Installing Powered Trunk Lid ?

First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Anyone know if the BL with BL trim can be retrofitted with a powered trunk lid?
Sponsored

Jess1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Don't know why not. There are several aftermarket sellers out there...
Let us know if you do get it done!

OP
OP
First Name
Rodrigo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Awaiting
Don't know why not. There are several aftermarket sellers out there...
Let us know if you do get it done!
There was one reseller who replied to me saying they didn't make one for the Bronco Sport but since they made one for the Escape, they could easily make one for the BS but, he wanted me to take measurements of the original mechanism. I want one but can't find the time to take measurements plus, if I make a mistake in the measurements, then I am SOL.

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Itā€™s funny what we get used to. Iā€™m really enjoying just being able to walk up the the vehicle and grab the handle to open without digging a key fob out of my pocket or worse yet a physical key that has to be inserted into a keyhole. Iā€™m sure once (if ever) I have a vehicle that opens the door as I approach, Iā€™ll wonder how I ever survived when I had to actually had to touch the handle to get it to open. :cool:

Iā€™m just getting the hang of not having to shift gears as I get on the highway. I drove a 2 door with a 7sp last weekend for an hour at a off rodeo event. Took me a few lights after getting back into the sport not to try and grab that imaginary stick shifter. After driving primarily manual transmissions for the past 50 years, muscle memory tied with foggy brain memory is getting conflicted!

WildFord

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BS BL
I didn't even know a retrofit kit like this exist for other vehicle. make sense...just a motorized/hydraulic lift struct. i see they are about $700. Not sure why Ford did not offer this as part of an option. It shouldn't cost that much as an factory option.

maybe a BS kit will be made soon when they realized there is a market for it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
After driving primarily manual transmissions for the past 50 years, muscle memory tied with foggy brain memory is getting conflicted!
Same here. Used to hate switching between manual and auto transmission cars. I had my toddler granddaughter in the wife's car (Escape) with me one day when someone pulled out of a parking lot right in front of me. Muscle memory from my daily driver (manual trans Mustang) was to stomp the clutch while braking. There is no clutch pedal in the Escape, so both feet ended up on the brake pedal.

If you've never tried it, you should stomp the brake pedal as hard as you can going 35 mph at least once in your lifetime. I suspect most people have no idea how powerful their brakes are. I do! So does my granddaughter.

I wish I had taken a photo of the look on her face when I turned around to make sure she was ok. Something like this, but more WTF-ish.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing Powered Trunk Lid ? 16564297

Last edited:

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Same here. Used to hate switching between manual and auto transmission cars. I had my toddler granddaughter in the wife's car (Escape) with me one day when someone pulled out of a parking lot right in front of me. Muscle memory from my daily driver (manual trans Mustang) was to stomp the clutch while braking. There is no clutch pedal in the Escape, so both feet ended up on the brake pedal.

If you've never tried it, you should stomp the brake pedal as hard as you can going 35 mph at least once in your lifetime. I suspect most people have no idea how powerful their brakes are. I do! So does my granddaughter.

I wish I had taken a photo of the look on her face when I turned around to make sure she was ok. Something like this, but more WTF-ish.

Ford Bronco Sport Installing Powered Trunk Lid ? 16564297
Reminds me from a time back in the day. I had a manual Mustang as a daily driver. Had to take my mom to the doctors. She had a ā€˜75 Granada that had a brake pedal that was a foot wide. Went to pass someone and pushed in the clutch to grab a gear and then had to peel my mother off the windshield. Iā€™m not sure she ever let me drive her car again. She gave me that exact same look!

Benanza

Outer Banks
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
Itā€™s funny what we get used to. Iā€™m really enjoying just being able to walk up the the vehicle and grab the handle to open without digging a key fob out of my pocket or worse yet a physical key that has to be inserted into a keyhole. Iā€™m sure once (if ever) I have a vehicle that opens the door as I approach, Iā€™ll wonder how I ever survived when I had to actually had to touch the handle to get it to open. :cool:

Iā€™m just getting the hang of not having to shift gears as I get on the highway. I drove a 2 door with a 7sp last weekend for an hour at a off rodeo event. Took me a few lights after getting back into the sport not to try and grab that imaginary stick shifter. After driving primarily manual transmissions for the past 50 years, muscle memory tied with foggy brain memory is getting conflicted!
It feels uncomfortable without somewhere to rest my hand, that's why I keep a bottle in the cupholder. Gives me somewhere to put that hand... I even sometimes subconsciously shift it

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It feels uncomfortable without somewhere to rest my hand, that's why I keep a bottle in the cupholder. Gives me somewhere to put that hand... I even sometimes subconsciously shift it
I know, itā€™s really odd not having a shifter there. Trying remember back in the day when there wasnā€™t a floor shifter. Oh, thatā€™s right, my girlfriends knee!
Sponsored