Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport and 2004 Ford Escape AWD
  • Banned
Ok so, I got a first run Base model back in December 2020
With the beloved Engine cover.
If I Added the hood Insulation would that help my motor warm up faster in the winter, My winters only drop into the teens.
I could care less about sound deadening as even now I have to listen to hear this little mill work.
It’s just so slow to get the water temp gage moving.
Ok so I’m a wussy, I remote start for ten or fifteen minutes and then I drive a mile sometimes two before the heater starts warming up the cabin.
Sponsored

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"
If I Added the hood Insulation would that help my motor warm up faster in the winter, My winters only drop into the teens.
I could care less about sound deadening as even now I have to listen to hear this little mill work.
Ok so I’m a wussy, I remote start for ten or fifteen minutes and then I drive a mile sometimes two before the heater starts warming up the cabin.
Been watching the threads
Waiting for the first "I put in a block heater....it's easy"
Parts $250ish
Lower half driver side of block
Dealer est $600+
So, I wait
Second vehicle has block heater
The engine loves it
Toasty on take off
Maybe when I put on the front clip skid plate I'll take a looksee
Forgot to mention
Hood insulation
All in good time

Meanderthal

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'08 BMW R1200 GS Adv, '23 Norden Expedition
Would hood insulation change the warm-up time on the engine? Probably a little but not enough for you to notice the difference. I’m guessing the base model does not have heated seats. That is something I kind of insist on and I will finally have a heated steering wheel when my BS arrives. Luxuries for sure but so nice to have when it is in the teens and lower. The block heater is a good idea that would be a lot more effective than the insulation. Also garage parking, if you’ve got it, will also help.

13MikeH

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco sport
I would assume the insulation MIGHT help it warm a little faster but the cool air through wheel wells, grill, and underbody would eventually cool the motor as it sits. Once running I'd guess it would trap heat and allow a little faster processing of warming. I doubt it helps a ton, usually snow melts off my hood pretty quick. I was blessed with the elusive engine cover and hood insulation. I hit the jackpot.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
That’s what remote start is for! The car might not need a minute to warm up, but the driver sure does.

Your post though reminds me of this. Thankfully we’re 30 years beyond covering grills in cardboard.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Insulation 2F9DB9E4-AA18-43B7-883A-5383833DB403

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
  • Banned
I never will need or buy heated seats.

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
Ugh now in addition to cardboard on grills I’m remembering when cars had multiple electrical cords sticking out of the grill. Block heater, interior heater, and yes battery blanket.

At this rate is anybody old enough to remember (even I only vaguely remember them as a kid) those stick on things you’d put on your car side windows to keep them defrosted? They basically I guess made a section of the glass double pane. I can’t even find a pic of one now.

Now this thread just has me 🥶 thinking about it! Love modern cars with their effective heat/defrost systems, heated seats, heck heated steering wheel is like something from a whole other world now

Michigunman

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport
I never will need or buy heated seats.
LOL your original post doesn't seem to agree.
"Ok so I’m a wussy, I remote start for ten or fifteen minutes and then I drive a mile sometimes two before the heater starts warming up the cabin."

Escape2Bronco

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Lexus, 2022 Bronco Sport, 2023 Heritage 2 dr
Ugh now in addition to cardboard on grills I’m remembering when cars had multiple electrical cords sticking out of the grill. Block heater, interior heater, and yes battery blanket.

At this rate is anybody old enough to remember (even I only vaguely remember them as a kid) those stick on things you’d put on your car side windows to keep them defrosted? They basically I guess made a section of the glass double pane. I can’t even find a pic of one now.

Now this thread just has me 🥶 thinking about it! Love modern cars with their effective heat/defrost systems, heated seats, heck heated steering wheel is like something from a whole other world now
Oh, I remember all too well. Plus a really crappy 12v defroster to help.

Reactions: MJE

Major Kong

Base
First Name
Major
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport aka "Spark Plug"

Don't forget to stomp the pedal to set the choke :D

MJE

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco Sport
These used were over the place in Grand Forks, and Minot, ND when I was serving in the USAF. We used to call them nuclear-hardened shrubbery.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Insulation fairbanks-carplugs-5934-890
Judging by the explorers on the left, this pic could’ve been taken no earlier than the early 2000s. I admire the person dailying a 70s Thunderbird? in winter even back then. Should’ve been approaching if not reached age 25 by that point.

OP
OP
Osco

Osco

Banned
Base
Banned
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
These used were over the place in Grand Forks, and Minot, ND when I was serving in the USAF. We used to call them nuclear-hardened shrubbery.

Ford Bronco Sport Hood Insulation fairbanks-carplugs-5934-890
Why not Minot, Freezings the Reason. 82,83 loved that base.
SR-71 Crew swap, In and out like the Firefox, Clint Eastwood’s Bird/Movie,
Windchills in the -95 degree range for a week,
The Moose Incident,
F-5 Tornado along side the Alert Birds,
Snowed in at a Remote LCF for the weekend, Great food there.
The Jacalopes,
A woman behind ever tree LoL,
Sponsored