BroncoSportBB_Socal

Big Bend
First Name
Mace
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
So about 3 days ago, I'd notice that the interior lights weren't turning off when I walked away from the car. I checked the switch and it is on "door mode". So they should turn off if the doors are closed. I tried again and none of the dome lights turn off.. I then switched it to "off mode" it does turn off. I'm guessing a sensor or some sort.

Has anyone experienced this issue?
Sponsored

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
Yes, ive seen it on my bigbend…theres a delay before lights turn off. Also another scenario is that the dome lights switch off after you lock the car in like 10-15sec. it behaves like the park lights of the car, they turn off at the same time after locking.

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
try double clicking the fob lock button, if you get a single horn beep all is good, a double beep indicates a door sensor is showing as open.
generally on Fords a double push will kill the interior and exterior lights instantly with the exception of the headlight off delay.

Bronco_Cayde716

First Edition
First Name
Caitlynne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Fusion
try double clicking the fob lock button, if you get a single horn beep all is good, a double beep indicates a door sensor is showing as open.
generally on Fords a double push will kill the interior and exterior lights instantly with the exception of the headlight off delay.
Nope!! Mine won’t turn off even if I’m driving. Have to flip the lights off switch twice.

toothylemar

Big Bend
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Same problem happening to me. My headlights were on without anything selected on the dial. Now everytime I open the door the dome comes on and won't go off. I have to manually flip the switch by the dome on/off. The dealer said probably headlight switch but I couldn't get my bronco to repeat at the dealer. Any fix yet?

Ford Motor Company

First Edition
First Name
Ford
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, Bronco Sport
Same problem happening to me. My headlights were on without anything selected on the dial. Now everytime I open the door the dome comes on and won't go off. I have to manually flip the switch by the dome on/off. The dealer said probably headlight switch but I couldn't get my bronco to repeat at the dealer. Any fix yet?
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!

toothylemar

Big Bend
First Name
lynn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
bronco sport
Hi there! Can you send us a message with your VIN and Ford dealership name? I’ll look into this on my end. Thank you!
How do I do that? Here? I've talked to 2 dealerships about it. Both say they have to see my dome light not go off. However, if my headlights were stuck on and it's the headlight switch, wouldn't it show on the system or they really need to see my dome light on? I also figure out it takes 20 mins for my car to reset so the dome comes back on when u open the door. Like turn the car off, let it set for 20 mins. Then open a door and there u go dome light again. I'll turn my car on and leave the light on and drive to the dealer and show them. Turn it off and let my car sit for 20 mins. Show then again right. Then take the cover off the light and remove the bulb and wait for the next appt in august.

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
How do I do that? Here? I've talked to 2 dealerships about it. Both say they have to see my dome light not go off. However, if my headlights were stuck on and it's the headlight switch, wouldn't it show on the system or they really need to see my dome light on? I also figure out it takes 20 mins for my car to reset so the dome comes back on when u open the door. Like turn the car off, let it set for 20 mins. Then open a door and there u go dome light again. I'll turn my car on and leave the light on and drive to the dealer and show them. Turn it off and let my car sit for 20 mins. Show then again right. Then take the cover off the light and remove the bulb and wait for the next appt in august.
I had that issue about a year ago, my sync downloaded incomplete, once it installed the incomplete file it caused a couple of issues (headlights same thing). The service center reinstalled it and I haven't had a problem since. Plus I shut off auto downloads and only install manually now.

dchambers629

Badlands
First Name
Dennis
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 3500
I've had my Bronco Sport BL for 13 months and my lights wouldn't go off at all. I found this light switch that I never knew I had.
Ford Bronco Sport Interior Light Issue 20230524_200528