Scott_Anderson_

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Cactus Gray
I got the floor mats from Ford the day I bought my BS. Next was the hood deflector. Then the Carhart seat covers. I only use the drivers side.
I’d love to see a real life photo of the Carhartt seat cover. Share a photo if you’ve got one.
Sponsored

Barry S.

Big Bend
First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Let me add in hydraulic hood lifters. Eliminates that old fashioned hood stick. I don't spend much time under the hood but dealership mechanics thought it was great. Takes 10 minutes to install even by someone like me who suffers from mechanical ability deficit syndrome.🤓

max the dog

Badlands
First Name
warren
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
L8000, Excursion, F350, escape, BL, Hummer
I see lots of posts started with what folks have done to their BS accessory wish. I like most of them, and of course we all have our likes/dislikes along with taste on styles.

So, if you could only do ONE change/accessory, What would that be?
I put mud guards on. Saves the finish.

MDwayne

Big Bend
First Name
MDwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 18 Zion SRT, 73 VW Super Beetle
If you don't count removing the dealer's license plate frames, It would have to be tinting the front windows.
Wish I could do that where I lived. Too many bad guys here I guess: or nervous cops.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Wish I could do that where I lived. Too many bad guys here I guess: or nervous cops.
Put yourself in the shoes of a police officer approaching a car he/she cannot see into...Nothing I'd want to face.

Reactions: Jrl

MDwayne

Big Bend
First Name
MDwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 18 Zion SRT, 73 VW Super Beetle
Put yourself in the shoes of a police officer approaching a car he/she cannot see into...Nothing I'd want to face.
No you're right, I wouldn't wanna have to look at my face either.

GoatsyBanks

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco Sport
I didn't post about the install. It's so simple. 100% plug and play. Mine did come with pre-wired resistors (presumably to prevent hyper flash), but when I installed them I had intermittent hyperflash. The resistors have quick connects, so I just disconnected them and they worked perfectly. The startup animation can also be bypassed, but it looks pretty cool so I left it on. I get tons of compliments.

Ford Bronco Sport If you could buy only ONE accessory... 20230322_105055
Ford Bronco Sport If you could buy only ONE accessory... 20230322_105100
I've been wanting to know,
Do the horizontal lights on the side work as directionals or DTR?

Jrl

First Edition
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln and escape and first edition cactus gray
Been looking for lights to fit the grill.
Where did you pick thoes up?
Running lights. Went for the tinted ones to match other trim like bronco letters .
Ford Bronco Sport If you could buy only ONE accessory... CA5AE99B-315B-41B2-9EBF-86FD1A179FE8
Ford Bronco Sport If you could buy only ONE accessory... 2ADFB58B-8D65-4A8E-B015-79A411B24648

Last edited:
OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I like these lights too. My faux Ford Raptor front grill came with these lights. The kit looks to have everything needed to splice/tap into a parking light on the BS.

And only $14.99 a month for 4 interest free months to boot! Can't beat that with a stick.

cprcubed

Big Bend
First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Cyber Orange BS BB, 1997 Ford F250 HD 7.3 PSD
Auto-Start/Stop Eliminator for me! I never even think about that stupid system anymore. Cheers!

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
I can see a couple sides to the reasoning to auto stop/start. In short, I felt the manufacturers should have given the ability to turn it off permanently in the Ford app, rather than have to turn it on/off each time we start the vehicle initially, or pay 90 bucks for a memory module that plugs in series with the ODB II to remember our last setting.

It could save some cash on fuel, but for the average consumer, this is minimal.

BMW used to (not sure if they still do it now) change the scenario to it being always off, and the dash button would turn it on when you wanted it to auto stop. I asked our Ford service rep if Ford did this; they said no, but go buy the $90.00 aftermarket memory module to do it.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
...the manufacturers should have given the ability to turn it off permanently...
Auto start/stop isn't for consumers, it's so that manufacturers can meet Federal fuel economy and emissions standards. When the EPA tests a car all the systems and settings the manufacturer uses to meet the standard must operate without driver intervention. If you had to turn on the auto start/stop system then Ford could not have it engaged during testing.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
Auto start/stop isn't for consumers, it's so that manufacturers can meet Federal fuel economy and emissions standards. When the EPA tests a car all the systems and settings the manufacturer uses to meet the standard must operate without driver intervention. If you had to turn on the auto start/stop system then Ford could not have it engaged during testing.
But they allow you to disable it after starting the car...you just have to do it each time you start the car the first time for the start of the drive. They should allow you to reverse that logic; it allows the feature to still work, just gives the owner the option to turn it off when you first start the car, then activate it if you want the feature. Can't be an EPA thing to not turn it off, as it works that way currently.

I understand the EPA requirements to a vehicle manufacturer that want to conserve on fuel, but give the consumer the ability to shut it off initially, rather than on a per start of the engine, or having to pay $90.00 for an after market memory module.

Last edited:

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
But they allow you to disable it after starting the car...
Right, and the EPA assumes you will not remember to turn it back on again once you turn it off, so the test must be conducted without that system. Ford wants to get credit for the system, so it must default to on every time you start the vehicle. Adding a switch to turn it off is a compromise; Ford gets credit for the system with the EPA while allowing the consumer to turn it off if they don't want to use it.
Sponsored