Interior rattle

rmreid22

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wildtrak, 2018 Mustang GT
Have the same issue coming from the front passengers side, but I can't seem to pinpoint the exact cause ?
Sponsored

Fergus

Outer Banks
First Name
Fergus
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS OB
Thought mine was interior on the passenger side for a month. Then I caught the peices of the side view mirror molding rattling against each other. Haven't decided on adhesive or black tape to fix. But that was the source of mine.
Put electrical tape over the two molded pieces of plastic on side view mirror and the rattle has stopped. Like I said I could have sworn it was interior but it wasn't. Searching for permanent fix now.

toddedmond

Outer Banks
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry XSE
Hello. I have the same rattle coming from both of my side view mirrors. Seems like the plastic covering is kind of loose. It rattles when I tap on it and rattles when I close the door. Can anyone tell me how to remove the cover from the mirror (without breaking anything)? I think I might be able to insulate the plastic pieces from rattling together if I can get the cover off of the mirror housing. Thanks.

Glamdring70

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'21 BL+BL
Hello. I have the same rattle coming from both of my side view mirrors. Seems like the plastic covering is kind of loose. It rattles when I tap on it and rattles when I close the door. Can anyone tell me how to remove the cover from the mirror (without breaking anything)? I think I might be able to insulate the plastic pieces from rattling together if I can get the cover off of the mirror housing. Thanks.
Don't know if this helps or not, but someone linked me this exploded diagram of Ford sideview mirrors a while back.
https://www.broncosportforum.com/forum/threads/turn-signals.4186/post-72970

sinbuster007

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 SUV's, 2 Mustangs
our 2017 escape rattles at the bottoms of the doors and right in front of the door panels. i read somewhere in the escape forums they put platic pieces in there to cut down on wind but they put them in using the plastic screws that just pop in....and they work loose....only way to fix is to take the door panels and side panels off and remove them. otherwise you hear the noise.
we had the bottom plastic tray on the passenger side fall off going down the road to DC (childrens hospital) when we took our son down....it was raining too....we scraped the plastic panel for couple miles then i was in the underground garage all wet trying to beat it off with my foot.....that was a fun day....

FuryMachine84

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I have 1 or 2 interior rattle near the gauge cluster & steering column. I am pretty sure it's just the plastic panel above the column.

The other sounds like a heat shield on the passenger side & only happens when accelerating, up & down shifts.

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
I have 1 or 2 interior rattle near the gauge cluster & steering column. I am pretty sure it's just the plastic panel above the column.

The other sounds like a heat shield on the passenger side & only happens when accelerating, up & down shifts.
Hi Mike! I can look into your Bronco's noise concern on my end. To get started, could you please send a private message over with the name/location of your local Ford dealer and your Bronco's VIN?
Sponsored