Hood deflector interfering with Pre-collision system

Tigrzeye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco Sport
Good morning. Looking to see if anyone else has had this issue.

I am receiving an alert that my Pre-collision assist is not available. At first fairly randomly, once in a while, not daily or even
weekly. My dealer changed the radar unit behind the front bumper. Then they changed the camera above the rear view mirror.

Changing the radar unit didn't change much, still random alerts. Once they changed the camera it happened frequently even 4-5 times
on a 2 mile drive. Each time it resets and works until it doesn't again. Then not for days and then often again. Yesterday the vehicle
was just sitting in a lot idling, not moving at all. They also checked the software on the power steering control module as I found
a SSM that referred to that as a possible cause. Software was up to date.

They say a GSB refers to interference by the hood deflector as the cause. I have the Aeroskin II and purchased through Ford parts. The catalogue
listing does not say there are any instances or features not to use it with. Of course if there is damage to the hood paint removing it Ford won't
cover the repair or even refund the cost of the deflector.

Do any of you have the Aeroskin II with Pre-collision alert system and it is working fine?

2022 Ford Sport Bronco Big Bend edition.

H
Sponsored

Bronclahoma

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

I am receiving an alert that my Pre-collision assist is not available. At first fairly randomly, once in a while, not daily or even
weekly. My dealer changed the radar unit behind the front bumper. Then they changed the camera above the rear view mirror.

Changing the radar unit didn't change much, still random alerts. Once they changed the camera it happened frequently even 4-5 times
on a 2 mile drive. Each time it resets and works until it doesn't again. Then not for days and then often again. Yesterday the vehicle
was just sitting in a lot idling, not moving at all. They also checked the software on the power steering control module as I found

They say a GSB refers to interference by the hood deflector as the cause. I have the Aeroskin II and purchased through Ford parts. The catalogue
listing does not say there are any instances or features not to use it with. Of course if there is damage to the hood paint removing it Ford won't

Do any of you have the Aeroskin II with Pre-collision alert system and it is working fine?

H
I like the collision warning. Have mine set on most sensitive and it goes off now an then when I roll up too close to a vehicle. Have you adjusted the sensitivity on yours? But, if i have a brain fart, I want as much warning as I can get. Great feature.

Adanac

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport

H
I've had the same deflector on my 2021 Badlands and never had your problem.
Maybe the sensor is in the wrong spot.

OP
OP
Tigrzeye

Tigrzeye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco Sport
Bronklahoma

To clarify,, I LIKE the pre-collision system and it alerting me to a possible problem

My problem is that I am getting notice that the Pre-collision alert system is NOT available.

This alert is on the dash display. If I say OK to it or just ignore it, it will eventually reset and be active, then randomly incur a problem and I get the warning on my dash display again.

Last edited:

CableXJ

Big Bend
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport

H
2022 BB. No problems here.

Fuzzbear

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, '21 Badlands (RIP), '02 Ranger Edge
I have the Aeroskin2 on my 2022 Badlands and havenā€™t had any issues with the precollision alert system.

izzymoney

Big Bend
First Name
Isabel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Installed the hood deflector on my ā€˜23 Big Bend today with no issues.

OP
OP
Tigrzeye

Tigrzeye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco Sport
Thanks to those letting me know that your Aeroskin II is not affecting the pre-collision system on your Bronco Sport. If anyone else is or is not having a problem with the deflector in conjunction with the Pre-collision system please let me know. Again thanks and if there is a resolution to my issue I'll post it here.

Last edited:

Canuck

Outer Banks
First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport
Thanks to those letting me know that your Aeroskin II is not affecting the pre-collision system on your Bronco Sport. If anyone else is or is not having a problem with the deflector in conjunction with the Pre-collision system please let me know. Again thanks and if there is a resolution to my issue I'll post it here.
I also have the same deflector and have no problems. I think your dealer doesnā€™t have a clue and is grasping for straws here. Maybe itā€™s time to look for a more competent dealer.

Davewied

Badlands
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Badlands
I have the same deflector and have experienced some false alerts. I also recall one or two prior to installing it.

It has been awhile since the last alert, but I will bring it up next time I take in for service.

OP
OP
Tigrzeye

Tigrzeye

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Bronco Sport
I have the same deflector and have experienced some false alerts. I also recall one or two prior to installing it.

It has been awhile since the last alert, but I will bring it up next time I take in for service.
davewied
Iā€™m not getting false alarms but good to know and watch for.
I am getting an error message that the system is unavailable. Hitting the ok button clears the alert and the system eventually resets itself and starts working again. I can tell itā€™s working again when the info center display shows it is detecting a vehicle ahead of you and then alerts you with either yellow or red that you are too close to that vehicle.
Thanks for the reply.
Sponsored