SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I had to take a break. Two hours, only half of the LR flair done and I can NOT get these damn U clips to finish securing to the OEM fender. There's a slight gap but after installing the top and bottom ones, getting the 2 middle ones to sit flush and snap on is damn near impossible because they just don't sit that close together. I hope that's clear. Now I gotta go get my boy in an hour and gonna look stupid with just one whole flair on and HALF of it is only secured by 2 clips! Anyone else have a problem with install? Can I get bigger clips? Is there a I clip tool I can purchase? Should I just go take it to the dealership and say, here you do this. I've heard others say these things don't even stay in place once installed, was this a mistake?

1st pic: very rear half of flair I finally got to snap in place. Very secure. Thought that was the hardest part of this build.

2nd pic: inside wheel well. Secured by 2 U clips top and bottom, cannot get the 2 in the middle to sit flush and open the clip enough to attach. They almost look like they weren't manufacturered correctly because it's soooo hard to get them to touch and even then it looks like the edge of the flair comes up short to the OEM fender. Can't fit around.

3rd pic: how dumb I'm gonna look out there with 2 hours of work and one flair on.

Ford Bronco Sport Help with bushwacker fender flares 20210701_135724

Ford Bronco Sport Help with bushwacker fender flares 20210701_144958

Ford Bronco Sport Help with bushwacker fender flares 20210701_145327
Sponsored

Fossil

Badlands
First Name
Ernie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
10 Raptor, 95 SVT Mustang 5spd, 95 SHO 5spd
OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I appreciate you trying to help. This video is a completely different fender set. None of the installation is the same as mine with the faux bolts. I was able to fix my issue by opening the door and finishing the left side last night, but then ran into an issue on the RR fenders. They simply don't fit. One overlaps the other by millimeters. They'll have to go back to the dealership for replacement. I have no idea if the L & R front fenders will have any fit issues cause I have mudlaps and you have to install underneath them.

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I appreciate you trying to help. This video is a completely different fender set. None of the installation is the same as mine with the faux bolts. I was able to fix my issue by opening the door and finishing the left side last night, but then ran into an issue on the RR fenders. They simply don't fit. One overlaps the other by millimeters. They'll have to go back to the dealership for replacement. I have no idea if the L & R front fenders will have any fit issues cause I have mudlaps and you have to install underneath them.
I installed the fender flares myself with the same problem. My dealer emailed this to me
Guy from bushwacher (Ford branded accessory) also said he is sending another kit as well that aids in flares staying tighter to vehicle. I haven't got it yet, hope it solves the problem.

OP
OP
SilverVVolf

SilverVVolf

Badlands
First Name
Rad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport
I installed the fender flares myself with the same problem. My dealer emailed this to me
Guy from bushwacher (Ford branded accessory) also said he is sending another kit as well that aids in flares staying tighter to vehicle. I haven't got it yet, hope it solves the problem.
Same. I'm to receive another set but they have to make em'. Hope your problem gets fixed as well.

retiredguy

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport BB , 2020 Ecosport, 2017 Escape
I received this kit from Bushwacker as well. I was able to install the fender flares without any issue but I asked Bushwacker to send me the kit. Looks like some more 3M tape as well as prep pads. You are supposed to removed the bracket on the flare and scrape off the existing tape, clean the area and add the tape provided in the kit. Not sure if this will help or not but I put it away in case it's needed for the future.

Kraken1

Big Bend
First Name
Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Sport Big Bend
I received this kit from Bushwacker as well. I was able to install the fender flares without any issue but I asked Bushwacker to send me the kit. Looks like some more 3M tape as well as prep pads. You are supposed to removed the bracket on the flare and scrape off the existing tape, clean the area and add the tape provided in the kit. Not sure if this will help or not but I put it away in case it's needed for the future.
When I looked at the fender flare more closely I could see the problem was the bracket on the inside keeping it away from the fender. I was going to cut the clip off and use some of that Le Page premium polyurethane construction adhesive until my ford dealer emailed me and said they were sending me another kit, so I will wait. He just phoned me today to say my trailer hitch Bronco cap was in.:like::clap:
Sponsored