key. I don't think I can manually program a key myself as I believe you need two working keys to do that.
Sponsored