I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models?

Hot pepper red

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
Hi, I have been having an issue with the paint wearing off on the lower corners of my badlands doors, and Ford is going to take care of the problem because it is covered under warranty.

The favor I am asking is for you to look at your vehicles and tell me if you have the rubber weatherstrip installed on your rocker panel trim.

The service manager at my local dealer is telling me that the new badlands models does not come with this rubber trim installed, and I want to verify this is the case on your badlands. See attached picture.

If the rubber is not installed, did Ford redesign this rocker panel trim or just remove it to prevent the paint from wearing through? Or is this how the service manager thinks he can take care of this problem without fully addressing the issue. Hopefully, he is being honest with me.
Ford Bronco Sport I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models? PXL_20240502_002720667.MP
Sponsored

Last edited:

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have a 24 BS Badlands. The rubber piece is not on the trim. It looks like Ford did not redesign the trim piece. They just removed the rubber strip that you are showing in the picture.

OP
OP
Hot pepper red

Hot pepper red

Badlands
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport
I have a 24 BS Badlands. The rubber piece is not on the trim. It looks like Ford did not redesign the trim piece. They just removed the rubber strip that you are showing in the picture.
Thank you, I greatly appreciate your response!

DWG

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge, 2024 Bronco Sport Badlands
Your welcome :)

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'24 Shadow Black Badlands
Hi, I have been having an issue with the paint wearing off on the lower corners of my badlands doors, and Ford is going to take care of the problem because it is covered under warranty.

The favor I am asking is for you to look at your vehicles and tell me if you have the rubber weatherstrip installed on your rocker panel trim.

The service manager at my local dealer is telling me that the new badlands models does not come with this rubber trim installed, and I want to verify this is the case on your badlands. See attached picture.

If the rubber is not installed, did Ford redesign this rocker panel trim or just remove it to prevent the paint from wearing through? Or is this how the service manager thinks he can take care of this problem without fully addressing the issue. Hopefully, he is being honest with me.
Build date Dec 09, 2023.
Open channel below the wider part shown there. no rubber weatherstrip in the channel.
Ford Bronco Sport I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models? open channel below driver's door

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Rogerthat898

Big Bend
First Name
Roger
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
Looking to see if this molding was removed in all 23-24 models.
My 21 Big Bend has the molding along with the paint rubbing.

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
‘22 Badlands.. I have the 1” rubber strip in the plastic rocker panel. On the bottom of drivers door is a small section (about 1” long and less than 1/8” wide) where paint rubbed off (where arrow points). Rear door on drivers side is fine, no paint rubbed off. I’ll check the passenger side doors later.

See pic:
~3” plastic rocker
1” rubber strip
open channel
Bottom of plastic rocker

Ford Bronco Sport I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models? IMG_3629

Jill

Badlands
First Name
Gillian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Kodiak Brown Bronco Sport Badlands

Ford Bronco Sport I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models? PXL_20240502_002720667.MP
My 2021 BL looks different.

Ford Bronco Sport I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models? IMG_7004

johnardsg

Big Bend
First Name
johnard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 BS BigBend/2011 v6 Rav4
‘22 Badlands.. I have the 1” rubber strip in the plastic rocker panel. On the bottom of drivers door is a small section (about 1” long and less than 1/8” wide) where paint rubbed off (where arrow points). Rear door on drivers side is fine, no paint rubbed off. I’ll check the passenger side doors later.

See pic:
~3” plastic rocker
1” rubber strip
open channel
Bottom of plastic rocker

Ford Bronco Sport I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models? IMG_3629
My 2021 BB is very similar to yours, just extra plastic covers on the bottom holes on all doors.

Ford Bronco Sport I have a favor to ask from members with '23-'24 badlands models? IMG_9031

RushMan

Badlands
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Dude

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
My 2021 BB is very similar to yours, just extra plastic covers on the bottom holes on all doors.
At the bottom of your door it looks in your pic there is a long strip or build up of metal (running horizontally just above bottom of door, and another running vertically), seems that would add just enough push to prevent the paint from wearing off like OP showed and shown in my pic.

And in addition you got the extra plastic covers on the bottom holes on the doors!
Sponsored