Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport Outer Banks Area51
Right, and the EPA assumes you will not remember to turn it back on again once you turn it off, so the test must be conducted without that system. Ford wants to get credit for the system, so it must default to on every time you start the vehicle. Adding a switch to turn it off is a compromise; Ford gets credit for the system with the EPA while allowing the consumer to turn it off if they don't want to use it.
I agree to all this with the EPA and such, but why couldn't the process be reversed, meaning it is always disabled, and can be enabled with the dash button, same as being able to disable it after the engine is started? It all still works, so I'd think the EPA is still happy.

Your point though on how the EPA assumes you will not remember to turn it off is a valid one (until you realize after the first stop sign or red light you did forget :blush:). I have done that, and so has the wife! A quick push of the dash button stops that from happening again on that trip. Then we park, return from the errand, start the BS, and each of us reaches for the button!

I just can't bring myself to spending $90.00 for the aftermarket part that does what I want because of my lack of memory to disable it each time I use the vehicle :frown:.
Sponsored

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
I agree to all this with the EPA and such, but why couldn't the process be reversed, meaning it is always disabled, and can be enabled with the dash button...
Because then Ford would not get the improvements in economy and emissions the system offers during EPA testing. I may not be communicating this idea very well. Ford cannot use any system meant to save fuel on the EPA test unless that system is enabled by default following every engine start. If the owner could disable the system permanently then Ford could not test the vehicle with the system enabled.

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Because then Ford would not get the improvements in economy and emissions the system offers during EPA testing. I may not be communicating this idea very well. Ford cannot use any system meant to save fuel on the EPA test unless that system is enabled by default following every engine start. If the owner could disable the system permanently then Ford could not test the vehicle with the system enabled.
I get it now..."Ford cannot use any system meant to save fuel on the EPA test unless that system is enabled by default following every engine start".....đź‘Ť

sholescurtis

First Name
Karen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Crazy enough, my favorite most useful has been my armrest console organizer I got from Amazon. It makes that space so much more useful, and I open and get into that space alnost every time I drive.
Same! Great product

OP
OP
Bucko

Bucko

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
My Birthday present from my son and nephew. Nephew does vehicle wrapping, and designed this gator from a picture we see at the University Of Florida Baseball games; whenever the apposing team changes pitchers, they string this image as a banner across the upper/lower wall. I always liked it, so my wife took a picture of it and sent it to my son. He contacted his cousin who made it, color matching the outline in area 51 to match our BS.

Ford Bronco Sport If you could buy only ONE accessory... Bronco rear

OuterBanks25

Outer Banks
First Name
Connor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Ford Bronco Sport
For me it would have to be mudflaps. My family and I are planning to move up north so having the mudflaps for harsh winters and rain storms would be very beneficial while also giving the vehicle a more rugged look. I've seen a fair share of BS's with them on and it looks nice, which is why I did it to my Maverick.

Scott_Anderson_

Badlands
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Cactus Gray
Do floor mats count as an accessory? Because the car came with the floor mats on the build sheet. If not the floor mats, then the one other thing I would pick is the cargo mat. Makes stuff slide way less than the tire cover and so easy to wash off. Mats save time and technically you use them every time you use the car. :giggle:
Ford Bronco Sport If you could buy only ONE accessory... a9dd63ad-dcb8-4d80-aeee-56b68301b40f_1480x
I tend to agree. This is a taken for granted feature, but it actually factored into the decision in my case. With kids, it's especially helpful. Easy clean up.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
For me it's the Archaic LED tail lights. They're not for everyone, but they look great on my Shadow Black BS. And the best thing about them is I've never seen another BS where I live that has them, so mine stands out for sure.
Ford Bronco Sport If you could buy only ONE accessory... 20230322_105044
Bills fan hey?

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Accessories I have are the floor mats, cargo mat, molle bags (just received today), the collapsible storage bin for the cargo area, and side door protectors. The one that I'm glad I have is the door protectors, seems that no matter where I park someone wants to park too close to me and the protectors already show a couple of mars from other people's doors. So I'd say that if you're only buying one then the protectors are the one.
I avoid that as much as possible by picking the furthest parking spaces away and enjoy the walk to the business. No tings. But I understand not everyone has that option, as mobility could be an issue.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Wish I could do that where I lived. Too many bad guys here I guess: or nervous cops.
Could you put maybe a 35 % or even a 50% tint? I Plan on one or the other and I live in a, no tint driver/passenger front window law area.I see plenty of vehicles with a light tint on the front. Also plenty full tint.Seems if you are visible maybe you won’t be ticketed?

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
I tend to agree. This is a taken for granted feature, but it actually factored into the decision in my case. With kids, it's especially helpful. Easy clean up.
As well I can’t get enough of looking at that happy bucking bronco. Better than see some company name all the time. I am an animal person .

MDwayne

Big Bend
First Name
MDwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 18 Zion SRT, 73 VW Super Beetle
Could you put maybe a 35 % or even a 50% tint?
Well, I would like to, but I'm pretty sure I can't. The Provincial Act for tinting says "No tint allowed for front windows." Technically, it allows up to 30% light blocking, which is the amount used in the factory. Unfortunately, our local police have recently been issued shiny new light measuring devices and they seem to be having fun playing with them. Just recently, I was pulled over by a member of "one of our finest", while driving an old car, not modified, that measured about 37% blocking. It didn't matter that I bought the car that way, the officer just assumed I was lying, and gave me 48hrs to fix it: at least I didn't get a ticket.

PugDad

Badlands
First Name
Bronco Lilly
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BSBL
Well, I would like to, but I'm pretty sure I can't. The Provincial Act for tinting says "No tint allowed for front windows." Technically, it allows up to 30% light blocking, which is the amount used in the factory. Unfortunately, our local police have recently been issued shiny new light measuring devices and they seem to be having fun playing with them. Just recently, I was pulled over by a member of "one of our finest", while driving an old car, not modified, that measured about 37% blocking. It didn't matter that I bought the car that way, the officer just assumed I was lying, and gave me 48hrs to fix it: at least I didn't get a ticket.
Are you in Ontario?

MDwayne

Big Bend
First Name
MDwayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Bronco Sport, 18 Zion SRT, 73 VW Super Beetle
Are you in Ontario?
The Newfoundland part of Newfoundland and Labrador: on the Avalon peninsula, near the City of St. John's. I mention the specific place as it is the most heavily populated and has greater enforcement than some of the more "natural" areas.