MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
Sorry.. I started to post that I was happy with my dealership since they are putting up the cost for the missing items on my Bronco Sport including engine cover, hood protector, and plastic cover under passenger dash.

I didn't mean to post the message (too boring). I closed the page.. but it posted anyway.
Are you saying your Badlands didn't have the insulation under the hood? As well as the under dash and engine cover (I know this answer)?
Sponsored

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
Are you saying your Badlands didn't have the insulation under the hood? As well as the under dash and engine cover (I know this answer)?
As discussed to no end, it's been confirmed those items were eliminated from 22 Badlands.

MNVKSFN

Badlands
First Name
JAMES
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 BRONCO SPORT
As discussed to no end, it's been confirmed those items were eliminated from 22 Badlands.
I knew about the under dash and engine cover, but thought the hood insulation was still on the Badlands.

bjbena

First Name
Barry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape SEL. EcoSport SES
I knew about the under dash and engine cover, but thought the hood insulation was still on the Badlands.
Nope. Multiple people, in multiple posts, have reported it's been removed also.

Mark S.

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands | 2020 Escape
Nope. Multiple people, in multiple posts, have reported it's been removed also.
There is so much content on this site at this point it’s not reasonable to assume everyone is reading everything all the time. I miss things all the time, even stuff that’s been posted more than once, and I have time to spend a lot of time here. I’d say give folks a break unless they’re repeat offenders—you know who you are…

mwright88

Big Bend
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford ranger
Sometimes you can't believe a simple job could be so messed up.

Sure I could go to the dealer and ask them to square up my license plate bolts, but I don't think I can trust them..

Any advice?
  • Can the dealer fix this easily?
    • Are we looking at a $5000 new bumper (saw that on another forum)
  • Simple offset of left hole?
    • Does Home Depot carry a fastener doodad to "lower" the screw?
    • Surely Napa has a doodad?
  • Redrill both sides and silicone the holes?
Thanks

Ford Bronco Sport "He Had One Job" (Dealer Prep FAIL) HeHadOneJob
Unfortunatley the Bronco and Ford failed with it, the bronco 2 is on an escape frame, do yourself a favor and buy a jeep

tburner

Badlands
First Name
Troy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Sport
What does it look like under the plate? I suspect either they didn't drill into at least one of the standoffs or they did but messed it up so bad that they drilled a new adjacent hole. If the former, you can just screw into the standoff and be good to go. If the latter, you could shave some plastic off the bumper cover in a place you can't normally see, then melt the shaving into the messed up hole in the standoff with a solder iron or hot ice pick, and then redrill. You don't have to fill the hole, just put enough to bite into.

NMhunter

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BS Badlands
My '22 Badlands came with the hood insulation, not the engine cover. Love the Porsche picture. My plate was installed correctly, but I've seen too many hanging license plates, so I put two more screws in the bottom of the plate.

altoblue

Big Bend
First Name
Rich
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport Big Bend

Sure I could go to the dealer and ask them to square up my license plate bolts, but I don't think I can trust them..

Any advice?
Thanks

i get why this could be upsetting but i don't think id be losing any sleep over it

Kyukidoeric

Big Bend
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Sport

Any advice?
Thanks

That's terrible. I hate crooked or off center things. I'd talk to a manager and get the bumper replaced. You could easily fix it yourself if needed, there are a ton of options to fix the holes. And the license plate should cover it. I'd try to get it replaced tho. That guy should get a new position with the company, like janitorial services. Not service.

OP
OP
TakeTheBlack

TakeTheBlack

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sport Outer Banks, 2020 Mazda CX-9
What does it look like under the plate? I suspect either they didn't drill into at least one of the standoffs or they did but messed it up so bad that they drilled a new adjacent hole. If the former, you can just screw into the standoff and be good to go. If the latter, you could shave some plastic off the bumper cover in a place you can't normally see, then melt the shaving into the messed up hole in the standoff with a solder iron or hot ice pick, and then redrill. You don't have to fill the hole, just put enough to bite into.
I need to make a roadtrip to your garage!

My plan is simple.. I have a new plate coming along with a custom bracket. I think I can use a file to elongate the plate hole on the left (to lower the left side).

TEdison

Outer Banks
First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Sport OBX / 2020 Lincoln Corsair
The front plates were factory drilled. The rear ones were not. I "think" the factory always places a subtle guide template where the drill should go.
The bumper comes drilled from the factory. If they had to drill holes, it probably means they had to replace the bumper. Replacements do not come with the trailer hitch or license plate preparation.